Possible Cheating/ many new "fake" nations in an alliance

Norval of Whidbey

I dont know, could just be a good recruit bot, but take my upvote.

Edited by JadenStar10
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

2 hours ago, JadenStar10 said:

I dont know, could just be a good recruit bot, but take my upvote.

Thanks.  But, does the "good recruit bot" somehow have a coordinated list of nations in the recruitment advert for the applicants to hit right away, in some cases even before they join? .  It's really fishy that these new nations suddenly know who to attack.  Most newbies don't.  To me that's the strongest evidence.

@Alex I know you might think these may all "check out" as seeming to have real email addresses but people can fake that.  What you guys seem to be missing is how coordinated these things are.  How is it possible for all these new nations who join SoS to already know who to attack?  These are not independent NEW people run by unique individuals for each nation.  

Edited by Norval of Whidbey

I would just like to second Norval's case here. The alliance as a whole has a few things that are so outside the realm of normal I can't help but be suspicious. The alliance score as a whole has almost tripled in a month, and new nations have joined at a pretty ridiculous clip. They haven't been advertising, and neither I nor anyone else I know received recruitment messages from them when we joined. I've only been playing for a couple months now, but it does seem far from normal when a smaller alliance recruits at a rate that dwarfs the rate that other actively recruiting alliances have. 

Norval also notes a few other things that members of the alliance do that are atypical, following certain people's raid targets, members start raiding the same people just before joining the alliance, etc. 

All in all, I think it would be unreasonable to not be at least somewhat suspicious, and I really think this deserves at least a little investigation. 

Edited by Ragnar-Danneskjold
  • Like 1

After looking through the SOS alliance I find them suspicious because comparatively with most alliances these guys seem to have to most applicants and most of these applicants are either active or offline for a week or so and most of these people are all newbies created in a few days or so. This can essentially justify the case they might be using bots to exponentially increase their member numbers and score and as you can see on their alliance they have essentially added a 50k score to themselves in the past month with most of their members being newbies. 

Honestly, I think it's quite unreasonable to see that newbies that were created in a day or so that are a part of SOS or just applicants immediately target raid targets and usually just block them without winning the raid. Also as well essentially as I've been looking through Norval's war activity it can be easily seen that many times that SOS newly made members immediately jump on Targets Norval is on.

Following what Ragnar and Norval said I agree when they said this deserves some investigation if they are truly using bots.

• Like 1

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Pailin said:

this deserves some investigation if they are truly using bots.

I've been looking into it, but I don't see any real evidence that anyone is using scripts here. And what purpose would there be to "block" raid targets?

Just because you are not seeing them advertise in the game does not mean that they are not advertising, nor does it mean they are fake players. Numerous groups of players have joined Politics & War throughout the years who have moved over from outside communities. If they have some other community it would make sense that they are both doing more than the average player and joining an alliance without being recruited.

The level of sophistication that these "bots" would have to have just to block some of your raid targets would be extraordinary. It just doesn't add up.

Have you talked to anyone in this alliance to ask about where their new players are coming from? Perhaps just a single conversation could shed some light and clear things up for you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

@Alex  I don't necessarily think they are bots/scripts although some friends in my alliance do.  I think it's a few people creating many nations and using fake addresses.  They do it so the alliance can be more powerful, the extra nations bring in more money, and they will have more  troops to fight with especially later when it comes to wars.   Anyway, I'm not going to waste any more of your time.  Thanks for listening :)     

• Alex locked this topic