The Harsh Reality Of Micros

PnWPaintMC

2 hours ago, MsPaintArtist said:

Name a micro with no treaties that still survives and prosper ‘till this day.

The Coal Mines, all of its life it has been in and out of treaties with a lot of time spent paperless with the occasional rolling. Its been around since 2019.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

JKS-forum-signature.jpg

It takes more than just connections to survive as a micro.  you do not want to be treated like a pesky little sister so eventually you have to grow pretty quickly. Otherwise you'll get dropped. It takes 4-6 people that all work equally hard every day and make useful decisions. 

Most micros are noobs just stroking their egos and wanting to boss others around with no direction and make idiotic decisions. These players can be forgiven as it takes time to grow up and actually be helpful. 

Other micros stay micros and survive and move into a high almost untouchable tier. 

Edited by Deulos
  • Upvote 3

True, but at least it should be acheivable, not near impossible

It is totally achievable.  Not for me perhaps-- at C3, I simply don't have the nation score required to form an alliance-- but it is certainly achievable.  It simply requires focus and commitment.  Unfortunately, you are committed to two mutually opposing goals and thus lack focus.  Clarify which goal is most important to you, go for it, commit to it, do anything for it... and you can achieve it.  

Ok first, I'm not really that salty about it not being easy, I'm just saying that it's hard for a micro to grow now than in the past.

Secondly, you can still grow without a decent protector, it's just that raiders like you usually aim at targets like us when having a chance.

Thirdly, my alliance is half anarchic, I don't command people to do things that they don't like. You should be able to understand, unless Arrgh is not anarchic.

Yep, reality is usually disappointing

First, your alliance has 2 people in it, so it's not half-anarchic.  It's fully anarchic: you both do what you want, apparently.

Secondly, you can't grow a micro if you keep creating them and disbanding them.  You didn't even give your "Hey let's celebrate some random Vietnam day!" micro more than a week or two before disbanding it.  And no one creates a thread like this if that was your only failed micro, so I assume there were other attempts you gave up on.

Third, if you are creating a micro this week (I'll revise this in June based on your next micro) based on being a mercenary company, then I'd better see a head of Milcom in there that's worked for Lucianus, Grave, Allend, Shiho, Kaz, or any of the other Milcoms out there.  The whole point of being a soldier-of-fortune is that you were once trained a soldier somewhere.  I don't know why your mercenary micro is failing but I guarantee you that if Mike and Potpie started a 2-person micro "Li'l Rose Petals" tomorrow, they'd have 100 people in it by June.  No treaties needed.  And those are just two random people I picked off the top of my head.  If they can do it, why can't you two?

Rose once only had 1 person in it.  Probably Callisto/Sax.  The $yndicate once only had one person in it.  The Knights Radiant once only had one person in it, and it was a girl who thought this was a book club about Sanderson.  All alliances were once one-person micros.  Which means any current micro might one day be the next #1 alliance. 

Don't quit on yourself, don't disband your alliance at the first sign of trouble, show you have dedication and commitment, and anything is possible.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, 丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

I mean some big AAs are really just bloated micros. Think of it like an evolutionary timeline, just as long as you’re fitter than most, you’ll move onto the next round. Eventually though, you may not make the cut. 

Look at alliances like TLE, they were present, now they’re dying out. Their performance, coordination, and FA shows that of a micro gone bloated.

this.

Also, though, it is and always has been possible to ensure that raiders don't profit off of their random attacks, even without any treaties. It just takes effort, which micros by definition cannot muster.

A big factor to making a successful alliance is to have a community. I believe Camelot is a micro success story. They were a nobody micro but have grown into a fairly respectable alliance. Most micros fail to do this, though, and they fall apart. Community is why you have small alliances with only a handful of people stay together and active even though they're relatively poor and isolated. 

Community is also why 'bloated micros' alliances like Polaris and Fark stick around. They would probably have disappeared long ago if they weren't so old. Although, at that point 'micro' is just being used as a slur. 

A strong community can survive anything. NPO only left because they chose too.

• Upvote 4

new_forum_sig_2.png

39 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

I wouldn’t recommend using The Coal Mines as a reference of what to aim for.

Was the statement not infact name a Micro that has survived the test of time and why would he not mention TCM.

TCM Community is constantly under fire and regardless the members have no desire to leave often times and we constantly host way more Community Events than overbloated piles like for Example COTL which arguably have some the most Toxic Players in this game Big Examples are ChangeUp and Akuryo.

should people strive to be whatever you're ideal alliance is or should they instead find a place to call home and friends who will constantly stick by their side with true loyalty something that COTL clearly lacks 

Unless Wishing Thalmor the Founder of your ally gets shot is all fun and games unless OOC attacks are mere jokes to be ignored 

We all have our opinions and ive no reason to believe in the likes of people who allow and enable such BS Toxicness 

TCM is a place that doesnt stand for OOC and welcomes a variety of members across several Games where is your COTL is a Toxic hole in this game that has some the largest OOC attackers in the game 

Edited by Nokia Rokia
  • Like 3

You are aware that over the past 100 days, the alliance that has done the most damage is outside of the top 40, right? We're KT, we're untreatied and we're here to stay.

46 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

A big factor to making a successful alliance is to have a community. I believe Camelot is a micro success story. They were a nobody micro but have grown into a fairly respectable alliance. Most micros fail to do this, though, and they fall apart. Community is why you have small alliances with only a handful of people stay together and active even though they're relatively poor and isolated. 

Community is also why 'bloated micros' alliances like Polaris and Fark stick around. They would probably have disappeared long ago if they weren't so old. Although, at that point 'micro' is just being used as a slur. 

A strong community can survive anything. NPO only left because they chose too.

Look at TI. They started as a tiny micro that people laughed about and have grown into one of the largest and most successful alliances in the game. The reason is pretty clear, they have a great community with some very good people, and they care about keeping the alliance moving in the right direction.

• Upvote 2

I am a part of the Micro he’s talking about, we do still have limits, that won’t change and never will, however he is correct, you could max you military for protection but never gain, or you could just let yourself get shredded to bits...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ShanersUEC said:

I am a part of the Micro he’s talking about, we do still have limits, that won’t change and never will, however he is correct, you could max you military for protection but never gain, or you could just let yourself get shredded to bits...

Focus on Proper Tiering, limiting Forum Interaction and Close Coordination but make sure to start VCs and enjoy the micro days they aren't always bad Success is made by those who choose to stand thru all the bad days and aim for a better day ever need advice feel free to DM me I love teaching Micro Gov people and giving out useful advice and tools Nokia Rokia#0002

Edited by Nokia Rokia
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Nokia Rokia said:

Focus on Proper Tiering, limiting Forum Interaction and Close Coordination but make sure to start VCs and enjoy the micro days they aren't always bad Success is made by those who choose to stand thru all the bad days and aim for a better day ever need advice feel free to DM me I love teaching Micro Gov people and giving out useful advice and tools Nokia Rokia#0002

This is a good summary what is like to start in/or create a Micro and then learn the ropes how to play. You have to go through a lot. IMO lifehack I can give to all new players is to join top 20 alliance, get an experiance but not only as a member but trying to become a gov member(so you can get full spectrum of experiance in this game). And then do you micro stuff with all knowledge you got it, you will just rule in micro sphere. You will be shark in ocean of catfishes.(last sentence I made up on my own so Idk if it's have any sense lol)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

1 hour ago, Maia said:

This is a good summary what is like to start in/or create a Micro and then learn the ropes how to play. You have to go through a lot. IMO lifehack I can give to all new players is to join top 20 alliance, get an experiance but not only as a member but trying to become a gov member(so you can get full spectrum of experiance in this game). And then do you micro stuff with all knowledge you got it, you will just rule in micro sphere. You will be shark in ocean of catfishes.(last sentence I made up on my own so Idk if it's have any sense lol)

most People who join a top 20 either never leave or never get to train as gov and end up making an Micro regardless so this is a relatively unimportant thing to do Gov training is something they can learn from a Real Prot or a Retired Decent Leader im not a great person in the eyes of many but most my Former 2ICs are either respected Alliance Leaders or High Gov people in Top 20s I believe ive trained a decent group of players so if needed I can set aside about 20 to 40 hours a week for training purposes its only normal 

3 hours ago, Nokia Rokia said:

Was the statement not infact name a Micro that has survived the test of time and why would he not mention TCM.

TCM Community is constantly under fire and regardless the members have no desire to leave often times and we constantly host way more Community Events than overbloated piles like for Example COTL which arguably have some the most Toxic Players in this game Big Examples are ChangeUp and Akuryo.

should people strive to be whatever you're ideal alliance is or should they instead find a place to call home and friends who will constantly stick by their side with true loyalty something that COTL clearly lacks 

Unless Wishing Thalmor the Founder of your ally gets shot is all fun and games unless OOC attacks are mere jokes to be ignored 

We all have our opinions and ive no reason to believe in the likes of people who allow and enable such BS Toxicness 

TCM is a place that doesnt stand for OOC and welcomes a variety of members across several Games where is your COTL is a Toxic hole in this game that has some the largest OOC attackers in the game 

Unsure of what your ill-informed post has to do with the words you quoted or with me. Or were you trying to further my point to not aim to be like TCM?...Unless your desires come in the form of attempting to bait others with nonsensical rants, steer clear.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

20 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

Unsure of what your ill-informed post has to do with the words you quoted or with me. Or were you trying to further my point to not aim to be like TCM?...Unless your desires come in the form of attempting to bait others with nonsensical rants, steer clear.

last message I got for you is this You are as a Old leader are partly responsible for the mess of your former gov and the outlook of COTL with the culture it represents 

I don't make posts based on Ill Information I merely called out the toxicness of your community that you are partly responsible for as one of the main founders you as a leader enabled a place for those toxic people and, due to this are to be held accountable as I am accountable for the members of TCM getting rolled and prolonging wars by refusing to surrender.

sorry to inform you but I save 90% of all talks I have and mine and Akus DMs are filled with the past of what used to be extremely close friends and the warped Knife Akuryo choose to drive in my back with extreme OOC allegations in support of Goons not rolling North Point. the very thing that would merge with Soup Kitchen to one day become COTL.

ChangeUp who decided itd be a great Idea to interview my roommate and dig into my personal life for his own show on Royal Orbis News I have evidence for all of this and have contacted the overlord Sheepy who chose to do nothing besides warn these individuals as if this would stop they harassments

I'm never poorly informed because unlike you I care about accuracy and being seen as factual now go back to your shell wherever that is.

retirement is where people like us belong stop defending bad deeds as if they never happened 

Kev you are someone i used to look up to than i realized you are as Real as Epi or Elijah Mikaelson or George (Bumi) or Akuryo

ive had enough of these fake people its tiring and now im done responding to you talking garbage about a happy community as all you manage to do is house terrible people

leaving the game for a few months has been so nice its been full of rants and thoughts of the past where ive gone wrong and the fake people i used to trust

this isnt baiting its mere statements of fact 

you are the last person to have the right to insult or attack another's community or judge the rights of another to bring up their community

the only bait here is the post you just made but no worries i enjoy free noms

Edited by Nokia Rokia
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Nokia Rokia said:

last message I got for you is this You are as a Old leader are partly responsible for the mess of your former gov and the outlook of COTL with the culture it represents 

I don't make posts based on Ill Information I merely called out the toxicness of your community that you are partly responsible for as one of the main founders you as a leader enabled a place for those toxic people and, due to this are to be held accountable as I am accountable for the members of TCM getting rolled and prolonging wars by refusing to surrender.

sorry to inform you but I save 90% of all talks I have and mine and Akus DMs are filled with the past of what used to be extremely close friends and the warped Knife Akuryo choose to drive in my back with extreme OOC allegations in support of Goons not rolling North Point. the very thing that would merge with Soup Kitchen to one day become COTL.

ChangeUp who decided itd be a great Idea to interview my roommate and dig into my personal life for his own show on Royal Orbis News I have evidence for all of this and have contacted the overlord Sheepy who chose to do nothing besides warn these individuals as if this would stop they harassments

I'm never poorly informed because unlike you I care about accuracy and being seen as factual now go back to your shell wherever that is.

retirement is where people like us belong stop defending bad deeds as if they never happened 

Kev you are someone i used to look up to than i realized you are as Real as Epi or Elijah Mikaelson or George (Bumi) or Akuryo

ive had enough of these fake people its tiring and now im done responding to you talking garbage about a happy community as all you manage to do is house terrible people

leaving the game for a few months has been so nice its been full of rants and thoughts of the past where ive gone wrong and the fake people i used to trust

this isnt baiting its mere statements of fact 

you are the last person to have the right to insult or attack another's community or judge the rights of another to bring up their community

the only bait here is the post you just made but no worries i enjoy free noms

Slanderous lies about Oblivions personal buddy and ally Kev are unwarranted. You are talking to the gentleman who negotiated peace between two spheres like it was nothing. He took the time out of his very busy day to defend his allies in the peaceful, cat-adoring alliance known as Oblivion; not only militarily but diplomatically as well. Someone who is so kind hearted cannot possibly be the person you just described so you must have the wrong guy. Everyone at Hedge really appreciates your posts Nokia, even when you leave and go into VM, it's like you never left at all. If you have an issue with anything I said, please feel free to send me a ping at Oblivion Complaints so I can give you my full attention and hear your concerns.

~Meow~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1