『Game Rule Change』Treasure Trading

Majima Goro

First time I heard of Treasure Trading, I thought it was just some kind of status with a bonus rather than a tradeable item

• Like 2

Sultan of United Ummah, Head of Foreign Affairs.
Inshallah, I will get some sleep.

FASmolVerHorizontalForum.png.82b81d9b6d799994f6c2bd11894f54c8.png

11 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

I'm not exactly sure why treasure trading was banned but if the objective of the game is to have more smaller wars, treasure trading is the way to do it. Once someone steals your treasure, it can be a cb for war against them or their alliance. If the treasure is stolen with the purpose of selling it to someone, this can be a cb for war against the buying alliance. Once someone has sold a treasure and has some money on their nation, raiders can come in to steal that money as well. Treasure trading can be a dynamic way to keep treasures moving about in the game even in peace time which I feel is lacking in the game. This also makes piracy a tad more interesting.

It was banned because as with many features of this game, it was not fully thought out before implementation, and so it was used in ways other than intended. Lookup the history of Treasure Island which started all this...

For the rest, this this makes absolutely no sense...

If you get a treasure during war, why would that be a valid CB on the "buying alliance"? For starters, they haven't "bought" anything - they won it during war, so that's just tough on the losing alliance. Plus, you would have no way of knowing if they were to sell it onwards and if they were, it is already against the rules, rendering this whole thing moot.

Lastly, anyone selling a treasure isn't going to keep hundreds of millions on them - it would be deposited into a bank or used before then.

Pointless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, synthesis said:

If you get a treasure during war, why would that be a valid CB on the "buying alliance"?

What was Rose's CB for their Quack war?

Besides the point is there are less downsides to allowing this than not allowing this. 

We all want a more dynamic game, not one where doing intelligent things is banned since the rest are too dumb.

22 minutes ago, Majima Goro said:

What was Rose's CB for their Quack war?

Besides the point is there are less downsides to allowing this than not allowing this. 

We all want a more dynamic game, not one where doing intelligent things is banned since the rest are too dumb.

I have no idea? Was it? I don't follow CBs - they are generally all BS anyway.

Agreed - but the problem, is that everyone that didn't think of that intelligent thing will cry and whine until the rules get changed to stop those that did. It happens in real life and it happens here. On the other hand, if it had been thought out properly in the first place then this would never be an issue, and the rules would be half the length they are now. i.e. what they actually say is that you can't do X, Y and Z because it's too difficult/lengthy to put technical measures in place to stop you.

3 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Pre I know about this but this is years late now. Either get it done soon enough or just allow us to go the OG way till it is done.

• Upvote 1

On 4/12/2021 at 2:58 AM, Majima Goro said:

Currently, the game rules ban "Treasure Trading", ie, the ability to transfer treasures to a different person or alliance for in-game cash.

There are ways around this. But for you, I would probably just hit you if you were in range without paying. 

• Haha 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/