[Sphere/DoW] We're going to hollywood

The Titan

2 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

You don't need that confirmation, TFP have always been Rose's !@#$, like WTF with their 1 man blitz.

True, I remember from my time in Rose gov. (Was just trying to give Phoenyx some cred, get on those threads man!)

• Haha 1

@Dr James Wilson

YUH HEGEMONY

Sir, TKR will always be a "hegemony" in your eyes. If we ally anyone we are bigger than you. And do you want to know why? Because we're better. We have better player retention, a better community, better leaders, better people. People like people, and they stay for the better. If you want to complain that TKR is a hegemony, go right ahead. But know that by doing that every damn time we sign a treaty or create a bloc, you're admitting that we're better. Stop peddling this BS, own to the fact that You and Rose are having backroom deals to protect each other like the white knight you are, and we can get on with our lives. Really that simple. The only reason why you don't openly sign Rose is because then all of that Hegemony talk you've been spouting would be thrown back at you. Well guess what. The secret is out, Rosasis is real, and you have no leg to stand on. Sleep well mate

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Insert Name Here said:

Listen son, if you don't know the 1st thing about Orbis war history (fairly recent even), you should really leave the FA to someone who isn't utterly inept.

Are you being intentionally dumb.  Stop acting like you have any idea what you’re talking about.  

I have said 10x over already regarding this war that we don’t have a treaty.   What tkr and hedge are doing is garbage and precisely what quack did last war.   The only difference is last war they declared on an alliance that was our ally.   

watching mega bloc crush the 2nd biggest bloc in the game while half of them have NAPs with a bunch of AAs now spread about does not bode well for our own security.   

this is literally duckhunt all over again except tkr replaced t$ with hedge.

Edited by Dr James Wilson

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

2 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

Are you being intentionally dumb.  Stop acting like you have any idea what you’re talking about.  

I have said 10x over already regarding this war that we don’t have a treaty.   What tkr and hedge are doing is garbage and not precisely what quack did last war.   The only difference is last war they declared on an alliance that was our ally.   

watching mega bloc crush the 2nd biggest bloc in the game while half of them have NAPs with a bunch of AAs now spread about does not bode well for our own security.   

Dude, are you for real? You don't even know which war I'm talking about lmfao. You're confusing it with that sorry excuse of a global war that happened recently.

Edited by Insert Name Here

4 minutes ago, Cob said:

@Dr James Wilson

YUH HEGEMONY

Sir, TKR will always be a "hegemony" in your eyes. If we ally anyone we are bigger than you. And do you want to know why? Because we're better. We have better player retention, a better community, better leaders, better people. People like people, and they stay for the better. If you want to complain that TKR is a hegemony, go right ahead. But know that by doing that every damn time we sign a treaty or create a bloc, you're admitting that we're better. Stop peddling this BS, own to the fact that You and Rose are having backroom deals to protect each other like the white knight you are, and we can get on with our lives. Really that simple. The only reason why you don't openly sign Rose is because then all of that Hegemony talk you've been spouting would be thrown back at you. Well guess what. The secret is out, Rosasis is real, and you have no leg to stand on. Sleep well mate

Child please.   We have had a long history of friendly relations with TKR going back to our founding.   We figured after the quack and oasis downsizes this would lead to continued improvements in our relationship with them post war.   But this is not that.   This is just repeating history.   Those who fail to learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.  And that’s exactly what happened here.   

educate yourself.  

• Upvote 1

Avanti Immortali

3 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

Dude, are you for real? You don't even know which war I'm talking about lmfao. You're confusing it with that sorry excuse of a global war that happened recently.

Lmfao I’ve been extremely consistent with my arguments correcting falsehoods about duckhunt and stating why we’ve entered here. But thank you.   The salt from you and mayor is just absolutely delectable and I’ve got a large supply now thanks to you!

And to speak about someone being inept when you can’t even troll properly.  

christ, can we get something worthwhile here?

Avanti Immortali

39 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

So if Hollywood is "megabloc", is syndisphere "supermegabloc"?  What about Oasis?  I kinda like the sound of "basicallymegabloc."

Heh gotta have some fun with your bloc names.  I respect it.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

Lmfao I’ve been extremely consistent with my arguments correcting falsehoods about duckhunt and stating why we’ve entered here. But thank you.   The salt from you and mayor is just absolutely delectable and I’ve got a large supply now thanks to you!

And to speak about someone being inept when you can’t even troll properly.  

christ, can we get something worthwhile here?

Damb, it's like talking to a wall, below is the war I'm talking about. Also no salt, I play this game more because of habit these days, to fight wars here and there and that's it.

Check the link below for the aforementioned war and, by all means, keep making a fool of yourself. I cba with randos who don't even know about fairly recent wars.

https://politicsandwar.fandom.com/wiki/Duck_Hunt

Prior to this war Rose and Immortals already had a paperless treaty. You're welcome for the information. If you're gov of any alliance, you're not doing them any favors with whatever you're doing, which I wouldn't go that far as to call FA.

17 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

If that makes you sleep better at night I guess just declare victory eh? Rather than actually read what you quote better just go to bed huh? You got your freedom fries, sleep tight little wilson. Dream of minispheres and destroying TKR, happy times.

What I get out of this thread and the various servers talking about it is.

TKR exists
Therefore
Hegemony

Any facts or reality to the matter be damned.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

27 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

Prior to this war Rose and Immortals already had a paperless treaty. You're welcome for the information. If you're gov of any alliance, you're not doing them any favors with whatever you're doing, which I wouldn't go that far as to call FA.

Oh man, are you telling me those HM alliances broke their paperless treaty with Rose? Because HM is just as guilty of what happened in Duck Hunt.

Or maybe, bear with me here, TI doesn't have a paperless treaty with Rose? Gasp.

49 minutes ago, Alcyr said:

Oh man, are you telling me those HM alliances broke their paperless treaty with Rose? Because HM is just as guilty of what happened in Duck Hunt.

Or maybe, bear with me here, TI doesn't have a paperless treaty with Rose? Gasp.

What happened in Duck Hunt is Quack listened to some false rumours that HM, Swamp and others  were going to attack them (they weren't), so they attacked HM and TCW, the anti Quack forces got their defensive treaty activated (paperless, sure, but in fairness, it was still being formed at the time of activation) and the rest is history. Now, to be fair, there was confusion during the whole war about this.

Interestingly, one of the key pieces of evidence used by Quack that they were right during the war and well after it was a statement that Grumpy's Ronny made. It was even turned into an ad. This led me to look into Ron's source which turned into the quest to find the "Secret HM Leader". It took a -long- time for his identity to finally be revealed to the general public (it was Left Behind), but Shifty came through and I think the thread where that happened finally vindicated what Tyrion had said all along- there was no plan to attack Quack. It seems that HM misinterpreted what Tyrion and Swamp had been wanting (a defensive treaty, not an offensive one), but when Tyrion finally stated this publicly and Left Behind didn't disagree, I think the matter was finally put to rest.

For those who aren't aware, that all happened here:

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Alcyr said:

Ugh, the FA level has gone to shit. I miss Partisan. Look mate, ther war on Quack was an offensive war (technically defensive but Quack was gonna get blitzed so they preempted) launched by a coalition of 3 different spheres.

Comparing that, to jumping in for defending an alliance you're not tied to on paper, is borderline idiotic. There's nothing wrong with owning a treaty, but trying to take people for a ride is simply unnecessary.

I'm privy with people who formed that paperless treaty so you can drop the BS okay. Thank you.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Insert Name Here said:

Ugh, the FA level has gone to shit. I miss Partisan. Look mate, ther war on Quack was an offensive war (technically defensive but Quack was gonna get blitzed so they preempted)

I guess some myths die hard. To this day, I haven't seen any hard evidence that Quack was going to get blitzed. A few comments made by HM inspired by a misinterpretation of something Swamp leadership said, sure, nothing more. My last post in this thread presents evidence that that's what really happened if you're interested.

3 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

I guess some myths die hard. To this day, I haven't seen any hard evidence that Quack was going to get blitzed. A few comments made by HM inspired by a misinterpretation of something Swamp leadership said, sure, nothing more. My last post in this thread presents evidence that that's what really happened if you're interested.

I fought vs Quack that war, and this is the great part of having no responsibilities in this game anymore: I can tell you there were coalition wide spreadsheets to blitz that same day.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

I fought vs Quack that war, and this is the great part of having no responsibilities in this game anymore: I can tell you there were coalition wide spreadsheets to blitz that same day.

Yes, Ronny said as much. It was done -after- they were attacked, some frantic scrambling to get it done, but they did it. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Insert Name Here said:

They had been done for days.

Well, that's certainly not a version of events that I've heard of before, but it may have just been "in the event that we are attacked" preparations. Can you share which Alliance/Bloc did these sheets?

• Haha 1

Just now, Phoenyx said:

Well, that's certainly not a version of events that I've heard of before, but it may have just been "in the event that we are attacked" preparations. Can you share which Alliance/Bloc did these sheets?

Yes, Rose bloc.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

Yes, Rose bloc.

Alright. So is it possible that they were simply planning how to counter attack in the event that they were attacked? That is what all the anti Quack forces have said, so it would fit with the evidence. 

Actually, I started thinking, perhaps they were tipped off that Quack was going to attack and so began planning the counter attack for that reason. I was in TFP before the war started. As far as I know we didn't do sheets, but we certainly suspected that Quack might attack us soon due to their military build up, so we built up militarily as well. 

Edited by Phoenyx

9 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Alright. So is it possible that they were simply planning how to counter attack in the event that they were attacked? That is what all the anti Quack forces have said, so it would fit with the evidence. 

They were planning the offensive blitz we were gonna launch that same day. However Quack only knew about HM wanting to hit them, so they preempted. The rest went on as planned, with everyone declaring on their allocated targets, the difference being that Rose bloc + Immortals and friends technically launched a counter, as the alliances they were supposed to preempt hit their coalition partners at the time (HM).

EDIT: they also knew about TCW wanting to hit them ofc, but that was known from the leaks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

They were planning the offensive blitz we were gonna launch that same day. However Quack only knew about HM wanting to hit them, so they preempted. The rest went on as planned, with everyone declaring on their allocated targets, the difference being that Rose bloc + Immortals and friends technically launched a counter, as the alliances they were supposed to preempt hit their coalition partners at the time (HM).

Alright, here's a theory for you:

Quack gets some false rumours that HM/Swamp are going to attack them. So they begin to build up and attack HM, as well as a part of Swamp (TCW). 

Rose gets wind that Quack will attack them and decides to attack them first. Only Quack beats them to it. 

I admit this is just conjecture. I was only in Rose briefly and hadn't heard this bit that they were planning to attack Quack first. Perhaps Rose will comment on this in the future.

1 hour ago, Phoenyx said:

Actually, I started thinking, perhaps they were tipped off that Quack was going to attack and so began planning the counter attack for that reason. I was in TFP before the war started. As far as I know we didn't do sheets, but we certainly suspected that Quack might attack us soon due to their military build up, so we built up militarily as well. 

Presuming TFP behaves like a normal alliance, as a normal member, you would not see or know anything about these sheets until very shortly before you declared war. Alliances don't just tell their general membership 'oh, we are creating sheets to declare war on XYZ next Tuesday'

Not too interested in relitigating the previous conflict given the facts that have come out more or less confirm what Quack believed; but that's just an observation that might be relevant.

• Haha 1