Obligatory Yearly "Reviving the RP?" Post

I'm sure I might be looking back at this a year from now and thinking to myself. "Lol yep, that was a thing." But screw it, I'll cut right to the chase, since I do have some ideas. It's no secret that forum-based nation RP is pretty much dead. Unless it's a massive community built around it, chances are things will end up like they have here on the Politics & War forum. Any attempt to revive the RP and bring activity up inevitably fails, cause who really goes on the forum for stuff like this anymore?

Everyone uses Discord though, which is why my idea for the RP involves using a Discord server for the entire thing. I think people would be more willing to contribute to the RP in a Discord channel a little at a time instead of working on big posts on a forum every so often. Say each nation has their own dedicated channel. They could be given specials permissions within their channel to pin important posts like military information. Everyone can read the channel, but only the nation ruler would be able to post in their dedicated channel. There could be another channel for international interactions that everyone can post in. Someone could either type up a full post in that channel, or do it in their own channel and then link the message in the group channel.

To put it simply, players can use their own nation channel to post whatever they'd like about their nation, be it news, story, or lore. Players can also use another channel for interacting with everyone else in-character. Using Discord would make it so much easier to mention people to let them know a certain post involves them, or straight up DMing them to plan something related to the RP.

The biggest takeaway from all of this is that the RP would be taking place on a platform that pretty much everyone already uses, and participants can pop in, write up a post of whatever length they choose, and pop out again. If anyone actually sees this, what are your thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

Make a discord server, I think I know 3 guys (including me :P ) who would participate.

• Upvote 3

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

I've created the server. It's still a work-in-progress, but everyone can join and start using it. https://discord.gg/JU6kr5dEz9

1 hour ago, Eva-Beatrice said:

I've created the server. It's still a work-in-progress, but everyone can join and start using it. https://discord.gg/JU6kr5dEz9

@Mogar @TitanJazza @Dorian Grey @JadenStar10