[Peace] Delta & Hedge war is done

Dave III

17 minutes ago, Leftbehind said:

Delta... get a new spokesman. He is likely the worse person to have be the voice for you all. 

Dave, CotL didn't poach the prot. They came to us, like others. Maybe instead of trying to throw shade at Hedge you fix the problems that cause them to leave in the first place.

Well, I'm not High Gov, so I wasn't able to see what was happening at "The Summit", but I was very happy that I was able to do a little side diplomacy, minor though it may have been. I think Dave might be the first to admit that he made some mistakes, I know I did. Hopefully we'll do the diplomacy better next time around. 

Edited by Phoenyx

8 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

More of this.  You don't need a NAP for peace, and honestly even if we wanted to be super scumbags and hit someone right after we finished a war with them, we wouldn't waste a move like that on you guys, frankly you don't really matter.

But I hope you guys had some fun, learned from this and use this experience to be better in the future.  With some focus, discipline and hardwork you guys could really make something of yourselves.

I sure enjoyed launching spy attacks on the 4-5 dudes that were in my range the entire war.

This guy has a big issue with KT clearly.

edit: I know he mean Johnson sphere ;) 

Edited by Mayor

11 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Well, I'm not High Gov, so I wasn't able to see what was happening at "The Summit", but I was very happy that I was able to do a little side diplomacy, minor though it may have been. I think Dave might be the first to admit that he made some mistakes, I know I did. Hopefully we'll do the diplomacy better next time around. 

His post here is enough to warrant them getting someone else. You simply do not try and call out the people in a peace post. Unless you guys want to keep playing stupid games.

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

Honestly, Dave III you are so try-hard, I can see how much you are lacking to find the PnW pace in politic aspect of this game.  I understand you want to keep The Johnson bloc RP in good shape no matter what but facts are against you. Try to be funny at least... On top of that your bloc is lacking common knowledge how to coordinate a war. 
It's really hard to find any strong point in your bloc tbh. War aspects you can improve simply by fighting more wars and trying to analize them to reduce mistakes and work on coordination. About FA well it's you with your pompous narrative... You simply lacking experiance in gov positions as FA. With your current knowledge in more established alliance you would be just an ambassador sent to one of ally alliance at discord. You need to learn more but trying to learn it by mistakes while being representative of your whole bloc will just hurt The Johnson PR a lot. Trust me it's not worthy for you as well. Don't be stubborn and just find more experianced replacement, try to learn more as low fa first and then come back in glory when you will find a groove. 

Peace and love! 

Meow.

Edited by Maia
  • Upvote 4

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

Congrats on peace! It would've been easy to let the difference in size/experience scare you guys into inaction, but y'all hit your aggressors on the chin and projected some power despite being a new bloc of smaller alliances/players. Respect! Hope y'all got some good experience out of this.

Not sure why some people want to go so hard against a small bloc, though. Probably insecure about something! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

1 hour ago, Mayor said:

Going to analyze this war now? :P

Anyways, good luck to all of the great nations in the collective known as The Johnsons.

Too late! He already revealed the secret HM leader

• Haha 2

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

2 hours ago, Changeup said:

You don't always need a NAP, all they really do is give a false sense of security and cause stagnation. You could be in the middle of a NAP, but if you're leaked plotting to hit another bloc the day the NAP ends, your precious nap means diddly squat.

I've always viewed plotting as a form of aggression. You could argue that being caught plotting during an NAP voids the NAP itself 🤔

• Upvote 1

Untitled.png

8 hours ago, Dave III said:

Hedge and Delta bloc have come to terms of White peace in the addition that Delta bloc takes on the temporary officiality of Johnson for 1 month

Although everyone on all sides will get the chance to rebuild, I am most excited for the changes to come to delta. A new bloc of protectorates and O-levels with Oasis took on one of the older blocs Hedge and held its own.

I believe that genuine expression on my part is necessary to best represent Delta, which is why this is not the original writing  which was to be posted. In this beginning of peace between the two bloc it would be careless and dishonest to not acknowledge the targeting of Delta as a new bloc getting on its feet and the current effort by hedge reps to bring delta alliances and nations to their sphere in a manner akin to poaching. This being brought into the light isn’t to sour the peace but to ask Hedge to honor the peace and to honor Delta as a former adversary.  

anticipate a bright future! 
Dave.

CCFD7779-E0FF-4135-809C-5924EFA9AE9D.jpeg

I doubt you guys will look good in their movies.

14 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

More of this.  You don't need a NAP for peace,

Just want to plus 1 this. A NAP was a poorly-thought out last-resort option that only came about after almost a full IRL year of hardcore warfare.

It's not a magic protection spell to stop getting rolled. You just gotta git gud.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Roberts said:

Just want to plus 1 this. A NAP was a poorly-thought out last-resort option that only came about after almost a full IRL year of hardcore warfare.

It's not a magic protection spell to stop getting rolled. You just gotta git gud.

I think the problem is nobody wants to be the first one to offer a white peace, after 3 globals with NAPs the other side is reasonably going to assume that the side offering white peace is going too attack again very soon and peace talks will crumble.

34 minutes ago, Grave said:

I think the problem is nobody wants to be the first one to offer a white peace, after 3 globals with NAPs the other side is reasonably going to assume that the side offering white peace is going too attack again very soon and peace talks will crumble.

Which is why many of us older players are taking every opportunity to tell the newer people that a NAP isn't a standard, it's a bad habit.

• Upvote 3

There's only ever been one NAP that was justifiable necessary at all and that was after NPOLT. Even then, we all saw how by the time that 6 months ended people were ready to throw hands the moment the bell rang. 

Typically, left to its own devices in an environment in which multiple centers of power exist, the community will invite large conflicts every 3-4 months on it own, and there's a general understanding that hitting another party shortly after a major war, especially the defeated party, is a low blow and that such behavior will, undoubtedly, put you on most everyone else's hit list as well. 

Without the sort of hyper toxic political dynamics present in the days of IQ, a NAP is simply not a necessity.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

NAP's are undesirable. You did very well in not binding yourself to one. If you are looking to get very good at this game in a small amount of time, you are on the right track.

+1 for riding without training wheels

3 hours ago, Aglet Green said:

The problem with this forum post thread is that it does not encapsulate the sheer importance of the Morf radio show involved in negotiating this peace. 

Here is your 5M for bringing us up. Sorry it’s all we have right now. Smol indie company 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Aglet Green said:

The problem with this forum post thread is that it does not encapsulate the sheer importance of the Morf radio show involved in negotiating this peace. 

In all actuality that importance is none at all. The decision of micros to do a micro thing and conduct FA on a radio show does not change that either way they'd have sought peace and capitulated when they did and as they did regardless, because that's what they always do. It's not CoTL first experience with that and it's certainly not mine, girl who proudly keeps tally of how many micros she destroyed by force. 😛

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Akuryo said:

In all actuality that importance is none at all. The decision of micros to do a micro thing and conduct FA on a radio show does not change that either way they'd have sought peace and capitulated when they did and as they did regardless, because that's what they always do. It's not CoTL first experience with that and it's certainly not mine, girl who proudly keeps tally of how many micros she destroyed by force. 😛

We certainly wanted an end to the conflict, but you haven't destroyed us.