Approval Rating

This update will give the approval rating more important. first of all how about the change of it mechanic instead of it increase or decrease due to victory in war why not include how high the disease and crime percentage are if the crime and disease rate are high the approval rating will be low the opposite for when the crime and disease rating are low and also when the average income are high it will increase the approval rating too. Now you might ask why do we need to keep the approval rating high? That because when the approval rating are low people will start rioting when people are rioting they will destroy some infrastructure and make the other infrastructure perform worse than normal. you will also have to wasted money per turn to control the riot .the effect became worse the lower the approval rating but when the approval rating are high infrastructure will work better than normal and you will get a small buff on taxes. I feel like if this update was added it will make approval rating more important and it will make player care more about their citizens not to mention it will make tax a better way to gain passive income.Thank you for reading my suggestion.

Edited by PaphonIssarapisit
  • Downvote 1

I mean isn’t an update that completely open up a new way to play a game a good thing ? and maybe we can give a warning 1 month before we start adding the update and on that 1 month people will get a boost on there income rate so they will be able to adapt to this update 

5 hours ago, PaphonIssarapisit said:

This update will give the approval rating more important first of all how about the change of it mechanic instead of it increase or decrease due to victory in war why not include how high the disease and crime percentage are if the crime and disease rate are high the approval rating will be low the opposite for when the crime and disease rating are low and also when the average income are high it will increase the approval rating too. Now you might ask why do we need to keep the approval rating high? That because when the approval rating are low people will start rioting when people are rioting they will destroy some infrastructure and make the other infrastructure perform worse than normal and you will also have to wasted money per turn to control the riot the effect became worse the lower the approval rating but when the approval rating are high infrastructure will work better than normal and you will get a small buff on taxes. I feel like if this update was added it will make approval rating more important and it will make player care more about their citizens not to mention it will make tax a better way to gain passive income.Thank you for reading my suggestion.

I think you should have a  option to resolve the riot peacefully or just mow them down

• Haha 3

Yeah you can solve the riot by improving the approval rating and for the mowing them down option that might be a bit too complicated I don’t know how that mechanic will work

24 minutes ago, Brother Jauffre said:

I think you should have a  option to resolve the riot peacefully or just mow them down

Yeah you can solve the riot by improving the approval rating and for the mowing them down option that might be a bit too complicated I don’t know how that mechanic will work. 

5 hours ago, Hideri said:

There is only one problem: How are you gonna implement this without breaking the entire game? Besides that, I like the suggestion

I mean isn’t an update that completely open up a new way to play a game a good thing ? and maybe we can give a warning 1 month before we start adding the update and on that 1 month people will get a boost on there income rate so they will be able to adapt to this update 

53 minutes ago, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

approval rating def needs to be updated and made into  game mech.

but prob we would need to reset all approval raitings

Most likely yes we have to start at 50% so people who have low rating will have a change to change their gameplay first 

8 hours ago, PaphonIssarapisit said:

This update will give the approval rating more important. first of all how about the change of it mechanic instead of it increase or decrease due to victory in war why not include how high the disease and crime percentage are if the crime and disease rate are high the approval rating will be low the opposite for when the crime and disease rating are low and also when the average income are high it will increase the approval rating too. Now you might ask why do we need to keep the approval rating high? That because when the approval rating are low people will start rioting when people are rioting they will destroy some infrastructure and make the other infrastructure perform worse than normal. you will also have to wasted money per turn to control the riot .the effect became worse the lower the approval rating but when the approval rating are high infrastructure will work better than normal and you will get a small buff on taxes. I feel like if this update was added it will make approval rating more important and it will make player care more about their citizens not to mention it will make tax a better way to gain passive income.Thank you for reading my suggestion.

sorry I forgot to include when people are straving

4 hours ago, PaphonIssarapisit said:

sorry I forgot to include when people are straving

You can edit your message by clicking the 3 dots at the top right of the message.

On 6/5/2021 at 10:24 AM, PaphonIssarapisit said:

No, the issue is that it will change the gameplay entirely, current war strategies will become unusable, for example. It will definitely make gameplay more interesting, but it will force builds, war strategies, revenue, tax, basically everything, to change completely. I like your concept, you just need to find a way to implement it.

• Upvote 1

1527127615_Untitled141_20231114233542copy2.png.2dc28bdec398b1f2bf11b46ebf9a222d.png

I like the general notion of making the approval rating functional in some way.  The difference between capable and incapable players is highlighted by their ability to understand and play according to the game meta, and to assimilate meta changes quickly into the way the game is played at individual and alliance level.

Having said this, I think game changes little and often is the way to modify games like this, and linking approval rating to a great swathe of nation features that are already somewhat complex may well be too much.

Perhaps making it a modifier of national tax rate in a manner that overcomes the otherwise neutral influence this figure has to one's income?  It needn't be a huge influence, but not completely inconsiderable either....perhaps a -5% to +5% influence on National Tax Revenues?

0-20% approval = 1% increase in NTR
20-40% = 2%

etc etc.  plus something equivalent for negative approval ratings ofc

Edited by Etat
  • Upvote 1

Celer Et Audax

23 hours ago, Hideri said:

No, the issue is that it will change the gameplay entirely, current war strategies will become unusable, for example. It will definitely make gameplay more interesting, but it will force builds, war strategies, revenue, tax, basically everything, to change completely. I like your concept, you just need to find a way to implement it.

I mean 1 month is a pretty long time I’m pretty sure that people will be able to adapt and create a new war plan also most people crime and disease rates are already small so it probably wouldn’t matter plus they also get extra money at that time so they will be able to change their city style in time but if that still not enough we could just make the penalty really small like maybe decrease the effectiveness of the infrastructure by only 1-5% and money penalty can only be 5% andremove the infrastructure damage . when the approval rating are high maybe only increase the effectiveness of the infrastructure  by only 1-5% and increase taxes by 5-10% so it wouldn’t have that much effect.

12 hours ago, Etat said:

I like the general notion of making the approval rating functional in some way.  The difference between capable and incapable players is highlighted by their ability to understand and play according to the game meta, and to assimilate meta changes quickly into the way the game is played at individual and alliance level.

Having said this, I think game changes little and often is the way to modify games like this, and linking approval rating to a great swathe of nation features that are already somewhat complex may well be too much.

Perhaps making it a modifier of national tax rate in a manner that overcomes the otherwise neutral influence this figure has to one's income?  It needn't be a huge influence, but not completely inconsiderable either....perhaps a -5% to +5% influence on National Tax Revenues?

20-40% = 2%

I kinda hoping that maybe the plus could be at 10% and the minus  I agree with you 5% is enough 

As others have pointed out, this would probably require reworking a lot of things in game. I do agree that approval rating could use a slight overhaul since its basically a worthless stat at the moment. A more straightforward edit would be to have it contribute to your population or income. But you would have to reduce the role of wins/losses in wars. 

Having population destroy your infra is an interesting idea, but I think it would have to be implemented in the form of events like CN has.

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

Approval rating is pretty useless as of now; your ideas do sound great but it might be a lot of work on something that is unnecessary atm. Though it would be great to see something like that after the current mechanics are fixed. 

On 6/9/2021 at 7:40 AM, Etat said:

20-40% = 2%

This sounds good but what about the nations who have around 1000 or more negative points for approval rating.

image.png.53cb39df314b30232b410b94801b6f72.png

18 hours ago, PaphonIssarapisit said:

I kinda hoping that maybe the plus could be at 10% and the minus  I agree with you 5% is enough 

Just starting figures to give the idea some substance.  The details would clearly need to be looked at in the context of everything else to ensure it didn't break/void other aspects of the game.

6 minutes ago, MYC said:

...This sounds good but what about the nations who have around 1000 or more negative points for approval rating.

I agree that should such a change ever be made, perhaps resetting everyone to 0 would be in order.

• Upvote 1

Celer Et Audax

The approval rating will be reset to 50

30 minutes ago, MYC said:

Approval rating is pretty useless as of now; your ideas do sound great but it might be a lot of work on something that is unnecessary atm. Though it would be great to see something like that after the current mechanics are fixed. 

This sounds good but what about the nations who have around 1000 or more negative points for approval rating.

We should reset the point to start again at 50