[Graph] GW18: Guns and Roses Military Comparison (City Based Tiering)

wintercrest

37 minutes ago, Zevari said:

You know I gotta say, we (Roasis) are kinda like a barbarian horde against the Roman Legions. 

Odds are we will win through numbers but damn is our quality far below theirs.

Seriously our average strength is really bad compared to the overall quantity. Although this kinda disproves the "hegemony" point it does point out and any individual bloc in this war would struggle really badly in a 1v1. (with averages showing top tier being dominated and low to mid tiers nearly drawing)

The primary issue seems to be the top tiers. We can't effectively stop the top tier of Hollywood which is allowing them to down declare on people who can't do anything against them. Updeclaring is a lot harder since one big guy can probably handle three dudes with 2/3 the cities pretty easily.

Exactly. Only by multiple spheres combining together was it even possible to take on Hollywood. And yeah, things are looking a bit better for Bollywood or whatever you want to call the group that's formed to counter Hollywood, but it's important to note that even with all these spheres combining their efforts, Hollywood is -still- net positive in planes and ships in the 11-20 and planes, ships and tanks in the 21-30 tiers. Another thing, glomming all city counts above 30 is a bit misleading. If that were to be divided into, say, 31-34, 35-40 and 40+, I think you'd probably see Hollywood dominating in the 35-40 and 40+ tiers. 

Based on Cooper's numbers in this post, it's clear that even when combing Rose, Oasis and Cam together, Hollywood has 7 more nations in the 35+ zone. Against Rose, it was no contest- Hollywood outgunned them in all tiers but 2, the 31-34 tier and the 0-9 tier. Even in the cases of the 0-9 tier and the 31-34 tier, the fact that Hollywood dominated in both higher tiers strongly suggests that their down declares could more than handle the problem.  As to some of the other tiers, the margins against Rose were frequently quite daunting. I get into those margins here:

Edited by Phoenyx
Added more information
  • Upvote 1

• wintercrest changed the title to [Graph] =UPDATED= GW18: Guns and Roses Military Comparison (1st June)
  • wintercrest changed the title to [Graph] =UPDATED= GW18: Guns and Roses Military Comparison (3rd June)
26 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

The question is do you have the coordination, discipline, and activity needed to do that?  From what we have seen from our end so far, the answer is no, to the point where it looks like we might actually be pushing you downwards with control now into the low 20s (which is ridiculous)  Oasis and Cam have shown themselves to be a bit of a paper tiger so far.   Also don't act like up declares dont work or are difficult, they 100 percent do, just ask Dreadnaught.

Difficult for them. That is why Oasis/Cam complains about upper tier hegemony every 5 minutes is because they don't want to put in the effort into taking down high city nations even with their number advantage overall. NPO used to beige cycle and updeclare, Oasis counters and navals until beige. You have to use your numbers advantage effectively for it to matter and not be hopeless at war.

9 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Difficult for them. That is why Oasis/Cam complains about upper tier hegemony every 5 minutes is because they don't want to put in the effort into taking down high city nations even with their number advantage overall. NPO used to beige cycle and updeclare, Oasis counters and navals until beige. You have to use your numbers advantage effectively for it to matter and not be hopeless at war.

Are you suggesting they should GROW INTERNALLY instead of hyper blob to make up for their lacking?

THE AUDACITY OF YOU, SIR. THE AUDACITY. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

Are you suggesting they should GROW INTERNALLY instead of hyper blob to make up for their lacking?

THE AUDACITY OF YOU, SIR. THE AUDACITY. 

Just give it another 3-4 globals. Took a while for Inquisition to really improve as well.

24 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Just give it another 3-4 globals. Took a while for Inquisition to really improve as well.

Its why I have publicly stated I dont really see oasis as threat for atleast another 2 years or so.  They act like a giant blob of unruly nations, its going to take them a while to tighten it up.  They are the opposite of alliances like Oblivion or Guardian who have a tight group of nations that are used to working together, and fight as a team as a matter of habit.

Its also tougher when you have 3 blocs trying to work together, that is a lot of extra coordination that is needed vs Hollywood where we have things set up for us to succeed, tho we are basically two blocs that merged and declared at the same time, so in terms of our internals being 100 percent, it definitely took us a day or two to get things running fairly efficiently after we started the war.  (aka we will be better next time)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Idk man, I got good pretty fast myself, and built a micro from scratch that itself was good enough to go 10:1 against the IQ meatshields who cried to daddy BK to save their Offensive gone horrifyingly and unimaginably wrong. And I was the only high functioning member of gov!

I just don't get how people get to this point, I guess? Like I really just don't get it, did i skip a few chapters or what? There were hard parts to it just not this, not for me, lol. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

@wintercrest is it possible to divide the graphs further based on city counts?
Ideally, it should be 
C1-10, c10-c15, c15-c22, c23-c28, c28-c35, c35+

I can, however its already labor intensive to generate current report.
I'll make them if this reply get 50 upvotes, so i'll know how many nations actually need the report.
And maybe donations to my nation so i can grow, im still on c10 tier :((

Edited by wintercrest
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

I too will make graphs for money 👍 all you need to do is tell me what political opinion you want the graph to support and I will provide!

• Haha 2

Celer Et Audax

2 hours ago, wintercrest said:

I can, however its already labor intensive to generate current report.
I'll make them if this reply get 50 upvotes, so i'll know how many nations actually need the report.
And maybe donations to my nation so i can grow, im still on c10 tier :((

Aight cool
I'll make em myself.

• Haha 1

• wintercrest changed the title to [Graph] =UPDATED= GW18: Guns and Roses Military Comparison (5th June)
  • wintercrest changed the title to [Graph] GW18: Guns and Roses Military Comparison (City Based Tiering)
17 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Winter, why are the member quantities changing?  did someone enter or peace out, are you not counting beiged nations?  I noticed because last time i looked at your charts we had a 50/50 split in the upper tiers, now its closer to 40/60.

It could be combination of these factor:

1. Applicants accepted as member
  2. Existing member exiting VM mode
  3. Or people from previous city tier building new cities (example from C30 to C31).

I still count beiged nations, i exclude:

1. VM mode Member
  2. Applicants

• Upvote 1