[DoW] Here we go again

Exar Kun -George

1 minute ago, Ducc Zucc said:

Who would have thought an alliance filled with retired raiders and some of the oldest nations in the game would have the highest average war count?

Catch up, big boy. We've already covered this and moved on.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ducc Zucc said:

Who would have thought an alliance filled with retired raiders and some of the oldest nations in the game would have the highest average war count?

Old nations don't have nearly the same war counts as newer nations because the war counters weren't a thing when they were small and able to raid.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

He kinda has a point, the war is less than two days old, and you have launched so many nukes over your history that you cant even remember if you have launched any nukes this war.

Ok, now I have launched 1 nuke in this war. If a 39 city nation is going to attack me with an attrition war and no VDS it is just a no brainer when he is zeroed anyway.

7 hours ago, Justin076 said:

I can just imagine the effort the great and mighty GOB will make in helping out their Hollywood friends in the tough battle ahead. I fully anticipate the very tough, strong and capable GOB to drop mil to hit low and alleviate some of the pressures their sphere mates face. 

No tough, strong and capable alliance such as GOB would ever dream of keeping their score maxed and out of range of their opponents while the rest of their sphere dies. 

Last I checked (and you know this fully well), the syndicate ordered its members to avoid providing assistance to fellow coalition members during NPOLT 👍

Edited by Charles Bolivar
  • Like 1

Untitled.png

7 hours ago, Hodor said:

Grumpy

image.png.2e9a2282947cb9f79751a913fbae61a7.png

Don't go back on the Knightfall peace-terms which you alliance agreed to. People can use GOB if they want without correction. ;,p 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Last I checked (and you know this fully well), the syndicate ordered its members to avoid providing assistance to fellow coalition members during NPOLT 👍

Was this why when the TI offshore people were sleepytime and I'd just broken blockade it took me about 2 hours to find someone who'd send 1k alu my way so I could buy some planes?

17 hours ago, Arln Nen said:

Apparently times are not changing, Kilo, as we continue to find joy in having secret arrangements and dogpiles. 

This “secret” rhetoric is hilarious to me. There’s a great deal of irony here. However, that’s a talk for another day. You say “we” as if you’ve been in TKR long enough to have gone through one. You didn’t complain when you were on the giving end of one to them. In fact you laughed the entire time. 

Complaining of dogpiles is hilarious, TKR was well aware of what would happen if they did this. Stop trying to play innocent it’s unbecoming of an alliance that claims to be upholders of honor, respect, and integrity.

Dogpile wars are boring for everyone and if you guys keep blobing together for wars all that talk about a multipolar world and mini spheres is just you blowing smoke out your asses. The only thing you are doing is forcing the other blocs to blob together in order to survive and putting us right back to a bipolar world. So good job I guess.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Who Me said:

The only thing you are doing is forcing the other blocs to blob together in order to survive and putting us right back to a bipolar world. So good job I guess.

You guys immediately formed a new sphere. You guys immediately declared a war for, apparently, no reason (as it stands now). Neither of these things had to happen. 

The Hollywood member cries out in pain as he strikes you.

Edited by Thalmor
oh no i r bad with computer
  • Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

2 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

You guys immediately formed a new sphere. You guys immediately declared a war for, apparently, no reason (as it stands now). Neither of these thing had to happen. 

The Hollywood member cries out in pain as he strikes you.

Forming one sphere is quite different from blobing 3 spheres (so far) together to fight one sphere. I'm sure you know this and are just doing what KT does.

2 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Don't go back on the Knightfall peace-terms which you alliance agreed to. People can use GOB if they want without correction. ;,p 

I was describing my state of mind.

But, if CoS is defunct, do their terms still live on?

8 hours ago, Emperor Adam said:

As for "We aren't hard to best because we've lost". No. Your allies did. Grumpy, as I've mentioned multiple times, usually comes out with a couple scratches. Your allies are the ones that decide whether you as a coalition lose. 

My literal ZI begs to differ.

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

3 hours ago, Sphinx said:

CoS is welcome to challenge it.  But seeing as we beat them into the ground and they called it a day, the term is no longer valid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

49 minutes ago, Cooper_ said:

The integrity here is upholding principles that nobody else would.  We knew that going into this we'd get a lot of backlash, but this was the fairest war in terms of tiering in years and responded to meta concerns that we thought were important.  I expected a coalition to form in response to this war.  I didn't think people would illegitimately no-cb into a dogpile for entirely hypocritical reasons.  It kinda does suck that all of the minisphere and dynamism rhetoric, especially out of Oasis, was just a political prop but also to be expected.

We got rolled for having secret treaties, and it is still my impression that a rolling is the proper meta consequence to abusing the meta with a secret treaty.  That is our honor that we recovered after KF, and the honor we're acting on now.  But TKR was more than willing to accept a potential rolling down the road to make sure that we saw this righted.

Our honor is also why we get continually rolled for putting up with principles that other spheres just like to represent as narratives only when it supports their objectives.  I'm ok with that because at the end of the day, I go to sleep knowing that we did the right thing.  We don't do secret treaties, we mix up our ties and explore options (including y'all for a long period of time), and we constantly balance our interests with that of the meta.  And most importantly the TKR community knows this--if you're ever wondering why we never quit. 

Journey before destination, my friend.

Lot of words to not address what I actually said. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kiloist II said:

Lot of words to not address what I actually said. 

“I expected a coalition to form in response to this war. I didn’t think people would illegitimately no-Cb into a dog pile for entirely hypocritical reasons” 

“TKR was more than willing to accept a potential rolling down the road to make sure that we saw this righted” 

quoting Cooper here which is something I hate to do but hopefully this helped you out bud.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kiloist II said:

This “secret” rhetoric is hilarious to me. There’s a great deal of irony here. However, that’s a talk for another day. You say “we” as if you’ve been in TKR long enough to have gone through one. You didn’t complain when you were on the giving end of one to them. In fact you laughed the entire time. 

Complaining of dogpiles is hilarious, TKR was well aware of what would happen if they did this. Stop trying to play innocent it’s unbecoming of an alliance that claims to be upholders of honor, respect, and integrity.

I didn’t agree with what we did in Duck Hunt, bud. Maybe early on. Towards the end after I talked to people and learned the bigger picture I had a change in heart about it. I didn’t really publish my opinion to you guys cuz it seemed unimportant then and if I’m being honest I shouldn’t be saying anything on secret arrangements when I haven’t seen proof. But my problem with oasis and the Scooby gang is that they claim that their issue is the high tier consolidation. TKR didn’t bring anything to the table for high tier. All the high tier existed in hedge. TI and TFP had no issue with hedge when it was time for the tCW rolling or Duck Hunt. Now all the sudden it’s an issue. 

• Upvote 1

They're too stupid to realize the FA consequences of a paperless treaty bandwagon into a dogpile. They're mostly allowed to exist (after having NPO's hand up their ass during Dial Up), because apparently Rose has never cared about the PR backlash of having them as meatshield.

As stated before, this approach only leads, in the event of a perceived future threat, to any other parties like t$ sphere joining forces with the outnumbered set of alliances, thus resulting in the return to a bipolar world, which is the worst, most stagnation prone scenario.

Better start sucking up to t$, Rose. Even with their sphere + our coalition we'd still be outnumbered vs yours, but y'all know full well you're surrounded by garbage, whereas the aforementioned parties have much more quality. Hopefully this doesn't end up biting you in the ass.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Hodor said:

I disagree. I have only been in Grumpy for 250 days. In that time I've added 4-5 cities because of no taxes, no interest loans, and a culture which values growth. Much of Grumpy came from somewhere else and they weren't all whales when they arrived. They've become big because it's one of the priorities of the AA and it's what draws certain individuals to it. Other AAs could imitate this and grow, it's just not their model. Nations aren't created as whales, they become whales because of choices and priorities.

I'd also like to note that Grumpy fights quite a bit more than your average alliance as well. For instance, here is the to 10 alliances with their wars/member:

1. Rose - 83 wars

2. TKR - 148 wars

3. t$ - 133 wars

4. TI - 95 wars

5. TFP - 59 wars

6, Cam - 60 wars

7. Grumpy - 210 wars

8. Eclipse - 109 wars

9. Guardian - 102 wars

10. The Order - 74 wars

I mean, that's pretty glaring, no?

I mean, if you look back far enough you'll see I never held that against NPO. It truly was the only way to flip damages for them. It is a tool for those who can't manage to do what I've outline above though.

Boi no shit I know the meta, join a smaller fricking sphere to look like you're getting bullied if you get attacked while having big ass nations congregate at the top. Which is why I thought this shit was questionable cuz now the target on your asses. Got bored? Painting a different narrative now?

@Cooper_ and whoever the !@#$ was !@#$ing can get !@#$ed because they know what the !@#$ going on. Congregating the top and shit. Shut the !@#$ up lmfao you know what time it is. Just keep !@#$ slapping the top nations of @Lord Tyrion's and @King Arthur's !@#$ made alliances. I want them to continue this "wE oNlY aVeRagE 12 CiTieS" horseshit lmfao.

• Like 1
Lxr4VfE.png

3 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

These weak ass players like @Lord Tyrion and @King Arthur only lead their alliances to fricking fund the top end of their alliances.

They can get !@#$ed too and eat shit lmfao

The big bois they create can get perenially rolled for all we fricking care. !@#$ing about “bUt wE oNlY AvErAgE 12 CiTiEs” incompetent head ass

Really?

I was in TI for months, and idk if I was on an especially bad program but the top grant was around $45m. Yes, there was a reduced tax rate for over 20 cities, but that's rather common among alliances. Neither TI nor Camelot have a large collection of whales with significantly higher city counts, although they do have a few large nations. So to focus on TI, because I'm less familiar with Camelot, who are the top tier that they apparently exist to fund? The two highest city count nations, excluding Tyrion, joined TI with those city counts or very similar ones. The same is true if you look at the rest of their highest tier. 

If they're led with the objective of funding the top tier, they're doing a piss-poor job of it.

2 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

Boi no shit I know the meta, join a smaller fricking sphere to look like you're getting bullied if you get attacked while having big ass nations congregate at the top. Which is why I thought this shit was questionable cuz now the target on your asses. Got bored? Painting a different narrative now?

@Cooper_ and whoever the !@#$ was !@#$ing can get !@#$ed because they know what the !@#$ going on. Congregating the top and shit. Shut the !@#$ up lmfao you know what time it is. Just keep !@#$ slapping the top nations of @Lord Tyrion's and @King Arthur's !@#$ made alliances. I want them to continue this "wE oNlY aVeRagE 12 CiTieS" horseshit lmfao.

Blood Pressure Treatment Blog: Kaboom! It's Exploding Head ...

Celer Et Audax

9 hours ago, namukara said:

Really?

I was in TI for months, and idk if I was on an especially bad program but the top grant was around $45m. Yes, there was a reduced tax rate for over 20 cities, but that's rather common among alliances. Neither TI nor Camelot have a large collection of whales with significantly higher city counts, although they do have a few large nations. So to focus on TI, because I'm less familiar with Camelot, who are the top tier that they apparently exist to fund? The two highest city count nations, excluding Tyrion, joined TI with those city counts or very similar ones. The same is true if you look at the rest of their highest tier. 

If they're led with the objective of funding the top tier, they're doing a piss-poor job of it.

>Tyrion joined TI with 40 cities

God !@#$ me jesus christ ok whatever you believe that lmao