QoL - Custom Alliance positions.

Prefontaine

Change Aesthetics like anthem, info, or description.

You have no idea how badly I wanna choose every Michael Jackson grunt in G major as an anthem or change the text to gravity off, mirrored.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Good news, after speaking with Alex we're going to start working on the custom alliance permissions/rolls. I wanted to do a last survey if there were any custom permission abilities people wanted to be able to give out. The current list is:

1. View Bank
  2. Manage Bank
  3. Change Rolls
    • Only leader can change all rolls permission, this will allow all rolls below leader editting.
  4. Ability to see spy count
  5. Ability to see daily reset timers
  6. Edit tax brackets
  7. Accept members
  8. View member caches

Does accept members also include remove members.
If yes I would seperate the two in two diffrent permission sets.

If no, please add that one.

• Wiki Mod

Mass message system use
Update Treaties
see tax totals

Declare war message

Edited by Dr Rush
  • Upvote 2

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Guest Zephyr

I guess the more granular you make it, the more control and flexibility it gives:

• Manage Market Sharing
  • Post Announcements
  • Delete Announcements
  • View Permissions
  • Manage Role Permissions
  • Manage Members Roles
  • Manage Members Tax
  • Manage Tax Brackets

I'd also like to pitch the idea that the perms be broken into 3 sections to increase flexibility in use:

• Roles - Place members in Roles to determine their special alliance permissions.
  • Groups - Place members in Groups to determine how they are grouped and displayed on the alliance profile.
  • Titles - Place members in Titles to determine their alliance title displayed on their nation profile.

By untying these functions it is possible to achieve specific qualities where it is undesirable to implement the others as well. For instance retired gov or veteran members can be given special titles without necessarily being displayed on the alliance profile or having special in-game permissions. Likewise, a member may retain special permissions while being unlisted on the alliance profile, which may be desirable if they're retired or holidaying and aren't expected to take or respond to enquiries. Gov could also be grouped and displayed by department on the alliance profile instead of by role, or various other ways left to the creativity of the alliance, including displaying retired gov and veteran members to help promote special alliance titles if so desired. This would permit much more flexibility.

Edited by Zephyr

On 5/26/2021 at 6:38 AM, Prefontaine said:

Good news, after speaking with Alex we're going to start working on the custom alliance permissions/rolls. I wanted to do a last survey if there were any custom permission abilities people wanted to be able to give out. Bolded items have been added from this thread. The current list is:

1. View Bank
  2. Manage Bank
  3. Change Rolls
    • Only leader can change all rolls permission, this will allow all rolls below leader editting.
  4. Ability to see spy count
  5. Ability to see daily reset timers
  6. Edit tax brackets
  7. Accept members
  8. Remove Members
  9. View member caches
  10. Edit alliance description

Along with these changes, could Alex please add MORE positions as he has promised previously. I see these permissions all being for nought if we only have 4 positions to play with (with one of them being members). 

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see the ban and invite functions separated from the kick and accept functions.

~ Ban Members (separated from kick)
~ Invite/Uninvite (separated from accept)
~Sign Treaty
~Propose Treaty
(Could be Tied to Signing instead of its own)
~Cancel Signed Treaty
~ Cancel Unsigned Treaties
(could be tied to sign or cancel, instead of its own permission)
~ Sign/Cancel Market Sharing

It would also be nice to have a separate extended audit log in the Control Panel, that works similar to the "alliance Activity" but cant have things hidden by someone spamming things that appear there, as it should show at least the last few days of activity even if the log is full on the main activity panel. 
I add this to this list instead of making a topic as a separate suggestion mainly as id like to see
~ View Alliance Activity
~ View Extended Audit Log

On 5/27/2021 at 2:43 AM, Zephyr said:

I'd also like to pitch the idea that the perms be broken into 3 sections to increase flexibility in use:

• Roles - Place members in Roles to determine their special alliance permissions.
  • Groups - Place members in Groups to determine how they are grouped and displayed on the alliance profile.
  • Titles - Place members in Titles to determine their alliance title displayed on their nation profile.

I really like this idea especially the titles, as I could title members by their Gang, Military Squad or Military Rank, without having to give them any perms.

Edited by Deborah Kobayashi
  • Upvote 3

Im not sure if this should be a separate suggestion altogether, but I will post it here as it is connected to roles & perms.

Heir Position ability to coup should be editable,
where you can choose whether they can coup at will,
coup after all leaders are over X days inactive,
or where coups can only occur if the leader is deleted (or put into the Deletion VM)