Emergency Recruitment (Credits for accelerated recruitment)

Talus

Problem:
A nation's spies can be taken from max to 0 in just 24 hours. Rebuilding these spies would take 15 uninterrupted days with projects.

Solution:

3fo87e.jpg

Emergency Recruitment

Redeem a credit to increase
the recruitment cap for one
type of military to 50% of max
for one day.

May only redeem once a day.

Cost: 1 Credit

Complications:

1. What's the point of reducing a nation to zero spies if they can just spend 2 credits to be at max again?
    Well, you can just destroy their spies again with three successful assassinate ops; I've seen many take out 18 spies per op. If successful, you've just made them burn through ~$50M in cash and credits.
  2. Why open this to all military types and not just spies? Spies are the only ones that are a problem, right?
    Getting zeroed in any type of military is frustrating. This gives players a way to come back in one area. Besides, it doesn't speed up recruitment that much for other military areas. You can get to max for most in three days anyway. This just speeds that up to two days.
  3. Isn't this just catering to the pay-to-win whales?
    You'll still be capped to redeeming 10 credits/month and anybody can buy credits with in-game currency.
Edited by Talus
Updated limit to once a day
  • Downvote 8

Pffffftt oh yes great idea.

This solves the dreadful, just kind bogglingly depressing problem of Sakura not being able to !@#$ slap enough nerds simultaneously. 🤣

Why's that Sakura? 8 wars is too many you'll get grinded down but slap as it happens? NO PROBLEM COMRADE HAVE YOUR REBUYS SUPERCHARGED BY THE COLD, DEAD HAND OF STALIN HIMSELF PUSHING THE PEASANTS TO YOUR BANNER!

Wonderful idea no problems here not a goddamn one lmfao.

download.jpeg

Edited by Zei-Sakura Alsainn

I have quite possibly not seen a worse suggestion in the history of this game.

This would literally shatter every piece of meta we have, I dont think you realize how broken it is to be able to full buy every unit after being zeroed out of nowhere.

Because just FYI, it is so incredibly broken. 

Edited by BelgiumFury

I love it, but it would also break the game, this is super pay to win, imagine you just spent 2 days with 2 other guys grinding down 2 guys militaries.  you log off for 30 mins, come back on, and all of a sudden, you are now losing because the two guys just dropped 6 credits and completely rebuilt and counter attacked, now the only way to counteract that is to drop your own credits.

The amount of money sheeps would make would be glorious for like a month, and then most of the game would just quit.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Talus said:

Redeem a credit to increase
the recruitment cap for one
type of military to 50% of max
for one day.

Cost: 1 Credit

For balance it would have to be a high cost like 10 or 5 credits. That means you could only do it once or twice a month. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

3 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

I have quite possibly not seen a worse suggestion in the history of this game.

This would literally shatter every piece of meta we have, I dont think you realize how broken it is to be able to full buy every unit after being zeroed out of nowhere.

Because just FYI, it is so incredibly broken. 

3 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I love it, but it would also break the game, this is super pay to win, imagine you just spent 2 days with 2 other guys grinding down 2 guys militaries.  you log off for 30 mins, come back on, and all of a sudden, you are now losing because the two guys just dropped 6 credits and completely rebuilt and counter attacked, now the only way to counteract that is to drop your own credits.

The amount of money sheeps would make would be glorious for like a month, and then most of the game would just quit.

Ah right. Will update to say that this can only be done once a day. The idea was that they could bounce back with only one type of military. If someone suddenly had full ships but was zeroed everywhere else, then you just airstrike their ships.

• Wiki Mod

Or we could just not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Guest Zephyr
13 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

For balance it would have to be a high cost like 10 or 5 credits. That means you could only do it once or twice a month. 

I feel like if that becomes the case, the price of Credits will explode.

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

I feel like if that becomes the case, the price of Credits will explode.

During war, yeah definitely. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

Guest Zephyr
41 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

During war, yeah definitely. 

Players would determine the price at which credits are a worthwhile investment for this game mechanic, and stockpile them if/when the price falls enough during peace periods. Therefore, I would assume the price would remain high across peace and wartime, with wartime maybe a little higher because some players will not have planned ahead or gotten behind on their credit stockpiles. So I think it'd be a reasonable assumption that such a game mechanic would permanently inflate credit prices.

8 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Players would determine the price at which credits are a worthwhile investment for this game mechanic, and stockpile them if/when the price falls enough during peace periods. Therefore, I would assume the price would remain high across peace and wartime, with wartime maybe a little higher because some players will not have planned ahead or gotten behind on their credit stockpiles. So I think it'd be a reasonable assumption that such a game mechanic would permanently inflate credit prices.

To a point, yes, however you can't have as huge a price inflation as you might for other resources since you can only sell 10 credits a month. As far as I'm aware, a large amount of the resource scalping comes from like 5-10 people which would not make a dent in the credit market due to the limits. 

2 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

To a point, yes, however you can't have as huge a price inflation as you might for other resources since you can only sell 10 credits a month. As far as I'm aware, a large amount of the resource scalping comes from like 5-10 people which would not make a dent in the credit market due to the limits. 

I can tell you right now grumpy warchest requirements if this was done, would instantly include 10 credits min

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2021 at 6:22 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I can tell you right now grumpy warchest requirements if this was done, would instantly include 10 credits min

I think most c20+ nations would have this. If not 20 (if a war happens to happen at the end of a month like this one for example.)
Could always lower other warchest requirements if you can buy tanks / planes for a credit anyway.

18 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

I think most c20+ nations would have this. If not 20 (if a war happens to happen at the end of a month like this one for example.)
Could always lower other warchest requirements if you can buy tanks / planes for a credit anyway.

This would only increase the recruitment cap. You’d still need to put up the cash and resources to buy units.

On 5/27/2021 at 12:39 AM, Talus said:
  1. Isn't this just catering to the pay-to-win whales?

All of life is pay-to-win, though sometimes the Internet gives the illusion of fairness sometimes, maybe.  But since you're a VIP with many cities, ranked

#174 of 40,727 Nations (0.43%)

you should change that to openly and honestly say "Isn't this just catering to people like myself?"  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1