[Sphere/DoW] We're going to hollywood

The Titan

Just now, Don Juan said:

I would say stop while you're ahead, but you're clearly past that; stop before you become even more of a laughing buttstock than you already are.

The only laughingstock present is the ignorance your alliance/and hedge has towards how the game feels about these things.  

and the irony of lefty calling oasis a hegemony a few weeks ago while plotting this 😂

4 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

I have been, that's why I can say that ;)

It's not a poor deflection to point out that what you're using to attempt to demonize us with is widely regarded as the absolute worst metric. There's been plenty of actual useful graphs with nations and city counts going around but I guess that doesn't fit your narrative.

Yes it is.   And everyone that’s not in your own mega bloc is saying it quite loudly.   

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

29 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

Mfw people in this thread can't be bothered with facts and logic and actually looking at the spread of nations/alliances in these spheres and just return back to "hurr durr hegemony".

giphy.gif

THAT'S WHAT A HEGEMON WOULD SAY!11111!!1!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dr James Wilson said:

The only laughingstock present is the ignorance your alliance/and hedge has towards how the game feels about these things.  

and the irony of lefty calling oasis a hegemony a few weeks ago while plotting this 😂

Yes it is.   And everyone that’s not in your own mega bloc is saying it quite loudly.   

So "everyone else" is basically just your alliance and KT apparently? Duly noted.

• Like 1

BrOQBND.jpg

30 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

Mfw people in this thread can't be bothered with facts and logic and actually looking at the spread of nations/alliances in these spheres and just return back to "hurr durr hegemony".

giphy.gif

Don't worry about them.

output_OxzmzW.gif

Dab on the haters! To the Hollywood!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

27 minutes ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

Hedge literally had 4 top 10s in it lmfao how are you this dense 

Sorry, should I say top 5s? Or should I remind you that HM had something like alliances #8, #10, #11 and #12 while Oasis had #3, #4, and #5 when you include training AAs.

• Upvote 2

unknown_3_1_65.png

1 minute ago, Changeup said:

Sorry, should I say top 5s? Or should I remind you that HM had something like alliances #8, #10, #11 and #12 while Oasis had #3, #4, and #5 when you include training AAs.

Top 5s are very different from Top 10s, so yes? But Hollywood doesn't even have two alliances in the top 5, so I don't even know what point you're trying to make... 

20 minutes ago, Cooper_ said:

The only relevant statistic is nation counts at tiers because that's a direct reflection of a sphere's potential to project military power relative to other spheres. 

That's why tiering graphs are made to reflect this.  Score is meaningless for comparison unless everyone has the same infra, projects, militarization, and city counts.  This isn't the case, especially with the difference in militarization at the moment.  Any person beyond low gov is aware of this.  I know that includes y'all.

I'd be happy to get into the nitty-gritty of actual military ability of all of the spheres and discuss the downsizing from Quack, but we can't do that with disingenuous arguments.

Don’t use a post stating the facts of 21% and 25% which is visible to everyone in the RoN server. Which coincidentally backed the point made by Niz that it wasn’t 25% membership backed. 

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

4 minutes ago, Roberts said:

Finally a bipartisan middleground. Make more legible graphs!

Yeah, # of members isn't important on its own. # of total cities and average city is needed.

For example, this fight is 513 vs 756 according to thalmors graph. 

Doing this by hand so bear with me-

As far as I can tell nation's in alliances actually in combat rn total 461 for Rose with total cities of 7482, this number includes involved prots ofc. This is an average city of 16.2.

625 combatants for Hollywood with 11,708 cities. This includes prots but not offshores btw I'm not that tedious, for an average city of 18.7, 19 rounded up.

This means Rose is facing an opponent with approximately 56% more cities and with a practically 3 city average downdeclare advantage, who posses not only a numerical advantage (of about 30%), a first strike advantage, but also a militarization advantage because wow everyone really was expecting it to be t$ huh? 😛

I suck too hard to do graphs and this isn't totally accurate but it is a much clearer picture.

Just now, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

Yeah, # of members isn't important on its own. # of total cities and average city is needed.

For example, this fight is 513 vs 756 according to thalmors graph. 

Doing this by hand so bear with me-

As far as I can tell nation's in alliances actually in combat rn total 461 for Rose with total cities of 7482, this number includes involved prots ofc. This is an average city of 16.2.

625 combatants for Hollywood with 11,708 cities. This includes prots but not offshores btw I'm not that tedious, for an average city of 18.7, 19 rounded up.

This means Rose is facing an opponent with approximately 56% more cities and with a practically 3 city average downdeclare advantage, who posses not only a numerical advantage (of about 30%), a first strike advantage, but also a militarization advantage because wow everyone really was expecting it to be t$ huh? 😛

I suck too hard to do graphs and this isn't totally accurate but it is a much clearer picture.

You clearly missed Oasis blitzing just now.

• Upvote 1

unknown_3_1_65.png

y'know, although i am not a fan of this new bloc, i am kind of enjoying the fact that the people who are the most salty about this aren't even those of us who got hit

Edited by emi
  • Like 3

I literally cannot believe that there are STILL serious people in this game calling TKR a hegemony this many years after it was a "thing." 

Honestly, how dense do you have to be?

Frankly, you should be ashamed at your daftness. TKR could align with the smallest of micros and you clowns would still complain about our combined score. 

The only way you'd be satisfied is if we had zero allies. You have nothing genuine to complain about. Please stop your incessant whining, and keep 'er movin'. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Changeup said:

You clearly missed Oasis blitzing just now.

You have a very weird notion of "blitz".

Anywho so much for the hegemony spiel and comotion. At least our side declares our actual ties. Wonder if the numbers on their side alone will be enough, regardless of the incompetence, but it should be unless I'm really underestimating their ineptitude.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

giphy.gif

You're probably not surprised because the conversation always delves into accusations of a monopolistic hegemony against TKR every time it finds itself in a war. I noticed it as a reoccurring subject in the past.

1 minute ago, Insert Name Here said:

You have a very weird notion of "blitz".

Anywho so much for the hegemony spiel and comotion. At least our side declares our actual ties. Wonder if the numbers on their side alone will be enough, regardless of the incompetence, but it should be unless I'm really underestimating their ineptitude.

It's kinda on Oasis performance, many of them aren't fully militarized either. Some Rosesphere folks are already getting hammered and on a backfoot, if this isn't handled well it will end in disaster.

And I do mean handled well, we have to remember who it is they're attacking, in straight war prowess many of their enemies best even Rose in experience and skill, the margin for error is small, given circumstance.

But hopefully that makes it interesting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

It's kinda on Oasis performance, many of them aren't fully militarized either. Some Rosesphere folks are already getting hammered and on a backfoot, if this isn't handled well it will end in disaster.

And I do mean handled well, we have to remember who it is they're attacking, in straight war prowess many of their enemies best even Rose in experience and skill, the margin for error is small, given circumstance.

But hopefully that makes it interesting.

Ye taking into consideration that Rose is the only competent alliance on their side, the considerable numerical difference should be somehow mitigated, because otherwise they'd neutralize us fast.

However I'd like to hear more crying about hegemony when we at least declare our ties and are visibly clearly outnumbered now.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Like 2