Charging credits to change your leader name is, in my opinion, absurd

Stacramon

I do not have a problem with charging credits to do certain things or with the VIP subscriptions or in general the things you have to pay for in P&W. Is it a little pay to win? Sure, but the game's gotta make money, I get it. Two credits to change your freaking leader name though? Are you actually kidding? I'm really not trying to insult Alex or anybody else with this post, but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

And to dissuade any potential counters, I'm well aware that every nation gets one free name change and that you can trade for credits and pay in-game money instead of actual money. On the first point, are democratic nations with regular elections whose leaders should be changing on a fairly regular basis just out of luck? Is democracy only for people who can pay for it? On the second point, credits are still extremely expensive, especially for smaller nations. You want me to fork over $48 million in game cash every time an election happens? I guess democracy really is just for whoever can pay for it. This is ridiculous.

Edited by Stacramon
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Are you RPing in a game suggestion thread?

No? I guess you're talking about the democracy is only for whoever can afford it thing, I wasn't trying to roleplay there. I think charging credits to change your leader's name is just stupid.

Just now, BelgiumFury said:

Seems like a fair use of credits to me.

Really? You think it's fair to have to pay $10 whenever you want to have a leader change through an election? Credits have worked their way into many aspects of this game. why do they need to be here?

33 minutes ago, Stacramon said:

Really? You think it's fair to have to pay $10 whenever you want to have a leader change through an election? Credits have worked their way into many aspects of this game. why do they need to be here?

I think the issue is you may be the first person in this game to ever use a leader name like you are proposing it be used for.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Stacramon said:

Well seeing you are your leader, it would be kind of annoying if that person changed all the time wouldn't it 😛

Youll be happy to know that when your nation is a big bigger (20 cities) this is around 2 days of revenue :)

I think your nation name should be something that remains the same for the most part: an obstacle to rapidly changing name often is probably a good thing.

You do bring up some good points though. It might be fun, role-play wise, to have a "User" field, and a "Current Nation Leader" field. The user remains the same, but the leader can change (e.g. After 3 months I might change from Ronald Krump to Josh Biddin after a contested election that I post about in "World News"). 

It is also fun, role-play wise, to set a different title for your nation. This feature already exists, though!

image.png.9691cb120d7464f41c5a39d77dda5d33.png

I think you have some good ideas here. You should put a bit of effort into writing them in a way that is not aggressive and unappealing to others.

Edited by Zerkium
Terrible grammar on first write
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zerkium said:

I think your nation name should be something that remains the same for the most part: an obstacle to rapidly changing name often is probably a good thing.

You do bring up some good points though. It might be fun, role-play wise, to have a "User" field, and a "Current Nation Leader" field. The user remains the same, but the leader can change (e.g. After 3 months I might change from Ronald Krump to Josh Biddin after a contested election that I post about in "World News"). 

It is also fun, role-play wise, to set a different title for your nation. This feature already exists, though!

image.png.9691cb120d7464f41c5a39d77dda5d33.png

I think you have some good ideas here. You should put a bit of effort into writing them in a way that is not aggressive and unappealing to others.

This seems like a much better idea lol

The leader name actually represents you in Politics and War, so it would be both annoying and bad if people would change the name whenever they want, as you also would find it harder to find/refer to someone(nation name isn't used that much).

So I'd suggest if you want to role-play ang go through elections, parlaiment and all of that jazz, to do it on your nation description. Just say that

NAME LASTNAME has been elected in nationX with a small margin, and stuff like that. It would add a lot of flavor to your nation too! Plus with bulletins now you can even make an article about it : )

On 5/11/2021 at 3:06 PM, Stacramon said:

No? I guess you're talking about the democracy is only for whoever can afford it thing, I wasn't trying to roleplay there. I think charging credits to change your leader's name is just stupid.

Just rig the elections every time, smh. Personally, my democracy has a very strict guideline for voting whereby only people of the zigbigadorlou class are allowed to vote for the new zigbigadorlou. Thankfully, only the zigbigadorlou, currently zigbigadorlou, can vote for this prestigious position. 

addendum: you could consider adding a head of state, like the queen, as a non-elected position.

Edited by zigbigadorlou
  • Upvote 3

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/