All Raw Material Production per Land

Mohammad

Right now land only reduces pop density (aka disease) and increases food production. but in reality, if you have 5,000 square miles of land, you should be making more raw material than a guy with 2,000. 

My idea is to base raw material production on land. I don't know what would be fair numbers, but take this as a sorry ass example:

Oil Wells: Land/1000 of Oil per turn

Idea is that now Land can be directly related to increased production capacity, not just for food. Also, would be a safe place to invest your money, since you cant loose land.

Feedback?

• Upvote 4

I mean, it is a way to counteract the rapid money inflation this game faces, but I dont know the long term consequences of such an implementation.

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

31 minutes ago, Suyash Adhikari said:

I mean, it is a way to counteract the rapid money inflation this game faces, but I dont know the long term consequences of such an implementation.

This would not solve inflation. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

This would not solve inflation. 

I dont think that would be the goal. The goal is to just make Land something more relevant, other than for the Whales feeding us, and getting 2k land to reduce ur disease.

But then again, thier are some hardcore PnW Economists here so what do they have to say?

1 minute ago, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

I dont think that would be the goal. The goal is to just make Land something more relevant, other than for the Whales feeding us, and getting 2k land to reduce ur disease.

But then again, thier are some hardcore PnW Economists here so what do they have to say?

As you would expect it would make land a lot stronger, and everyone would have a lot more land 😛

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

As you would expect it would make land a lot stronger, and everyone would have a lot more land 😛

Which would beinterestingg since Landoes nott affect score does it? It would mean you could have economic powerhouses, making millions worth of resources in very low tiers.Theoreticallyy at least.

Land is already way overpowered. As you mention it has positive benefits for both food production and population while at the same time being indestructible. 

If anything land needs to be made less powerful, not more.

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2021 at 7:25 AM, Zoot said:

Land is already way overpowered. As you mention it has positive benefits for both food production and population while at the same time being indestructible. 

If anything land needs to be made less powerful, not more.

This. While I wouldn't call it "way overpowered", increasing it's power while it remains indestructible is not a good idea. 

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

2 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

This. While I wouldn't call it "way overpowered", increasing it's power while it remains indestructible is not a good idea. 

what if you made land have a debuff to rss/food production if they were ground attacked in the last idk 60 turns or something like that?

1 hour ago, kolka said:

what if you made land have a debuff to rss/food production if they were ground attacked in the last idk 60 turns or something like that?

Too easily exploitable.

Nation A declares war on nation B. Nation A and nation B each send a ground attack with 50 soldiers and nothing else to intentionally do no damage and gain benefit then peace out of the war. Repeat process every 5 days. 

scSqPGJ.gif

Guest Zephyr
41 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Too easily exploitable.

Nation A declares war on nation B. Nation A and nation B each send a ground attack with 50 soldiers and nothing else to intentionally do no damage and gain benefit then peace out of the war. Repeat process every 5 days. 

They said "debuff", so this reads to me as, "What if land had a negative impact on resource production if ground attacked in the last 60 turns?". Or am I misunderstanding them?

Edited by Zephyr

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

They said "debuff", so this reads to me as, "What if land had a negative impact on resource production if ground attacked in the last 60 turns?". Or am I misunderstanding them?

Saw debuff, my mind took that and turned it into buff as this thread was about buffing land's impact on raw resources. Never mind what I put above. 

scSqPGJ.gif

This would only hurt smaller nations whom rely on raw production for income. Even if the idea was for land to only provide a bonus for having more land, bigger nations would then be more enticed to produce raws and diminish the necessity for smaller nations to do so, harming them in both cases.

• Upvote 1

Look up to the sky above~

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 5:51 AM, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

Right now land only reduces pop density (aka disease) and increases food production. but in reality, if you have 5,000 square miles of land, you should be making more raw material than a guy with 2,000. 

My idea is to base raw material production on land. I don't know what would be fair numbers, but take this as a sorry ass example:

Oil Wells: Land/1000 of Oil per turn

Idea is that now Land can be directly related to increased production capacity, not just for food. Also, would be a safe place to invest your money, since you cant loose land.

Feedback?

Although your suggestion makes sense I believe this response from Aiya (below) makes sense as well. 

On 5/20/2021 at 5:47 AM, Aiya said:

This would only hurt smaller nations whom rely on raw production for income. Even if the idea was for land to only provide a bonus for having more land, bigger nations would then be more enticed to produce raws and diminish the necessity for smaller nations to do so, harming them in both cases.

If this were to be implemented other economic mechanics would have to be added and balanced. 

• Upvote 1

it sounds good at first, but I feel like in a year after this would be implemented you'd see massive changes in the meta, with raws no longer being the main source of passive revenue for newer players, as the Whale Power Houses with the most land would produce so much raws it would likely cause the prices to drop back to levels were commerce is king, even for low infra raiders.   

low raw prices also effect MFG prices, weakening their producers economically as well, so in reality would end up being a nerf to raw & mfg production for new players. this really just puts the other raws in the same situation that food is in, without the nuclear winters causing stable fluctuations in the market, & a massive overrepresentation of whales dominating the market even more than they already do now.   

Edited by Deborah Kobayashi