Don't Go Breaking My Heart (DoW)

Nacho

3 hours ago, Lord Vader said:

> Oasis: Made up of TI and TFP, who dogpiled tCW (by teaming up with Hedge, might I add), then dogpiled TCM (when it literally would've taken only one alliance), then dogpiled Quack (allthough - understandably - in defense of an ally).
> TKR Sphere: Made up of TKR, who was voted most honorable alliance and was willing to create Chaos (essentially the "original" minisphere) and stand being dogpiled for months;
> Rose Sphere: Manipulates people, well known to have other people fight their battles, admits to secret treaties
> Hedge: Intentionally was the smallest sphere for quite some time, enjoys fighting, doesn't try to "dominate" despite being arguably the most competent sphere in the game

And what do we get?
HeDgE mAn BaD, oRaNgE mAn/WoMaN bad.
I might just be stupid, but can someone help me understand here?

Oasis also dogpiled KT and then ended up losing more in damages lmao.

5 hours ago, Lord Tyrion said:

To state this once - there was no treaty with Rose.  We entered because we feel it is in our best interest and security to join.  We have been working towards multispheres for a very long time in TI/TFP.  We left Swamp to downsize, we spun off Delta to downsize, we spun off Mystery Inc to downsize - and led to the creation of a game with many more blocs, which adds more dynamic and fun gameplay.  The moves were all made towards a future of multispheres and most of the game seemed on board with that and following suit.  We've invested a lot of time and effort into getting to this point.  The creation of a sphere that has 6 of the top 12 alliances (50%), including the largest and strongest alliances, is a direct contradiction to what we've been working to accomplish.  HM just finished wiping Delta, TKR just got done wiping Swamp - and they together are now wanting to wipe Rose.  We're not going to wait and hope they don't decide we're next.  We are standing up to what we believe the game needs to be.  Those that want to point at Oasis numbers/members are being disingenuous, as half of our members are sub C12.  This sphere of 50% of the game's top alliances is appalling and was completely unnecessary.  

Da !@#$ u on boi?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Lxr4VfE.png

7 hours ago, Lord Tyrion said:

To state this once - there was no treaty with Rose.  We entered because we feel it is in our best interest and security to join.  We have been working towards multispheres for a very long time in TI/TFP.  We left Swamp to downsize, we spun off Delta to downsize, we spun off Mystery Inc to downsize - and led to the creation of a game with many more blocs, which adds more dynamic and fun gameplay.  The moves were all made towards a future of multispheres and most of the game seemed on board with that and following suit.  We've invested a lot of time and effort into getting to this point.  The creation of a sphere that has 6 of the top 12 alliances (50%), including the largest and strongest alliances, is a direct contradiction to what we've been working to accomplish.  HM just finished wiping Delta, TKR just got done wiping Swamp - and they together are now wanting to wipe Rose.  We're not going to wait and hope they don't decide we're next.  We are standing up to what we believe the game needs to be.  Those that want to point at Oasis numbers/members are being disingenuous, as half of our members are sub C12.  This sphere of 50% of the game's top alliances is appalling and was completely unnecessary.  

Well, ya know.  It’s TKR’s way.    Anyone who isn’t part of their false narrative machine knows they have a long, long history of dog piles, paranoia, hegemonic ties, and igniting trillion dollar globals.   They’ve started the last 3 major conflicts in the game.   Started Dial Up too.  I’d rather risk going down swinging vs waiting for Hollywood Money to come after us once everyone else is already wiped out.   Rose as an entity had nothing to do with our decision.  These people are all smart enough to know that unless they live in a hole.   

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lord Tyrion said:

You ditched Swamp (solid move) and Camelot ditched you. Don't try to put yourself up on the cross for PnW because you did some actual FA a couple times. Your no-cb hit on us, combined with your efforts to spin us into "the new hegemony" despite the facts and the data being shown, clearly shows this is a self-interested realpolitik move.

Good for you, you did a Politick. Don't try to spin it into your hero's tale though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Roberts said:

You ditched Swamp (solid move) and Camelot ditched you. Don't try to put yourself up on the cross for PnW because you did some actual FA a couple times. Your no-cb hit on us, combined with your efforts to spin us into "the new hegemony" despite the facts and the data being shown, clearly shows this is a self-interested realpolitik move.

Good for you, you did a Politick. Don't try to spin it into your hero's tale though.

I don't recall you being in our discussions with Camelot and that being our plan the entire time, which we let the other spheres know about day one.  Next time speak up when you're in those chats with us.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lord Tyrion said:

I don't recall you being in our discussions with Camelot and that being our plan the entire time, which we let the other spheres know about day one.  Next time speak up when you're in those chats with us.  

Way to dodge, per usual. 😎 

Next time speak up with some content.

Just now, Roberts said:

Way to dodge, per usual. 😎 

Next time speak up with some content.

I explained my position in my original post.  Do I need to write the same thing out to you again?  And I never used the word hegemony, that was your own projecting.

Just now, Lord Tyrion said:

I explained my position in my original post.  Do I need to write the same thing out to you again?  And I never used the word hegemony, that was your own projecting.

I'm well aware of how careful you are not to ever directly implicate yourself in anything. Unfortunately, that's not how accountability works on a team. When James and the team are running around to anyone who will listen telling the tale of the new hegemony "EMC 2.0" when the reality is our new sphere is a competitively-sized group, you're still part of that narrative.

Spinning is still spinning in 2021, even if you have other people do it for you.

5 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I'm well aware of how careful you are not to ever directly implicate yourself in anything. Unfortunately, that's not how accountability works on a team. When James and the team are running around to anyone who will listen telling the tale of the new hegemony "EMC 2.0" when the reality is our new sphere is a competitively-sized group, you're still part of that narrative.

Spinning is still spinning in 2021, even if you have other people do it for you.

I've yet to see anybody not involved in Hollywood come out and say "oh cool, this is good for the game".  It's basically the entire rest of the game that feels the same way about this.  How you all want to justify 6 of the top 12 alliances together and put your blinders on about the politics of that, that's on you.  I don't need to craft a narrative, they have already firmly established it through action.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Tyrion said:

I've yet to see anybody not involved in Hollywood come out and say "oh cool, this is good for the game".  It's basically the entire rest of the game that feels the same way about this.  How you all want to justify 6 of the top 12 alliances together and put your blinders on about the politics of that, that's on you.  I don't need to craft a narrative, they have already firmly established it through action.

I see you've been watching US politics the past four years. "Everyone is saying it!" Solid evidence, solid argument.

The reason it's a narrative is precisely because you are crafting it. "6 out of the top 12" ?

How about your 2 out of the top 5, compared to our 1/5? Or your 3 out of the top 6, compared to our 1/6 (until recently)? It's a bad metric, alongside a series of bad metrics that you and your team keep pulling from a hat to point at and stir up controversy. 

We're a competitively-sized sphere and that offends the other two competitively-sized spheres.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Latsu said:

Yes forum votes when the forums are and were majority TKR/Quack at the time definitely carry weight, ok North Korea very democratic.

Conveniently ignored HM during the rolling segment of your message, remember when they asked a bloc with an average memeber size of around 9 cities for 2.5bil reps? Obv a pillar of morality and fair play.

Tell me how long that war lasted. Also, pray tell, how much in reps did they pay? The Johnsons were extremely aggressive in the negotiation gc (as well as in other mediums) and also were trying to get peace on day 1. We didn’t want to peace out day 1, but also knew we weren’t going to drag the war out. We put out a number because they asked “what it would take”. For the first day of war, that was our number. I also let Dave know in private that no money was actually expected. I also originally extended our hand to help with whatever they needed going forward (help with image/advice/etc). So stop with this faux outrage of “how Johnsons were treated”. It’s a bullshit narrative.

With that said, if you omit Oasis’s garbage narrative - this is a decent political move by Tyrion & Friends. Do something to appear that you’re no longer in Rose’s pocket, snag a better narrative and it would arguably be one of the better moves of 2021.

Edited by Kevanovia
  • Upvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

7 hours ago, Arln Nen said:

Preempting an attack that was never going to happen. I was with Swamp in Duck Hunt. We had a valid CB since TCW, our direct ally was attacked. I'm fairly certain everyone in Hollywood is aware of this. Rose was the one with nothing to go on and refusing to give quack a valid CB the entire war. 

You're pretty sure TKR and friends are aware there was a valid CB for Swamp? Are you sure you're thinking about the same disingenuous chodes I am? We all remember the salt fest on the forums, ignoring it doesn't change reality.

3 hours ago, WarriorSoul said:

I can't imagine being this mad online all the time. How are you not just so tired?

Don't worry someone already cried to our FA that I mentioned her, I won't speak of the golden idol again you guys.

And really? Can't be mad on the forums? Let me go back and forth with an old friend like Vader for a little. Also, sorry we didn't let this place become an evhochamber for you all to pat eachother on the back in. I know it must be tragic to see folks defend themselves publically.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Latsu said:

You're pretty sure TKR and friends are aware there was a valid CB for Swamp? Are you sure you're thinking about the same disingenuous chodes I am? We all remember the salt fest on the forums, ignoring it doesn't change reality.

Nor does it change that you can't read apparently. Yes, we're aware of why Swamp entered the last conflict. The "salt fest" was over Rose's entry and the secret treaty between Swamp and Rose, which was confirmed multiple times. That was very consistent all throughout last war. Ignoring that doesn't change reality either ;)

3 minutes ago, Latsu said:

Don't worry someone already cried to our FA that I mentioned her, I won't speak of the golden idol again you guys.

🙄

Edited by Adrienne
  • Like 1

BrOQBND.jpg

12 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

Tell me how long that war lasted. Also, pray tell, how much in reps did they pay? The Johnsons were extremely aggressive in the negotiation gc (as well as in other mediums) and also were trying to get peace on day 1. We didn’t want to peace out day 1, but also knew we weren’t going to drag the war out. We put out a number because they asked “what it would take”. For the first day of war, that was our number. I also let Dave know in private that no money was actually expected. I also originally extended our hand to help with whatever they needed going forward (help with image/advice/etc). So stop with this faux outrage of “how Johnsons were treated”. It’s a bullshit narrative.

With that said, if you omit Oasis’s garbage narrative - this is a decent political move by Tyrion & Friends. Do something to appear that you’re no longer in Rose’s pocket, snag a better narrative and it would arguably be one of the better moves of 2021.

Denial is a hell of a drug isn't it, it's ok if you want to be the bad guys, just own that buddy.

Must be nice being able to reply to folks knowing they can't reply back

54 minutes ago, Cooper_ said:

Delta started the conflict with HM,

I really don't think so. Oblivion was quite funny with its thread over in Orbis Central, but speaking as an FA member of Delta we were told that Oblivion had no interest in peace talks, so we were essentially forced to go to war with them to uphold our reputation as defending each other. Since Oblivion was part of HM, they then attacked us. I'm happy we were able to work out a peace resolution fairly quickly, because our upper tier (and for Delta, even I'm upper tier) was getting seriously hurt, but it doesn't change the fact that it's clearly a war we never wanted.