[War Glitch] Trick to do more battles with less MAPs

Majima Goro

@AlexI just had this happen:  Starting with 12, I should only have 2 MAPS left but have 6.  I waited at 12 maps apparently 4 turns until I could get enough military to fight back and encourage him to beige me ;)  .  I figure it would not be sporting to use the extra maps so I didn't and instead have reported it. If my math is correct I should legally have 3 maps to do a ground attack next turn.   The time is pacific us time.  you can figure out that I posted this about 30 minutes after my strikes before any other update.
021 12:10 am
UnWiseOne Norval of Whidbey ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Free State of Florida and eliminated 12 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. UnWiseOne Norval's forces lost 39 aircraft, while President William Jameson's defenders lost 28 aircraft. The attack destroyed 10.85 infrastructure in the city of Sumter and 193 tanks.
06/04/2021 12:11 am
UnWiseOne Norval of Whidbey ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Free State of Florida led by President William Jameson and eliminated 10 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. UnWiseOne Norval's forces lost 5,848 soldiers and 355 tanks, while President William Jameson's defenders lost 6,799 soldiers and 420 tanks. The attack destroyed 27.42 infrastructure in the city of Gainesville and 0 improvements. UnWiseOne Norval stole $441,631.76 in the attack.
06/04/2021 12:12 am
UnWiseOne Norval of Whidbey ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Free State of Florida led by President William Jameson and eliminated 10 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. UnWiseOne Norval's forces lost 4,126 soldiers and 257 tanks, while President William Jameson's defenders lost 6,110 soldiers and 369 tanks. The attack destroyed 26.67 infrastructure in the city of Micanopy and 0 improvements. Because Whidbey had Ground Control, they were able to raid Free State of Florida's airfields. Whidbey's tanks destroyed 16 aircraft in the attack. UnWiseOne Norval stole $462,627.86 in the attack.

838738264_IMG_4169(2).thumb.jpg.32de7355f96fe77e96c54b6979c24679.jpg

Edited by Norval of Whidbey
  • Thanks 1

Guest Zephyr
On 6/2/2021 at 12:08 PM, Zephyr said:

I decided to check this out myself:

1. I declared a raid war on an inactive nation.
  2. I allowed enough turns to pass that I would have 15 MAPs (despite being displayed in-game as 12).
  3. I proceeded to perform 5 ground battles in a row:
    1. The first using the military action drop-down menu to select ground battle.
    2. Thereafter I used the Attack Again button.
    3. After the 5th ground battle I was denied further ground battles due to not enough MAPs.
  4. War MAPs displayed as 0 (1 now that a turn passed).
  5. Timeline seems to reflect the results of each attack, including resistance loss.

Link to war timeline

I can try testing this again in 2 days but instead pay more attention to the apparent MAPs remaining between each attack, and instead of using the Attack Again button I will see if returning to the war page and using the military action drop-down menu changes anything.

Continuing my war, I've tried to recall and detail my steps in case something specific is an important determining factor in when the MAP bug occurs:

1. Clicked Wars from side-menu.
  2. Clicked the Military Action drop-down menu and selected Ground Battle (3).
  3. Cleared Tanks To Send into Battle field.
  4. Checked Do Not Equip Soldiers With Munitions checkbox.
  5. Clicked Ground Battle button.
  6. Clicked Military from side-menu.
  7. Clicked Soldiers in main page content.
  8. Clicked Enlist/Discharge Soldiers button (using pre-filled form recruitment number).
  9. Steps 1 through 8 two more times (attacked and replenished soldiers, totalling three times).
  10. Steps 1 through 5 again (attacked, totalling four times).
  11. Clicked to open Military from side-menu in a new tab (and proceeded to use that tab).
  12. Steps 7 and 8 again (replenished soldiers, totalling four times).
  13. Steps 1 and 2 again (attempted to launch attack).
  14. Ground Battle button absent and error message present indicating lack of MAPs to perform attack.
  15. Closed tab, returning to previous tab (still on attack report page after fourth attack).
  16. Clicked Attack Again button.
  17. Ground Battle button absent and error message present indicating lack of MAPs to perform attack.

Note:

• Military Action Points Available showed 12 for this war prior to starting this series of attacks (23 turns had passed since the last series of attacks reported in my previous post) and the in-game display for MAPs remaining adjusted appropriately as expected at all stages.

Comparisons:

• MAP bug not experienced during this series of attacks, but was during the last series of attacks.
  • Both times I had allowed excess MAPs to "expire".
  • During my last series of attacks I used the Attack Again button for each successive attack (attacks were back to back without interruption), but this time I instead navigated back to the Wars page and used the Military Action drop-down menu to launch each attack after replenishing soldiers.
  • This series of attacks were performed almost an hour before and after any turn changes, while the previous series of attacks occurred 7 - 8 minutes prior to a turn change.
Edited by Zephyr

It appears the bug has been taken off. Haven't been able to do more attacks than MAPs should allow for a few wars where MAPs were wasted at 12 for sometime.

• Like 1