[Sphere/DoW] We're going to hollywood

The Titan

25 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Here's the thing- I don't think Oasis called their former Bloc mates. I also seriously doubt Rose called Oasis. No, I think what happened here is that those Blocs looked at what was playing out and decided something had to be done about it and did so. Tyrion never said "Rose called out for help", neither did Cam et al. No, both of them said they looked at what had happened and decided to act on their own. Now if someone from Rose or Oasis comes forward and says "Why yes, I -did- call Oasis/Cam/etc. to come help", I'll be the first to admit I was mistaken. But for now, Vice's last comment rung true to me, just tack on a further negation of any call outs...

I notice that Tyrion upvoted it too.

simping in public for a bloc and alliance that kicked yours to the curb. i simply would not be caught dead doing this

12 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Hey bud, glad you are active and posting again! You misunderstand why I personally, idk about my allies, really dislike Oasis. It is not because Oasis officially or directly asked for help with anyone; and it is not because we are getting attacked. It is that Oasis, the sphere constantly championing minispheres and fair wars, routinely ignores the things they say they are about. They want to be a "small" sphere but are composted of large alliances with large training alliances and protectorates, they also signed Cam and thought that was totally fine. They drop some protectorates who are militarily useless and sign Cam thinking that score alone is a fair trade. Cam then leaves shortly after and forms their own small bloc. You can't just point at a graph and say "See we are only the 2nd largest sphere now after Cam left!" "We dropped some beginner micros so we can totally sign this top 5 alliance!" and expect everyone to believe the crap you peddle about minispheres from that point on.

They complain about upper tier hegemony but their own tiering is also very consolidated and potent. They point out that we are so powerful and unbeatable but have alliances like UPN as a core member who despite being an ancient alliance are not very active or experienced in wars. They need to look at themselves if they expect change to happen at any level.

Then when another sphere merges into another suddenly that is a massive threat with no equal that they are obligated to break Orbis norms by interfering in another war, then call their former allies Cam into another dogpile which they are apparently opposed to. Oasis leadership are complete hypocrites and I'm tried of hearing their drivel on how the rest of the game should listen to them when they obviously don't care at all about the things they pretend to value. That is why I cannot stand Oasis. Anyways, again, keep posting Phoenyx since I like your style.

I haven't seen any evidence that Oasis asked any of their former Bloc mates even indirectly, but again, if you find any evidence that they did, I'd be interested in seeing it. But you repeatedly saying this is what happened isn't actually evidence that that's what happened.

Anyway, I think this isn't your main concern, so moving on- you say that Oasis "routinely ignores the things they say they are about", but I haven't seen any evidence of this. 

As to Oasis being composed of large Alliances, I would certainly agree they're not small, but I also think that they are one of the smaller fish in the big pond. I think that Quack really was the largest sphere and when that broke up, it seems like Hollywood replaced them in that category (with some of the same members too).

Anyway, thanks for the compliment at the end if it's sincere. I've all but given up on trying to figure out whether people are being sincere with me or not when they compliment me, so I figure that's a good compromise reaction wise. 

9 minutes ago, WarriorSoul said:

simping in public for a bloc and alliance that kicked yours to the curb. i simply would not be caught dead doing this

People who know me know that I am strongly loyal to principles rather than people. This has frequently landed me in hot water, -including- with Alliances and Blocs that I admire in some ways. As you may be aware, my first Alliance was The Fighting Pacifists, which is currently part of Oasis, but we had a disagreement and had to part ways. But just because I disagreed with them on -one- thing doesn't mean I have to disagree with them on everything, and when I think something makes sense, I say so. 

You don't see any evidence of them being full of crap even when they say they want mini spheres and fair wars but then go out and create one of the larger blocs in the game and join in on the bigger side of wars every chance they get. They talk the talk but can not walk the walk. I guess they are still in the crawling stage.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Angantyr said:

Something that the ancient  players haven't said yet (and I'll probably get in trouble for saying it out loud but idc) is that everyone has been bagging on about how evil IQ was for years now - and they're right.

What they failed to mention is that the remnants of IQ went to Cam. That is, everyone who didn't delete while under orders to delete. Seriously. All of them.

This is my fourth global against IQ. People can claim that they have the high ground until they are blue in the face, but it is just meaningless words on a screen. 

It doesn't matter what IQ rebrands itself into, IQ will always be IQ and they can blow the feigned moral high ground outrage out of their kazoo. Respectfully.

Personally, I believe that people can change. IQ was composed of people. It seems like the worst of them left the game. I've spoken to some in Cam that seem to be pretty reasonable. And the fact that Oasis let them into their sphere means a lot to me (I hold Immortals and TFP in fairly high regard despite our differences at times). 

3 hours ago, Who Me said:

You don't see any evidence of them being full of crap even when they say they want mini spheres and fair wars but then go out and create one of the larger blocs in the game and join in on the bigger side of wars every chance they get. They talk the talk but can not walk the walk. I guess they are still in the crawling stage.

Here's the thing. I honestly don't care -how- big a Bloc is if their CBs sound reasonable. Another thing, when Hollywood attacked Rose, they were clearly outnumbered in almost every tier, in many cases by quite a bit. Only by Oasis joining on their side did that imbalance get rectified (and even favoured the Rose/Oasis combo). And I imagine that Oasis is fully aware that the next war, Hollywood or its successor may decide to go for them, just as certain remnants of Quack decided to go for Rose for getting into the Leaky Faucet conflict. There's no guarantee that anyone will come to their aid if they get attacked by some larger sphere in the future. But they did it anyway, and after Tyrion's explanation, I think they made the right choice. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Mayor said:

War is going fine for me mate but thanks for the concern. I think you might be confusing me for New Oasis Order since Hollywood are outnumbered and the numbers are with Oasis.

That doesn’t change anything !@#$. Oblivion was so far up Rose’s ass, you guys were kissing @Redarmy

• Haha 2
Lxr4VfE.png

3 hours ago, Eumirbago said:

That doesn’t change anything !@#$. Oblivion was so far up Rose’s ass, you guys were kissing @Redarmy

Ockey5 is the best kisser in PnW. 

Miss you. 

Edited by Redarmy
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alexio15 said:

It’s amusing the amount of folk who bring up the fact Rose had no cb for last war. Knowing full well they was given a cb right in the build up to the war. Keep on keeping on. 

Nice way of saying Rose had a CB without actually saying what it was.  What was it again?

Celer Et Audax

2 minutes ago, Etat said:

Nice way of saying Rose had a CB without actually saying what it was.  What was it again?

I thought it was that Alexio leaked to Rose that tS was trying to get & and friends to hit Rose to keep them occupied and out of the war.  Which was why tS was giving Alexio so much shit during that war, because they were pissed that he betrayed them.

14 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I thought it was that Alexio leaked to Rose that tS was trying to get & and friends to hit Rose to keep them occupied and out of the war.  Which was why tS was giving Alexio so much shit during that war, because they were pissed that he betrayed them.

Indeed it was and that was their CB so Rose had one so we can drop that narrative now. 

• Upvote 1

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

16 minutes ago, Alexio15 said:

Indeed it was and that was their CB so Rose had one so we can drop that narrative now. 

Hi Alexio! Just here to correct you! Hope this doesn't ruin our business plans.

As much as I've been shitting on TKR-HM and their reasoning  behind this war, that's the one point they've had that was right.

T$ had confirmation long before you "gave them a cb" that Rose was joining. That's why Partisan pulled the hail mary. We figured y'all were the only ones we could trust, and given your countless attempts to get t$ to broadside Rose, you may be into the idea. Obviously that didn't go as planned.

Rose actually got some respect from me in regards to them not using your leak as their cb. They knew it'd be disingenuous and they'd rather be possibly in the wrong meta-wise than to try and spin some bs that we could shoot down immediately.

Rose's cb was the secret treaties they had made. The validity of that as a cb is up in the air, but don't pretend that even Rose could set up a counter blitz that fast. Rose was ready. War rooms made. Sheets planned. Targets assigned. All before you gave them anything.

They've got the self-respect and integrity not to spin this line - let them do their own FA, yeah?

Edited by Emperor Adam
Bad at grammar
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

thalmorcommie.png

On 5/23/2021 at 8:16 PM, Luna Moonfang said:

idk why everyone is so angry, so I'll just say what I came here to say.
Rose man bad. And we're going to rayyd you lmao

Thalmor was being held as the standard of reason? Ima get the popcorn to read this...

27 minutes ago, Emperor Adam said:

Hi Alexio! Just here to correct you! Hope this doesn't ruin our business plans.

As much as I've been shitting on TKR-HM and their reasoning  behind this war, that's the one point they've had that was right.

T$ had confirmation long before you "gave them a cb" that Rose was joining. That's why Partisan pulled the hail mary. We figured y'all were the only ones we could trust, and given your countless attempts to get t$ to broadside Rose, you may be into the idea. Obviously that didn't go as planned.

Rose actually got some respect from me in regards to them not using your leak as their cb. They knew it'd be disingenuous and they'd rather be possibly in the wrong meta-wise than to try and spin some bs that we could shoot down immediately.

Rose's cb was the secret treaties they had made. The validity of that as a cb is up in the air, but don't pretend that even Rose could set up a counter blitz that fast. Rose was ready. War rooms made. Sheets planned. Targets assigned. All before you gave them anything.

They've got the self-respect and integrity not to spin this line - let them do their own FA, yeah?

It doesn’t indeed, nor does it change what we discussed last night. However the fact remains they did have one which is the argument I was making, even if it is one they did not use. 

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

2 minutes ago, Alexio15 said:

It doesn’t indeed, nor does it change what we discussed last night. However the fact remains they did have one which is the argument I was making, even if it is one they did not use. 

They had already decided to hit us if we decided to breath in anyones direction. A retroactive CB is not valid. 

Which again, is why I actually respect them for not using it.

thalmorcommie.png

56 minutes ago, Emperor Adam said:

That's great, but Hedge had no plans or confirmed plans to actually attack you. 

Where as we have been planning to hit Rose for like a month now, we would have done it sooner but TKR got into a fight with Swamp, and HM got into a little tussle with those rascals in Delta.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

That's great, but Hedge had no plans or confirmed plans to actually attack you. 

Where as we have been planning to hit Rose for like a month now, we would have done it sooner but TKR got into a fight with Swamp, and HM got into a little tussle with those rascals in Delta.

I didn't mention hedge in any of my arguments.

Go lay down. It's past your bedtime.

thalmorcommie.png

20 hours ago, Mayor said:

Hey bud, glad you are active and posting again! You misunderstand why I personally, idk about my allies, really dislike Oasis. It is not because Oasis officially or directly asked for help with anyone; and it is not because we are getting attacked. It is that Oasis, the sphere constantly championing minispheres and fair wars, routinely ignores the things they say they are about. They want to be a "small" sphere but are composted of large alliances with large training alliances and protectorates, they also signed Cam and thought that was totally fine. They drop some protectorates who are militarily useless and sign Cam thinking that score alone is a fair trade. Cam then leaves shortly after and forms their own small bloc. You can't just point at a graph and say "See we are only the 2nd largest sphere now after Cam left!" "We dropped some beginner micros so we can totally sign this top 5 alliance!" and expect everyone to believe the crap you peddle about minispheres from that point on.

They complain about upper tier hegemony but their own tiering is also very consolidated and potent. They point out that we are so powerful and unbeatable but have alliances like UPN as a core member who despite being an ancient alliance are not very active or experienced in wars. They need to look at themselves if they expect change to happen at any level.

Then when another sphere merges into another suddenly that is a massive threat with no equal that they are obligated to break Orbis norms by interfering in another war, then call their former allies Cam into another dogpile which they are apparently opposed to. Oasis leadership are complete hypocrites and I'm tried of hearing their drivel on how the rest of the game should listen to them when they obviously don't care at all about the things they pretend to value. That is why I cannot stand Oasis. Anyways, again, keep posting Phoenyx since I like your style.

This is a good post. 

Oasis is peak "Do as we say, not as we do" kinda people. 

• Like 1

big_morph-sig.jpg.dc5493086dfd6fa978316880fe6a6c62.jpg

The Knights Radiant 
Ghostblood Babsk of Foreign Affairs

Journey before Destination.

5 hours ago, Emperor Adam said:

They had already decided to hit us if we decided to breath in anyones direction. A retroactive CB is not valid. 

Which again, is why I actually respect them for not using it.

I'm -guessing- that you're referring to the defensive treaty that I believe Swamp had initiated. If that's the case, it wasn't breathing they were concerned about, it was the possibility that Quack would slowly dominate all of Orbis. This was the same reason that HM joined it. 

Edited by Phoenyx

7 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

6 hours ago, Alexio15 said:

So you manufactured a CB for Rose to use?  Why?

6 hours ago, Emperor Adam said:

... and given your countless attempts to get t$ to broadside Rose, you may be into the idea. Obviously that didn't go as planned.

...Rose's cb was the secret treaties they had made. The validity of that as a cb is up in the air...
...Rose was ready. War rooms made. Sheets planned. Targets assigned. All before you gave them anything.

6 hours ago, Alexio15 said:

Which they didn't, but you seem to confirm they did have secret treaties and were milling up ready to hit us for some reason anyway.  So before they even hit us, we had a CB.

Furthermore, it is standard practice to position oneself to succeed either or both environmentally and with numbers prior to attacking.  This may occasionally mean sphere'ing up, but would rarely lead to an NPO like hegemon which everyone is raging about against TKR.  That would take another Roq and co which obviously Hollywood is not, the formation of which was clear...to roll Rose. 

To automatically call out this formation to be some sort of Orbis dominating hegemon is really just advertising your own issues with TKR (or whoever).  Collectively yours and our other opponents posts just cannot compete on a platform of historical and logical consistency, or verifiability for that matter.  However your arguments overwhelms all in salt, grudges, shady dealings and about-turns.

I can't say as your actions are worthy of much respect @Alexio15 though I'm sure you have your reasons like every true politician hahaha the crem floats to the top.

Good luck to all participants anyway, whoever your leaders are 😃 we will burn pixels at the behest of the few.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Celer Et Audax

Guest Zephyr
7 hours ago, WonkerBonker said:

Can someone count how many times people have called eachother babies, child, or infer that kinda thing in this thread? Thanks.

Let's have a look at all mentions of "baby", "child", and "kid"...

On 5/24/2021 at 8:12 AM, Krampus said:

Guns & Roses baby

On 5/24/2021 at 8:42 AM, MYC said:

404 Radiant children stole Chocolates from Knights of the Grumpy Order :awesome:

On 5/24/2021 at 1:17 PM, Dr James Wilson said:

Child please.   We have had a long history of friendly relations with TKR going back to our founding.   We figured after the quack and oasis downsizes this would lead to continued improvements in our relationship with them post war.   But this is not that.   This is just repeating history.   Those who fail to learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.  And that’s exactly what happened here.   

educate yourself.  

On 5/24/2021 at 6:54 PM, Avakael said:

What kind of nine dimensional poop smeared rubix cube do you have to have spinning in your zero knot balloon animal brain to call INH a child

On 5/24/2021 at 7:40 PM, Roberts said:

Without trying to be further dismissive, what exactly do you expect from a new sphere?

TKR and two other alliances isolate ourselves quietly in a corner? Grumpy to disband out of tier fairness?

A new sphere formed with similar score, size, and member count to multiple other spheres in the game. If anything, a new competitor just appeared to challenge the dominance of two already-mega-spheres. When these numbers don't fit, the narrative suddenly spins to "well you guys just left a big sphere which is why it's bad!" so, yeah. The hypocrisy and uneven scrutiny that Hollywood is receiving compared to Blackwater or Roasis certainly feels like this is more of a case of "TKR man bad" than anything with actual substance.

If this were actually a problematic sphere, you know I'd be right here agreeing with you. But instead I'm here to tear down narratives partly created out of a knee-jerk shock-reaction and partly created by the Oasis FA team who keeps calling everyone "child."

On 5/24/2021 at 11:32 PM, Dr James Wilson said:

It’s almost like you’re oblivious to the fact that I used the terms ‘love’ and child’ after Adrienne called me sweetheart and you retorted with another love.    You have some seriously hypocritical stances going on here.  

On 5/24/2021 at 11:36 PM, Roberts said:

You spent all last night calling Yang a child on discord as well. It just comes off as name-calling after a certain point but that's probably because your actual arguments are paper-thin.

On 5/24/2021 at 11:40 PM, Adrienne said:

I didn't mind, sweetcheeks. Child wasn't at me though, so unrelated to the sweetheart thing ;) 

On 5/24/2021 at 11:52 PM, Dr James Wilson said:

Really?    You’re going to bring that up?   A dude banned from the game, violating his ban by continuing to play ( @Alex might want to check that out by the way) screaming that I’m harassing him every time I respond to him?  Becuase he’s literally calling himself a child?

yea ok buddy !@#$ off with your bullshit.  

I didn’t say you were, just him :)

On 5/25/2021 at 5:41 AM, Gojira75 said:

Welcome to the Jungle, baby!

7 hours ago, WonkerBonker said:

Can someone count how many times people have called eachother babies, child, or infer that kinda thing in this thread? Thanks.

I only quickly searched those terms, but based on that it appears only Dr James Wilson is calling people a child while the other mentions seem to be responses about that usage.

On 5/23/2021 at 5:49 PM, Cooper_ said:

We are always proud to publicly announce all of our ties. 

My understanding is that transparency begets trust.

TKR leadership does love to omit important facts when spewing their BS to their members.

TKR had a 'secret treaty' with TS when I took over Pantheon my last go around, this hypocrisy and disingenuous FA is why a large part of the game felt they needed to get rolled in Knightfall.

Not that this is the worst example of TKR gov BSing their members/others, what they did to Kayser certainly tops this...

It's how TKR has been for a very long time, they are the bad guys.

On 5/23/2021 at 5:43 PM, Dr James Wilson said:

Wow.  I guess you really can’t trust a single fricking word that comes out of TKR’s mouth anymore.   

just too much desire to be the be all end all

Now you are starting to understand why the game rolled them so hard in Knightfall, and during the peace talks, TKR behaved abominably as well. If they would of conducted themselves at-least...decently...I'm certain that a large portion of the game wouldn't of felt(Perhaps correctly) that they needed to roll TKR out of it to not have insane-perma enemies.

TKR had someone who RPs a lunatic with an addiction to hypocrisy, as leader, and reaped the results.

Their FA conduct last war shows that they never learned their lessons as well IMO

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1