War Name Thread -GW18

Dr Rush

"The Great Mirage"

It kind fits since both blocs seem normal at first but in reality roasis had massive lower tier with almost no high tier vs the overwhelming Hollywood high tier. The war gave the illusion of being extremely one sided but ended in a white peace due to the inability of both sides to effect breach the respective tiers. (plus it suits considering the real definitions of Hollywood/oasis)

Guest Zephyr
On 5/27/2021 at 3:43 AM, Krampus said:

@Dr Rush

We did a poll on it over at RON, does nearly 400 votes count?

image.thumb.png.7bacc453bf71b9f4e6b0d865124e5f86.png

...On a private for-profit politically biased Discord, one which there is no expectation players would participate in and no fair prior notice would be the arbiter of the war's naming, that it would conduct a vote with no proper oversight to ensure that only legitimate players participated and votes were not removed or access stifled? Yeah, nah.

12 hours ago, Zephyr said:

private for-profit

management/ownership doesn't even get paid

politically biased

said management is from four separate areas of the game

no expectation players would participate in

400 votes, double that of the last forum poll

no proper oversight

I'm sure we have some secret agenda we're pushing by posting war names random readers gave us.

legitimate players participated

crap, you figured out our plan to make hundreds of alts to rig the name of a war only one of us was involved in

votes were not removed or access stifled

see the last two responses

Lmao.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

unknown_3_1_65.png

6 minutes ago, Changeup said:

I'm sure we have some secret agenda we're pushing by posting war names random readers gave us.

crap, you figured out our plan to make hundreds of alts to rig the name of a war only one of us was involved in

Lmao.

Bro, that doesn't account for the fact all those names sucked and the creativity level is negligent. I mean you left an option for Hollywoods first ride? How uninspired are you guys over there? Do better.

Actually I'll double down Changup. I dare you guys to ask a simple question there "Do we suck at naming Globals?" with an option for yes/no. I guarantee you most of the users will vote yes.

Edited by SleepingNinja
  • Upvote 2

image.png?ex=65f5acc8&is=65e337c8&hm=1606ce00348e48cf652f897b3bc05280d703dba4c8d18f7b009ab2ca44a5283b&

Guest Zephyr
5 minutes ago, Changeup said:

Lmao.

Were you laughing at how the point flew over your head?

Guest Zephyr
1 minute ago, Changeup said:

No, I'm laughing at how ridiculous the point was in the first place.

How is it "ridiculous" to suggest private enterprise should not be the arbiter on a community issue?

Why do this? The community already calls it Guns and Roses. Just leave it be. Otherwise we end up with crap like GW16/Duck Hunt/Leaky Faucet/whatever other name people tried to force after it concluded. After GW16 was The Last Ride. After The Last Ride is Guns and Roses. Stop making it harder than it needs to be.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

How is it "ridiculous" to suggest private enterprise should not be the arbiter on a community issue?

RON is a community server with over 1600 members. We're far more active than the P&W Server and our main channel, #the-balkans, is the most active P&W-related channel that there is. This is not like a bank or alliance trying to decide a war name, at this point RON is well past being known simply as a news server.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

unknown_3_1_65.png

9 minutes ago, Changeup said:

RON is a community server with over 1600 members. We're far more active than the P&W Server and our main channel, #the-balkans, is the most active P&W-related channel that there is. This is not like a bank or alliance trying to decide a war name, at this point RON is well past being known simply as a news server.

If your so pissy that you want Guns and Roses to win the name war, then vote for it in the upcoming vote, otherwise stfu. Your name suggestions were pure trash, and even if the name wins the upcoming voting which is fine (I already said I think it is an uninspiring name) I think the fact than RON is trying to muscle in their influence to vote on the name within minutes of the war taking place is ridiculous. Tbh I don't think I will be apart of your propaganda network anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Zephyr
1 minute ago, Changeup said:

I'm asking why you think RON is a more appropriate forum to host the determination of the war name (instead of, you know, the official P&W forum that players would correctly assume is the official discussion space for the community) and your response is just bragging about RON accomplishments. Did you forget to complete your post and make an actual rebuttal, or did you humble RON folk just want to inject more RON into a thread that isn't about RON? Maybe you could blog about it on your news server, let everyone know how triggered you are that I had an opinion you didn't like.

It is a shame there weren't a lot of (good) options to pick from but Guns & Roses is honestly a good name regardless ^_^

• Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

1 hour ago, Redarmy said:

Guns and Roses is subjectively the best. 

It is now objectively the best, by proclamation of I, Sakura, Head of the Council of Sakura. You are welcome, MORTAL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Vice said:

Why do this? The community already calls it Guns and Roses. Just leave it be. Otherwise we end up with crap like GW16/Duck Hunt/Leaky Faucet/whatever other name people tried to force after it concluded. After GW16 was The Last Ride. After The Last Ride is Guns and Roses. Stop making it harder than it needs to be.

Fyi I am quite a boring person and would be quite happy just calling these wars GW16, GW17, and GW18 :serious:

• Upvote 3

On 6/16/2021 at 11:41 AM, Mayor said:

If your so pissy that you want Guns and Roses to win the name war, then vote for it in the upcoming vote, otherwise stfu. Your name suggestions were pure trash, and even if the name wins the upcoming voting which is fine (I already said I think it is an uninspiring name) I think the fact than RON is trying to muscle in their influence to vote on the name within minutes of the war taking place is ridiculous. Tbh I don't think I will be apart of your propaganda network anymore.

Lol. You really ignored everything I said, didn't you?

unknown_3_1_65.png

Guest Zephyr
9 hours ago, Changeup said:

Lol. You really ignored everything I said, didn't you?

You are guilty of your own charges in this very thread, quoting my post while responding with irrelevant RON details instead of offering a counter argument.

Now you're injecting RON into the voting thread too...

10 hours ago, Changeup said:

Huh? RON has 1600 members and absolutely anyone can join. We had double the participation that this poll has had so far. 

You are a RON shill polluting the forum.

Let's take a look at your first response to me which proves your own oblivious posting style.

I posted...

On 6/16/2021 at 10:10 AM, Zephyr said:

...On a private for-profit politically biased Discord, one which there is no expectation players would participate in and no fair prior notice would be the arbiter of the war's naming, that it would conduct a vote with no proper oversight to ensure that only legitimate players participated and votes were not removed or access stifled? Yeah, nah.

So the point of this post is that private enterprises are not appropriate authorities in determining the official naming of wars, with multiple reasonings provided for why they are not an appropriate authority.

You responded quoting specifically...

private for-profit

Responding with...

On 6/16/2021 at 11:04 PM, Changeup said:

So you don't contest the fact it is a private enterprise controlled by players, but instead just assure us that management is too incompetent to turn a profit so...that means it's not a for-profit? By your logic I guess all failing businesses would be not-for-profit charities. Reviewing the wiki we can see that RON is owned by Krampus, and that it in fact identifies RON as a business. The RON Discord also sells advertising, so it is clearly a private for-profit enterprise despite your response.

Next you quote...

politically biased

Responding with...

Okay, congrats on hitting those diversity quotas, but so what? Are you suggesting it is not possible to be biased if you employ players from different alliances? You would be wrong, but something tells me you don't really care.

Next you quote me saying...

no expectation players would participate in

Followed by...

Once again, congratulations on your RON accomplishments but what's this got to do with my point? Are you suggesting that when a private enterprise is giddy about a few hundred users reacting to a poll that this places an expectation on all the thousands of players to participate in that specific private enterprise if they want their voice heard on an official community ruling? If so, how did you arrive at that conclusion? If not, then what was your point other than bragging about RON's popularity?

Also, you didn't address the part where I continued, "...and no fair prior notice would be the arbiter of the war's naming". But surely you wouldn't just ignore everything I say?

Moving on, you quote me saying...

no proper oversight

Responding with...

Well, for someone without an agenda you do seem quite interested in pushing the results from a RON poll onto the rest of us. This is another example of you ignoring what I'm saying, because your dismissive comment doesn't actually address the concern raised about a lack of oversight at all. Your comment is really just feigned incredulity that someone might consider you, or RON, capable of doing something dishonest. At this point I have to wonder why you would presume yourself held in such high universal esteem that your actions would be beyond question, especially considering your dumb responses in this thread. I would also have to inform you that it doesn't actually matter how incredulous you are, that alone does not invalidate an argument posed.

legitimate players participated

And respond with...

So again you are incapable of providing a serious response to the concern raised and just play it off with a silly comment. Remember the point of dissecting your post was to prove you guilty of your own charges against Mayor, and here you are ignoring the very comment you quoted.

Next...

votes were not removed or access stifled

Your response...

I see them, but neither addresses the point...again. At this point I have to ask, "Why bother responding to me?". You quoted six snippets of my post, and only half of them were non-dismissive nonsense. One of those actual attempts at a response is verifiably wrong, and the other two are so nonsensical they require explanation which is absent.

Oh hang on, Daddy Krampus upvoted your post. It makes sense now, you're doing this to impress your boss.

Lmao.

What's actually funny is there's a chance you still don't understand the point I was making in my original post, as evidenced by our exchanges that followed. You're too busy spruiking RON in a non-RON thread that you can't see my point isn't RON specific. It doesn't actually matter if RON is elated about their popularity and wants the forum to know how proud they are of themselves, or that RON's ownership or management is or is not diverse, because it's not about RON. My original response was a reply to Krampus' self-promotion, yes, but the point and reasonings are applicable to any private enterprise that might be suggested as an authority in determining official war names. This is why I suggested the point flew over your head and didn't bother to break-down your response, because it was irrelevant to my point. It is however useful to dissect it as an example how you ignore what other posters are saying, even when quoting them.

I swear if you offer me more of your RON facts as some kind of nonsensical rebuttal, I'm going to die a little inside.

Edited by Zephyr

6 hours ago, Zephyr said:

You are guilty of your own charges in this very thread, quoting my post while responding with irrelevant RON details instead of offering a counter argument.

Now you're injecting RON into the voting thread too...

You are a RON shill polluting the forum.

Let's take a look at your first response to me which proves your own oblivious posting style.

I posted...

So the point of this post is that private enterprises are not appropriate authorities in determining the official naming of wars, with multiple reasonings provided for why they are not an appropriate authority.

You responded quoting specifically...

Responding with...

So you don't contest the fact it is a private enterprise controlled by players, but instead just assure us that management is too incompetent to turn a profit so...that means it's not a for-profit? By your logic I guess all failing businesses would be not-for-profit charities. Reviewing the wiki we can see that RON is owned by Krampus, and that it in fact identifies RON as a business. The RON Discord also sells advertising, so it is clearly a private for-profit enterprise despite your response.

Next you quote...

Responding with...

Okay, congrats on hitting those diversity quotas, but so what? Are you suggesting it is not possible to be biased if you employ players from different alliances? You would be wrong, but something tells me you don't really care.

Followed by...

Once again, congratulations on your RON accomplishments but what's this got to do with my point? Are you suggesting that when a private enterprise is giddy about a few hundred users reacting to a poll that this places an expectation on all the thousands of players to participate in that specific private enterprise if they want their voice heard on an official community ruling? If so, how did you arrive at that conclusion? If not, then what was your point other than bragging about RON's popularity?

Also, you didn't address the part where I continued, "...and no fair prior notice would be the arbiter of the war's naming". But surely you wouldn't just ignore everything I say?

Moving on, you quote me saying...

Responding with...

Well, for someone without an agenda you do seem quite interested in pushing the results from a RON poll onto the rest of us. This is another example of you ignoring what I'm saying, because your dismissive comment doesn't actually address the concern raised about a lack of oversight at all. Your comment is really just feigned incredulity that someone might consider you, or RON, capable of doing something dishonest. At this point I have to wonder why you would presume yourself held in such high universal esteem that your actions would be beyond question, especially considering your dumb responses in this thread. I would also have to inform you that it doesn't actually matter how incredulous you are, that alone does not invalidate an argument posed.

And respond with...

So again you are incapable of providing a serious response to the concern raised and just play it off with a silly comment. Remember the point of dissecting your post was to prove you guilty of your own charges against Mayor, and here you are ignoring the very comment you quoted.

Next...

Your response...

I see them, but neither addresses the point...again. At this point I have to ask, "Why bother responding to me?". You quoted six snippets of my post, and only half of them were non-dismissive nonsense. One of those actual attempts at a response is verifiably wrong, and the other two are so nonsensical they require explanation which is absent.

Oh hang on, Daddy Krampus upvoted your post. It makes sense now, you're doing this to impress your boss.

What's actually funny is there's a chance you still don't understand the point I was making in my original post, as evidenced by our exchanges that followed. You're too busy spruiking RON in a non-RON thread that you can't see my point isn't RON specific. It doesn't actually matter if RON is elated about their popularity and wants the forum to know how proud they are of themselves, or that RON's ownership or management is or is not diverse, because it's not about RON. My original response was a reply to Krampus' self-promotion, yes, but the point and reasonings are applicable to any private enterprise that might be suggested as an authority in determining official war names. This is why I suggested the point flew over your head and didn't bother to break-down your response, because it was irrelevant to my point. It is however useful to dissect it as an example how you ignore what other posters are saying, even when quoting them.

I swear if you offer me more of your RON facts as some kind of nonsensical rebuttal, I'm going to die a little inside.

You have too much time on your hands.

unknown_3_1_65.png