Infrastructure Restoration Act (Carthagian House of Deputies Resolution #1)

Mega

Note: This is my first time roleplaying on the forum. If you have any suggestions or would like to build upon this go right ahead and comment below!

Quick Guide: (P) = Carthagian Progressive Party, (D) = Carthagian Democratic Party, (L) = Carthagian Libertarian Party, (C) = Carthagian Conservative Party, (A) = Carthagian Authoritarian Party. Independents are listed as (I) plus the party they caucus with. Ex. (I-P)

James: "This is CNMC News (Carthagian News & Media Channel), I am your host, James Carby. Today, the House of Deputies is about to debate a bill which if signed into law by Emperor Leegathus would not only improve infrastructure across the nation but also build up new infrastructure in underserved communities and communities of color and other minorities." "Here's a quick review of the House. The party currently in the majority in the House is the Carthagian Democratic Party (D) which are considered moderate left-wing. Assuming the bill passes in the House, it makes its way to the Carthagian Senate, The party currently in the majority is also the Carthagian Democratic Party (D)."   "CNMC is now covering the debate."

Dep. John Cruz (D): "Mrs. Speaker, May we start the first debate session?"

Spkr. Alexandria Hernandez: "I officially authorize the first debate session, You may begin."

(2 hours of debating later...)

(Roll call of all deputies, All deputies vote on the bill.)

Results: 

(126 required to pass)

(D) 50 yea, 2 nay (52)

(P) 33 yea, 0 nay (33)

(L) 20 yea, 21 nay (41)

(C) 31 yea, 15 nay (46)

(A) 10 yea, 31 nay (41)

(I) 29 yea, 8 nay (37)

Total: 173 yea, 77 nay (Passed)

James: "Alright, as you can see on the top left of the screen, The results are 173-77 so it has passed in the House, The emperor says he will sign it "as soon as it hits his desk." Senate President Roger Marcos said that the Senate should be voting on it by next week." "This was CNMC News with James Carby. The next show on CNMC will start right after the commercial break."

• Like 2

Signed, Mega, the kindest person ever! ♥️

Proud Member of Event Horizon

DISCLAIMER: Any post that I make or my response to one is NOT in any way representative of the alliance I'm in, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Thanks! For my first time it did turn out pretty good! Any suggestions for me?

• Like 1

DISCLAIMER: Any post that I make or my response to one is NOT in any way representative of the alliance I'm in, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Oh

• Like 2

Carthagian Empire not in Carthago? smh, @Daveth slacking on recruitment.

• Upvote 1

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

On 4/9/2021 at 6:03 AM, Leegathus said:

Thanks! For my first time it did turn out pretty good! Any suggestions for me?

OOC: Just do whatever is fun for you. This place is kinda inactive these days so a suggestion would be to bring anyone you know to RP here and maybe it will be a bit more lively. If you want some inspiration you can check out Eva's posts since she has been going strong for many years.

I used to attack people in game and then RP that I am conquering or destroying their nation which tbh was a lot of good fun. >:)

Edited by Mayor
  • Like 1

@JadenStar10 Lmfao. I'm in TLE tho.

• Haha 1