Joining an alliance

Alter ego

Sure.  None of these use Discord:

Acadia, 770, Guardians of the Galaxy, Church of Spaceology, the Scottish Empire, Horsemen, Golden Horde, Outer Heaven, The Boys, Lannister Museum, Code of Honor, Vanguard, Si Hong, Demacia, Atlantis, Major League Baseball, (no relation) Green Protection Agency, Teutonic Order, Teutonic Est, The Red Banner, The Warriors, The Family, The Panzer Elite, AVENGERS, Legio Christi, The North Hemisphere Alliance, the North Atlantic Empire, United Nations...

I could go on, but anyway there's around 250+ alliances that don't require Discord. 

This alliance started last week, already has 20 members, and doesn't seem to have a Discord yet:

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=8514

19 hours ago, Aglet Green said:

Acadia, 770, Guardians of the Galaxy, Church of Spaceology, the Scottish Empire, Horsemen, Golden Horde, Outer Heaven, The Boys, Lannister Museum, Code of Honor, Vanguard, Si Hong, Demacia, Atlantis, Major League Baseball, (no relation) Green Protection Agency, Teutonic Order, Teutonic Est, The Red Banner, The Warriors, The Family, The Panzer Elite, AVENGERS, Legio Christi, The North Hemisphere Alliance, the North Atlantic Empire, United Nations...

I could go on, but anyway there's around 250+ alliances that don't require Discord. 

This alliance started last week, already has 20 members, and doesn't seem to have a Discord yet:

If you're a serious/notdead alliance you have a discord, RON has a discord.

Edited by Suyash Adhikari

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

On 5/20/2021 at 2:51 PM, Alter ego said:

Any alliances out there not making discord mandatory?  I have personal reasons not to use it.

Hey, i am from the knights radiant and we don't use discord!

We are one of the biggest Alliances in have and we offer  low taxes and many grants

I invite you to join my Alliance

Edited by Indger
  • Thanks 1

image.png.4824d77377c05ab0639aa7b3275e3aea.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 10:58 PM, Aglet Green said:

770 uses Discord. It's just not mandatory for members. That said we do encourage our members to join our discord, if they want to be part of the 770 community.

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

8 hours ago, Robert Ap Ioan said:

770 uses Discord. It's just not mandatory for members. That said we do encourage our members to join our discord, if they want to be part of the 770 community.

Good to know.  Did you know that your first city is the original spelling of Cardiff?  My friend Siân told me that back in college.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 5:59 PM, Aglet Green said:

Good to know.  Did you know that your first city is the original spelling of Cardiff?  My friend Siân told me that back in college.

I did, all my cities use the Welsh/Cymraeg names where possible. The orignal name of Caerdydd is technically lost to time; As we don't actually know what the Latin name was!

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Also, the real King Arthur was Welsh.  I know the stories and legends have been twisted through time, but they never were able to find any actual English or British or Scottish or Irish king that minted coins with the name Arthur on it, but there was some minor prince like 1500 years ago up in around Wales somewhere with a name close enough to Arthur that it could be him.  Obviously he wasn't King of England, just the first guy to do whatever he did, maybe unite 6 villages together into a town, or a several towns into a county, but stuff like that forever keeps growing in the retelling.  

I don't have the link to the article discussing this anymore, but the professor who wrote about it made some good points about this being the most plausible genesis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 4:21 AM, Alter ego said:

Any alliances out there not making discord mandatory?  I have personal reasons not to use it.

If your issue is just discord itself, and not an offsite forum/chat I would definitely recommend TKR and only TKR, they use Slack instead and are the only alliance without a mandatory discord I know of with any value.

Pretty much any alliance that doesn't have an offsite chat at this point is worthless, and will likely not even counter for you when you get raided, while funneling your taxes to their leader and providing no assistance or advice to you, and would probably steal anything you put into the bank as well.
there are a small few that have a discord/forum but don't make it mandatory, I don't know of any of value though; no offense to them if they exist.

~~~
I Just realized this is like 4 months old and you already did what I advised...

Edited by Sassa Freyjasdóttir