Create a time-limit on Captcha

Kastor

I agree with this 100%. Especially because I'm operating with fairly slow internet more than I'd like. This leads to the Captcha server not connecting and returning an error message regularly, and of course the problem of Captcha verification taking so long that my fighting capabilities are diminished. This issue in particularly severe around day change, in which seconds can make the difference between a individual war (or multiple wars) going my way or not.

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

On 3/31/2021 at 7:12 PM, Kastor said:

Please fix this in some way, it is by far the most annoying thing in this game. I understand that we need to catch bots, but it shouldn’t be at the expense of ACTUAL players.

and yes, my opponent was able to run 2 attacks on me in the time it took to do the captchas. I know other players have been upset about this too. 

thanks for reading alex and others o/

Stop using those war declaration bots and this wouldn't be happening. Everyone knows you use bots and it's not actually you declaring wars. You're making the problem worse by complaining. 

Just use Nord VPN so Alex doesn't take your info.

Goomy: *Hot Goomy is 5 miles away from you and looking to have some fun*

Guilo: O.O Click bait is sooooooo tempting

Aoi Toori: Well its Goomy, who wouldn't?

If Dillon A McCann is Ted Cruz then doesn't that make him the zodiac killer? Rip zodiac #EndofZodiac

I support this
riot.gif.918e528e770f623bf7db19c497c8e45f.gif

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

• Administrators
On 4/8/2021 at 3:00 PM, Kastor said:

BUMPING because I’ve made similar threads and have yet to get an answer 

@ss23 @Alex please respond

ss23 helps out with server security and hosted, he's not a game development admin. Please don't ping him.

We already have time limits on the captchas, just not in certain places (like war declaration) that are otherwise highly susceptible to scripting. If there was a time limit on those, then people would certainly use auto war-declaration bots/scripts.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

16 hours ago, Alex said:

ss23 helps out with server security and hosted, he's not a game development admin. Please don't ping him.

We already have time limits on the captchas, just not in certain places (like war declaration) that are otherwise highly susceptible to scripting. If there was a time limit on those, then people would certainly use auto war-declaration bots/scripts.

what if you only had to do a captcha on the war declaration and not have to do it for individual attacks for 6 turns or something like that?

On 4/9/2021 at 4:18 PM, Alex said:

So us players with slower connections are just SoL then?

new_forum_sig_2.png

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Thalmor said:

So us players with slower connections are just SoL then?

To be honest, that's always the case, and true of every online service. If you play any online game, the player with the lower latency (ping) is always going to have a slight advantage.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Kratos said:

reCAPTCHA v3 when? 

reCAPTCHA v3 doesn't really work. I've tried it in some limited applications, and it essentially just tells people they are bots and to try again. It's a much more frustrating user experience than v2.

v3 would be great if it weren't for the volume of false positives.

Forums Rules | Game Link