Making Missiles and ground forces continental

SmokingSober

I already know this is going to get some hate but have we considered making Missiles continental? Meaning you can only launch a missile at nations on your continent? Same goes for ground forces (Soliders, Tanks)

Ships, aircraft and nuclear weapons would remain intercontinental, so you could hit anyone with them

• Downvote 1

Just now, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Whats the point? besides making missiles less useful? 

Why go continental?  We all have a spot on the map, why not make missile range like 2.5k miles, and then make a project that can increase the range of missiles.

It's to make intercontinental war less feasible. Personally I think it's ridiculous having an entire army travel the world and back in 2 seconds

I like your idea too though, giving a range to missles

1 minute ago, SmokingSober said:

It's to make intercontinental war less feasible. Personally I think it's ridiculous having an entire army travel the world and back in 2 seconds

I like your idea too though, giving a range to missles

You can literally move your nation. Realism is not a thing and I doubt you'll be able to convince people to support any changes based on it.

If you want to convince people to support your change you have to explain how it will improve the game play. What will it add to it? How will it make the game more enjoyable to play?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Zoot said:

You can literally move your nation. Realism is not a thing and I doubt you'll be able to convince people to support any changes based on it.

If you want to convince people to support your change you have to explain how it will improve the game play. What will it add to it? How will it make the game more enjoyable to play?

Yeah I guess it'd be a huge overhaul to touch that mechanic for the change I'm talking about. Still though, moving continents can be costly and I'd rather someone have to put in the effort of moving if they want to put full force on me. It adds depth

Just now, SmokingSober said:

Yeah I guess it'd be a huge overhaul to touch that mechanic for the change I'm talking about. Still though, moving continents can be costly and I'd rather someone have to put in the effort of moving if they want to put full force on me. It adds depth

The game is currently build around the fact that the only thing your position the map means is what resources you have access to. You can currently instantly attack anywhere in the world. You can currently instantly trade with someone anywhere in the world. You can currently instantly play baseball against a team anywhere in the world. Making the position of a nation matter isn't adding depth, it is making a new game.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Zoot said:

The game is currently build around the fact that the only thing your position the map means is what resources you have access to. You can currently instantly attack anywhere in the world. You can currently instantly trade with someone anywhere in the world. You can currently instantly play baseball against a team anywhere in the world. Making the position of a nation matter isn't adding depth, it is making a new game.

Things change, that's what this whole forum section is for 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SmokingSober said:

Things change, that's what this whole forum section is for 🤷‍♂️

This forum is for making suggestions to improve the game. I am saying that your suggestion does not improve the game, it fundamentally changes it and creates and entirely different game without giving sufficient justification as to why it should be done.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Zoot said:

This forum is for making suggestions to improve the game. I am saying that your suggestion does not improve the game, it fundamentally changes it and creates and entirely different game without giving sufficient justification as to why it should be

That's entirely your opinion, you're entitled to it just like I am mine, and I am saying it improves it.

Adds a little more depth to war and helps newer nations.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To be fair, zoot has been playing for over 2300 days, and you have been playing for 1 day, and during that time have not engaged in a single war. 

Feel free to keep tossing ideas out, but for you to assume that your change would improve the war system or help new players is a little suspect as you have yet to engage in the war mechanics of this game.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SmokingSober said:

That's entirely your opinion, you're entitled to it just like I am mine, and I am saying it improves it.

Adds a little more depth to war and helps newer nations.

The depth argument, because it adds an additional metric to take into account when planning wars, and what types of attacks to use, I could see as one argument that could be made. Even if I disagree with the quality of the argument.

But how does it help newer nations? You can have an opinion, but without any explanation, it's one opinion vs. another.

I have to agree with Zoot that changes like you are recommending fundamentally change the style & type of game PnW is. It's like if you suggested in checkers to start with difference pieces that move in different ways, and attack with different strength. At that point you're talking about some variation of chess. Not really checkers.

As well to have a limitation for missiles; the one unit that actually can cross borders, and not for soldiers is silly if the point is to increase realism.

• Like 1

• Wiki Mod

Yes, lets definitely add this and bring about the age of blob warfare. Aka, never have a balanced major war again.

• Haha 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid