The Descent of the Pixelhugger

Thalmor

What a read

Edited by Mutsu
  • Thanks 1

Sultan of United Ummah, Head of Foreign Affairs.
Inshallah, I will get some sleep.

FASmolVerHorizontalForum.png.82b81d9b6d799994f6c2bd11894f54c8.png

I, for one, am glad to be a slayer and envoy of the end. 

Ending your career through me is a privilege. Shifty is a prized commodity in many foreign nations.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

LMAO, I laughed but the depressing truth we all know is it to do be like that for some people/alliances.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

11 hours ago, WarriorSoul said:

Hahaha it's cool because people quitting is funny now!

It always was funny from the beginning. If you quit the game because you failed so badly at a browser sim then GG.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mayor said:

It always was funny from the beginning. If you quit the game because you failed so badly at a browser sim then GG.

I found back in the day it would happen with the newer guys, because they would lose all that infra they bought up, and just not realize how easy it was to replace.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I found back in the day it would happen with the newer guys, because they would lose all that infra they bought up, and just not realize how easy it was to replace.

The truly funny thing is I have a plethora of old discord messages from nearly all Rose members but most of them are people telling me about how they have been destroyed in a war or me telling them to increase their war-chest. "4000 gas and  2100 ammunition" hits really close to home. I always had to just deposit resources directly into peoples nations since they always went to war with like under 5k resources... Or people not wanting to fight because they don't want to lose infra. A true classic. You can be destroyed to basically nothing and it still costs the same to rebuild in the end. If new players understood this I think they would enjoy the game a lot more.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mayor said:

The truly funny thing is I have a plethora of old discord messages from nearly all Rose members but most of them are people telling me about how they have been destroyed in a war or me telling them to increase their war-chest. "4000 gas and  2100 ammunition" hits really close to home. I always had to just deposit resources directly into peoples nations since they always went to war with like under 5k resources... Or people not wanting to fight because they don't want to lose infra. A true classic. You can be destroyed to basically nothing and it still costs the same to rebuild in the end. If new players understood this I think they would enjoy the game a lot more.

Yeah the warchest issue is the first thing I have to beat into many new Grumpy members, its very rare that one will apply and actually have a warchest built up from their previous alliance.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Yeah the warchest issue is the first thing I have to beat into many new Grumpy members, its very rare that one will apply and actually have a warchest built up from their previous alliance.

Yes, either no WC or a very small one. I find that people also don't understand that when you grow 10 cities and increase your military you need a bigger war-chest as well to compensate. So often I found people selling their "excess" resources during war or complaining about market bans because they can't sell their "excess" resources, what is their WC? 20k gas and munitions. Always have a sizable alliance WC is the answer.. easier than trying to convince 50 or so members to change their habits.

29 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Alternatively, they quit because they don't like being someone else's plaything? Not really sure there's a way to objectively fail at games like these. What makes people enjoy something is entirely idiosyncratic, but most people don't enjoy seeing other people have fun at their own expense.

Its not just 10 city nations unfortunately, its continues from city 1 to city 40 for some nations.   I do have the advantage tho of running a much tighter ship than say a Rose, so if you dont want to hold a warchest as a member of Grumpy, you will quickly find yourself no longer a member of Grumpy.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WarriorSoul said:

Alternatively, they quit because they don't like being someone else's plaything? Not really sure there's a way to objectively fail at games like these. What makes people enjoy something is entirely idiosyncratic, but most people don't enjoy seeing other people have fun at their own expense.

You fail the game by deleting your nation. Also you do realize this is a multiplayer game with war mechanics right? If you don't want to get destroyed then join a better alliance or deal with the fact that sometimes you lose, everyone eventually does. If instead you choose to breakdown and cry and then quit the game then yes, you failed.

16 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Its not just 10 city nations unfortunately, its continues from city 1 to city 40 for some nations.   I do have the advantage tho of running a much tighter ship than say a Rose, so if you dont want to hold a warchest as a member of Grumpy, you will quickly find yourself no longer a member of Grumpy.

Yes there have been many debates about how open Rose recruitment should be and many people have found themselves no longer in Rose after they refuse to fight in wars (then you get the whole, "please my irl has been tough and I honestly meant to fight that war.... etc" and then my weak heart gives in and I don't kick them out of the alliance...

• Upvote 1

Tbqh you don’t need a large warchest if you’re in a curbstomp bloc and only fight in dogpiles. You won’t lose troops and you’ll only burn munitions and gas at minimal levels. Plus you can keep manufacturing up if you had high Infra. 

if you’re fighting a dogpile, you need a large offshore. Good luck taking anything from me when I have 0 supplies and zero infra. I’m just lobbing projectiles.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Mayor said:

You fail the game by deleting your nation. Also you do realize this is a multiplayer game with war mechanics right? If you don't want to get destroyed then join a better alliance or deal with the fact that sometimes you lose, everyone eventually does. If instead you choose to breakdown and cry and then quit the game then yes, you failed.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. I personally don't care one way or another whether I'm in a war or not. The only worthwhile reason, to me, to stick around these kinds of the games is for the community (or at least parts of it). Playing the game is your ticket into participating in the community. But I can see the argument that is to be made for those who don't like that. We as a player base have decided, at least tacitly, that one is really only allowed to play this game one way, which is to be subjected to fighting wars at any given moment. It's a false dichotomy we've created where you can either 1) play the game and do wars or 2) not play the game at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WarriorSoul said:

I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. I personally don't care one way or another whether I'm in a war or not. The only worthwhile reason, to me, to stick around these kinds of the games is for the community (or at least parts of it). Playing the game is your ticket into participating in the community. But I can see the argument that is to be made for those who don't like that. We as a player base have decided, at least tacitly, that one is really only allowed to play this game one way, which is to be subjected to fighting wars at any given moment. It's a false dichotomy we've created where you can either 1) play the game and do wars or 2) not play the game at all.

I never said you couldn't enjoy the game in whatever way you please, mate. I said you are a failure if you lose a war and then quit the game because of it. You said yourself "but most people don't enjoy seeing other people have fun at their own expense" which is of course true for everyone usually but also that is why people enjoying winning wars and fighting others. People like to win at others expense. If you can't handle that then I don't know what to tell ya.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mayor said:

I never said you couldn't enjoy the game in whatever way you please, mate. I said you are a failure if you lose a war and then quit the game because of it. You said yourself "but most people don't enjoy seeing other people have fun at their own expense" which is of course true for everyone usually but also that is why people enjoying winning wars and fighting others. People like to win at others expense. If you can't handle that then I don't know what to tell ya.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. You're observing the way things are, and you're largely correct. What I'm saying is we have created, whether by choice or simply through lack of choice, this false dichotomy wherein the only people who really do get to enjoy the game are the warlike (or semi-warlike) ones. To say that one can enjoy the game in whatever way they please isn't really true when the people who would prefer not to fight don't really get a say in the matter.

For instance, the only reason to attack an alliance like Alpha, unprovoked, is exclusively to derive enjoyment from others' losses. There's nothing else to be gained there. You can say that this is KT's (or whomever's) way of enjoying the game, but it's just sadism lol.

• Downvote 1