Message spam by bots

17 minutes ago, Japanese Spider Crab said:

When can we make it agaisnt the rules to have bots spam peoples messages to join their alliance, there are ads for a reason, new players shouldnt need to have to ignore every message they get because its probably spam

Never, recruitment messages are a fundamental part of the game experience. Its a bot sending you messages, though the people that do are real people, so if you send messages back to them, they will likely respond if they're a good Alliance.

Screenshot_20240324_192453_650x175.webp.371a50f212b24d8a1b47b600fff6903f.webp
Hammer Councillor of The Lost Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order, Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines

Agreeing with Jaden's post here, recruitment scripts are used for the benefit of both sides. Used to gain members for the alliance and it makes you know that you have an option to pick an alliance. Alliances can't rely on gaining members by a new player looking at an advertisement in-game.

TF141_emblem_MW2.png.cb4bbc85173fa240b21f33c6d56cac56.png

Tactical_Nuke_inventory_icon_MW2.gif.c8c96532efc673d9d2bf87c58f0d2332.gif

too sick

36 minutes ago, JadenStar10 said:

Never, recruitment messages are a fundamental part of the game experience. Its a bot sending you messages, though the people that do are real people, so if you send messages back to them, they will likely respond if they're a good Alliance.

Can confirm. I hand-replied absolutely bizarre things to the 30+ recruitment messages I received expecting them to just be bots, and got dozens of WTF's in response.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yes hello I am a politic and war

22 minutes ago, Blast said:

Can confirm. I hand-replied absolutely bizarre things to the 30+ recruitment messages I received expecting them to just be bots, and got dozens of WTF's in response.

lmao nice, i just ignored all mine 😗

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

signature.png

What about a spam label? Force spam bots to identify as such, then have the game automatically mark those messages as spam and allow them to be filtered into a separate folder as an opt-in feature.

• Like 1

Yes hello I am a politic and war