Don't Go Breaking My Heart (DoW)

Nacho

33 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

[snip] Yes, we're aware of why Swamp entered the last conflict. The "salt fest" was over Rose's entry and the secret treaty between Swamp and Rose, which was confirmed multiple times. That was very consistent all throughout last war. Ignoring that doesn't change reality either ;)

🙄

There was indeed a defensive treaty because many Blocs, including HM (note that part) felt that Quack was getting too big and aggressive. Ronny's HM specifically stated that he wouldn't want to attack (and, by extension, counter) Quack unless Rose was a part of the treaty and low and behold Rose did enter the treaty. As to secretive, I think it was secretive in the same sense that your attack on Rose now was secretive- something you may have been considering but didn't actually agree on doing until shortly before you actually attacked them. As mentioned elsewhere, I think it's rather sad that HM, far from being grateful for the defense, seems to be holding it against them. Or maybe they just wanted another war, and if it was one of their former defenders, oh well?

Edited by Phoenyx

38 minutes ago, Latsu said:

Don't worry someone already cried to our FA that I mentioned her, I won't speak of the golden idol again you guys.

And really? Can't be mad on the forums? Let me go back and forth with an old friend like Vader for a little. Also, sorry we didn't let this place become an evhochamber for you all to pat eachother on the back in. I know it must be tragic to see folks defend themselves publically.

lmao as if i would ever try and fight adri's battles for her. all i said was that you were super mad online and you responded fairly predictably!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Latsu said:

Denial is a hell of a drug isn't it, it's ok if you want to be the bad guys, just own that buddy.

Must be nice being able to reply to folks knowing they can't reply back

Out of curiosity, are you just putting a hodgepodge of words together and hoping that you sound coherent with them?

Not actually acknowledging what you’re quoting and spouting out random buzz words is a solid strategy. It has worked wonders for lots of people over the years. From Inst to Noctis. Keep on keeping on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

1 hour ago, Cooper_ said:

In what way was there a security reason?  We've been nothing but nice to y'all, and I know that Ben has gone way out of his way to appease you guys despite what happened during Duck Hunt.  We had no reason to hit you given that the reason we're hitting Rose is unique to Rose and quite obvious: the secret treaties that only they activated and had lectured us before about during KF. 

I'd be interested to see the evidence of the threat TKR posed to TI.  Iirc we were quite forward and trusting to y'all with our OPSEC, including our breakup plans and war intentions.  I don't see how an enemy-aligned sphere would do any of what we did with y'all.  Same story with TFP who has known us for even longer. 

There is no security interest besides what looks like a way to break meta norms and interfere in another war to damage another sphere. 

Having been in what was still the only real minisphere up to this point--chaos--y'all have not once made a minisphere.  You do the same process, rinse and repeat, of creating a sphere and then filling it with tons of treaties that routinely makes you the largest bloc.  Just because you recycle and renew treaties with various alliances, that doesn't make you moving towards minispheres.  Despite all of your moves, you're essentially in a similar position as before give how other spheres have downsized too.  Hollywood relative to Quack is quite similar in ratio to this version of Oasis to what it was pre-Mystery split. 

We can cut the grandstanding here because y'all haven't done anything more than anyone else.  In fact, the only wars you have been in are dogpiles in your favor including the use of secret treaties, which does more damage for the meta than Quack, Oasis, or any largest sphere could ever do.  Now, you enter into an unrelated war with no legitimate CB, and ironically 1.6:1 in your favor is the closest war in your alliance's history post-NPOLT.  It's a bit ridiculous at this point, and you don't have legs to stand on to criticize others. 

And those others are doing something extremely dynamic for the game by choosing to work with what they considered to be their enemies just a month ago.  We're the ones who have created new politics and changed up relationships.  We expected things to change and for people to react.  That's because we formed Hollywood (who ftr is not the largest sphere nor really uncontested in the upper tier).  I can't say the same for Oasis.

This sounds a bit like cherrypicking.  I posted a tiering chart in one of my previous posts.  We are significantly smaller in both nations and city counts than other spheres.  At the C30+ range, we have 52, syndi has 47, and Rose has 45.  I'd also point out that our alliance rankings would be lower if y'all didn't choose hide score in training alliances with members that we keep on the main AA.  This is entirely disingenuous, and any somewhat objective viewpoint will tell you that Hollywood is a significant downsize from Quack and Oasis as well as not even close to the largest threat.

Delta started the conflict with HM, Swamp gave out a free CB with intentions to hit our ally, TO, and Rose had made the worst FA move in years during Duck Hunt.  The rationales for each conflict are clear.  It doesn't seem like we're going around picking spheres at random.  This is a moot point, and there's no call to action for a sphere simply responding to the politics in front of it and acting normally.

If you do actually believe in multipolar worlds, I'd suggest that making it seem like y'all have a secret treaty or at least a relationship that acts like an effective secret treaty isn't that.  No FA team who is concerned for the meta would even consider such a move because they'd know that if even if there intentions were in the right place, it'd be seen as something else.  That doesn't even begin to touch on how wrong both narratives you present about Delta and Hollywood's size.

I feel like we're missing the context of clear CBs for all of these wars.  Sphinx leaked twice and then we had Swamp leaks.  I suppose we could've let TcW and BK roll us during rebuild after Surf's Up, or just waited a few months to get rolled even harder during Duck Hunt, or let TLE try to hit our closest ally...  This is just such a silly post that I can't take it seriously.  If you're actually being straight-up here, next time TKR won't sit 9 months with you fighting NPO because it's the "TKR way."

I'd suggest running tiering and sphere comparisons and looking at political context before throwing out that we're such a threat to y'all or that we're heading your way.  We've been more than responsive with your leadership about our intentions not to mention that our tiering is not at all conducive to hitting you effectively unless you consider Tyrion's single nation to be your sphere.

Solid Wall of Text. Well done. I think that's the first I've seen for this war.

Edited by Roberts
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Lord Tyrion said:

We left Swamp to downsize, we spun off Delta to downsize, we spun off Mystery Inc to downsize

Uhh... Didn't you and TFP get booted from Swamp? xD

Me watching everyone ignore Cooper's actual facts and logic to cry buzzwords like Hegemony and dogpile. 

:popcorn:

• Upvote 5

big_morph-sig.jpg.dc5493086dfd6fa978316880fe6a6c62.jpg

The Knights Radiant 
Ghostblood Babsk of Foreign Affairs

Journey before Destination.

1 hour ago, Cooper_ said:

In what way was there a security reason?  We've been nothing but nice to y'all, and I know that Ben has gone way out of his way to appease you guys despite what happened during Duck Hunt.  We had no reason to hit you given that the reason we're hitting Rose is unique to Rose and quite obvious: the secret treaties that only they activated and had lectured us before about during KF. 

I'd be interested to see the evidence of the threat TKR posed to TI.  Iirc we were quite forward and trusting to y'all with our OPSEC, including our breakup plans and war intentions.  I don't see how an enemy-aligned sphere would do any of what we did with y'all.  Same story with TFP who has known us for even longer. 

There is no security interest besides what looks like a way to break meta norms and interfere in another war to damage another sphere. 

Having been in what was still the only real minisphere up to this point--chaos--y'all have not once made a minisphere.  You do the same process, rinse and repeat, of creating a sphere and then filling it with tons of treaties that routinely makes you the largest bloc.  Just because you recycle and renew treaties with various alliances, that doesn't make you moving towards minispheres.  Despite all of your moves, you're essentially in a similar position as before give how other spheres have downsized too.  Hollywood relative to Quack is quite similar in ratio to this version of Oasis to what it was pre-Mystery split. 

We can cut the grandstanding here because y'all haven't done anything more than anyone else.  In fact, the only wars you have been in are dogpiles in your favor including the use of secret treaties, which does more damage for the meta than Quack, Oasis, or any largest sphere could ever do.  Now, you enter into an unrelated war with no legitimate CB, and ironically 1.6:1 in your favor is the closest war in your alliance's history post-NPOLT.  It's a bit ridiculous at this point, and you don't have legs to stand on to criticize others. 

And those others are doing something extremely dynamic for the game by choosing to work with what they considered to be their enemies just a month ago.  We're the ones who have created new politics and changed up relationships.  We expected things to change and for people to react.  That's because we formed Hollywood (who ftr is not the largest sphere nor really uncontested in the upper tier).  I can't say the same for Oasis.

This sounds a bit like cherrypicking.  I posted a tiering chart in one of my previous posts.  We are significantly smaller in both nations and city counts than other spheres.  At the C30+ range, we have 52, syndi has 47, and Rose has 45.  I'd also point out that our alliance rankings would be lower if y'all didn't choose hide score in training alliances with members that we keep on the main AA.  This is entirely disingenuous, and any somewhat objective viewpoint will tell you that Hollywood is a significant downsize from Quack and Oasis as well as not even close to the largest threat.

Delta started the conflict with HM, Swamp gave out a free CB with intentions to hit our ally, TO, and Rose had made the worst FA move in years during Duck Hunt.  The rationales for each conflict are clear.  It doesn't seem like we're going around picking spheres at random.  This is a moot point, and there's no call to action for a sphere simply responding to the politics in front of it and acting normally.

If you do actually believe in multipolar worlds, I'd suggest that making it seem like y'all have a secret treaty or at least a relationship that acts like an effective secret treaty isn't that.  No FA team who is concerned for the meta would even consider such a move because they'd know that if even if there intentions were in the right place, it'd be seen as something else.  That doesn't even begin to touch on how wrong both narratives you present about Delta and Hollywood's size.

I feel like we're missing the context of clear CBs for all of these wars.  Sphinx leaked twice and then we had Swamp leaks.  I suppose we could've let TcW and BK roll us during rebuild after Surf's Up, or just waited a few months to get rolled even harder during Duck Hunt, or let TLE try to hit our closest ally...  This is just such a silly post that I can't take it seriously.  If you're actually being straight-up here, next time TKR won't sit 9 months with you fighting NPO because it's the "TKR way."

I'd suggest running tiering and sphere comparisons and looking at political context before throwing out that we're such a threat to y'all or that we're heading your way.  We've been more than responsive with your leadership about our intentions not to mention that our tiering is not at all conducive to hitting you effectively unless you consider Tyrion's single nation to be your sphere.

I’m not fancy enough to manage the breakup thing you can do so sorry for how jumbled this is going to be.

Is this a serious question, though?   From the moment the last war ended hedge has done nothing but dump on us and call us the emerging hegemony meanwhile doing their best to horde the upper tier with grumpy guardian and oblivion, and to then have that sphere, which the rumors started reaching us not long after that, kicking Delta in the face was some sort of attempt to draw us into a fight.    Where is the security threat in TKR who gave the appearance of wanting to downsize blocs, like we did, immediately joining up with a bunch of AAs that are looking for a reason to hit us?    Damn, dude, I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♂️    I guess we should just assume you have our best intentions in mind while continuing to build a huge sphere.  

I also really like how you guys fall back on Chaos constantly too.   Wow, that one time years ago, you did a mini sphere!    Sick!    You know what TKR did before and after that?   Make really huge spheres :o!  Shocking I know!   

And again with the member numbers.  Still trying to have your cake and eat it.  We’re a horde of useless small nations until it benefits someone to cite it as a ‘city advantage’ or comparing member numbers.   It really must be nice to just never be wrong I guess?   Cause that’s all this is.  

The narrative you’re pushing that Delta started the fight is...just a straight up lie?   Seriously....oblivion started the entire thing.   But Delta was the aggressive party?   Man what are you guys smoking over there?   Trying to rewrite history that’s 3 weeks old...

• Haha 2

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

1 minute ago, Dr James Wilson said:

And again with the member numbers.  Still trying to have your cake and eat it.  We’re a horde of useless small nations until it benefits someone to cite it as a ‘city advantage’ or comparing member numbers.   It really must be nice to just never be wrong I guess?   Cause that’s all this is.  

Tbh the "useless small nations" is sorta your fault. Enforce bigger militaries, teach your newbs how to fight, and maybe you won't have that reputation anymore.

Honestly Rose FA sucks and their sphere is even worse. Has the stench of a downward spiral. Put them out of their misery.

Hollywood man good.

We’ve killed the stagnation between the Crusades, Swamp, and now Rose.

Maim.Kill.Burn.

Only the strong belong in the big boy FA range.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, WonkerBonker said:

Tbh the "useless small nations" is sorta your fault. Enforce bigger militaries, teach your newbs how to fight, and maybe you won't have that reputation anymore.

You don’t seem to understand.   That’s not our reputation right now according to cooper and co.   We’re the big bad oasis with Uber-city numbers.   The potential!    Ohhhhh the potential!

because we recruit noobs more heavily then anyone else, It’s not like those small nations have been in our AA for months and months.  They’re new players.

• Upvote 4

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

Nice to see rose still can't fight without a million allies. Somethings never change. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, BigMorf said:

Me watching everyone ignore Cooper's actual facts and logic to cry buzzwords like Hegemony and dogpile. 

:popcorn:

Groundhog Day comes to mind 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

Is this a serious question, though?   From the moment the last war ended hedge has done nothing but dump on us and call us the emerging hegemony meanwhile doing their best to horde the upper tier with grumpy guardian and oblivion, and to then have that sphere, which the rumors started reaching us not long after that, kicking Delta in the face was some sort of attempt to draw us into a fight

Are you free tonight? Because damn that was hot

• Haha 4

thalmorcommie.png

1 hour ago, WonkerBonker said:

Uhh... Didn't you and TFP get booted from Swamp? xD

No, TI+TFP Left, Swamp "Kicking" them out is similar to saying "You cant quit! You're fired!"

• Haha 3

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

1 hour ago, Emperor Adam said:

Are you free tonight? Because damn that was hot

Yeah, hot garbage.

I guess it shouldn’t surprise me that that is your target market.

2 hours ago, Dr James Wilson said:

I’m not fancy enough to manage the breakup thing you can do so sorry for how jumbled this is going to be.

Is this a serious question, though?   From the moment the last war ended hedge has done nothing but dump on us and call us the emerging hegemony meanwhile doing their best to horde the upper tier with grumpy guardian and oblivion, and to then have that sphere, which the rumors started reaching us not long after that, kicking Delta in the face was some sort of attempt to draw us into a fight.    Where is the security threat in TKR who gave the appearance of wanting to downsize blocs, like we did, immediately joining up with a bunch of AAs that are looking for a reason to hit us?    Damn, dude, I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♂️    I guess we should just assume you have our best intentions in mind while continuing to build a huge sphere.  

I also really like how you guys fall back on Chaos constantly too.   Wow, that one time years ago, you did a mini sphere!    Sick!    You know what TKR did before and after that?   Make really huge spheres :o!  Shocking I know!   

The narrative you’re pushing that Delta started the fight is...just a straight up lie?   Seriously....oblivion started the entire thing.   But Delta was the aggressive party?   Man what are you guys smoking over there?   Trying to rewrite history that’s 3 weeks old...

When did Hedge call you the emerging Hegemony? I don’t think anyone believes that Oasis had the capability to be a hegemony, regardless of size.

I can also tell you that the Delta situation had nothing to do with Oasis, other than the fact that they used to be a part of Oasis. Why would responding to their hit draw you in? Unless you are saying you had a backroom agreement with them as well?

Lefty made a few fun pokes about Oasis on a radio show that was also addressed with you guys in our embassy, so I really don’t see why you think Hedge had it out for you.

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

25 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

Yeah, hot garbage.

I guess it shouldn’t surprise me that that is your target market.

When did Hedge call you the emerging Hegemony? I don’t think anyone believes that Oasis had the capability to be a hegemony, regardless of size.

I can also tell you that the Delta situation had nothing to do with Oasis, other than the fact that they used to be a part of Oasis. Why would responding to their hit draw you in? Unless you are saying you had a backroom agreement with them as well?

Lefty made a few fun pokes about Oasis on a radio show that was also addressed with you guys in our embassy, so I really don’t see why you think Hedge had it out for you.

Hedge man bad. 
TKR man bad. 
Oasis man bad. 
Syndi man bad. 
Delta man bad. 
Mystery inc man bad. 
Rose man bad. 

Edited by Alexio15
Forgot Rose
  • Haha 3

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

1 minute ago, Alexio15 said:

Hedge man bad. 
TKR man bad. 
Oasis man bad. 
Syndi man bad. 
Delta man bad. 
Mystery inc man bad. 

No rose man bad?

Is this confirmation that ampersand and mystery Inc are also rose puppet assets?

Join us next week to find out when we ASK ALEXIO! 😛

3 minutes ago, Alexio15 said:

Hedge man bad. 
TKR man bad. 
Oasis man bad. 
Syndi man bad. 
Delta man bad. 
Mystery inc man bad. 

Can you Ask Alexio to confirm this?

2 minutes ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

No rose man bad?

Is this confirmation that ampersand and mystery Inc are also rose puppet assets?

Join us next week to find out when we ASK ALEXIO! 😛

I honestly forgot Rose 😅😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

4 hours ago, Adrienne said:

Nor does it change that you can't read apparently. Yes, we're aware of why Swamp entered the last conflict. The "salt fest" was over Rose's entry and the secret treaty between Swamp and Rose, which was confirmed multiple times. That was very consistent all throughout last war. Ignoring that doesn't change reality either ;)

🙄

It appears you forgot to mention that HM was also in on the “secret treaty.” Ignoring that doesn’t change reality 😏

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Nice to see rose still can't fight without a million allies. Somethings never change. 

As far as I can see, Rose didn't ask Oasis for help, though I'd be surprised if they minded. Oasis did that for reasons that I think Tyrion and James have done and are doing their best to explain.