The Galactic Crusade 2.0

Vexz

Just now, Kurdanak said:

OD? And as for this conflict, personally, nah - anyone could assume it was coming and KT are just quality fighters.

Opus Dei.

However, I'll point out that we were able to successfully intercept some of their plane suiciders that war, so it's in doubt.

There was one player, now in ASM, who was called "sentient war bot" by lower tier fighters.

1 hour ago, Cherise said:

The guy who leaked such things (and logs are gone) came in from TGH, which was why I was aware of it.

Reviewing the first few wars Rose declared on KT, I notice the majority of KT sat there and took it.

I was legit taking a quick nap irl. Covid has had my energy low asf for the past week.

Janny Larpers

10 minutes ago, Denison said:

I was legit taking a quick nap irl. Covid has had my energy low asf for the past week.

If you sincerely picked up the virus, condolences and best wishes for a speedy recovery without Long COVID.

Edited by Cherise
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Who wouldn't wish to receive tribute? :P

I love receiving tribute, rose sphere has given me $120m since Thursday. It's so nice of them don't you think?

11 hours ago, Cherise said:

OD was suspecting that KT etc uses war scripts that automatically direct players to input commands into ground attacks when war notifications (via API or an external refresh script on conflicts) pop up.

Having already fought against them, I doubt it, their hits seem pretty clean and reasonable. You guys probably just suck, KT is just better than you.

• Haha 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

15 hours ago, Cherise said:

OD was suspecting that KT etc uses war scripts that automatically direct players to input commands into ground attacks when war notifications (via API or an external refresh script on conflicts) pop up.

Sit tight and I'll tell you how KT has been cheating throughout all its history as an alliance. Ready? We'll begin.

A long long time ago, a kt member whose name has long been lost to legend realised a simple but highly important thing. He knew that if you are expecting a war to start within the next five minutes, a good thing to do was hit refresh once every five seconds or so. When a war was detected, particularly if you knew that the only people who could attack you either had far fewer cities or less military than you, you can do a ground attack without looking if you can be confident that you can do it without them being able to build enough military to prevent it. That is how you have all been cheated for so long.

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Cherise said:

17 hours ago, Cherise said:

The guy who leaked such things (and logs are gone) came in from TGH, which was why I was aware of it.

Reviewing the first few wars Rose declared on KT, I notice the majority of KT sat there and took it.

You can get the !@#$ out of here with that. Just because you Over-Dose folks cheated, doesn't mean everyone else in the fricking game does too.

Lmao. How convenient that the logs from this shadowy, nebulous TGH member are gone. I got logs from an SK member that Alex is actually held in a Chinese internment camp, but those are gone too!

• Haha 6

new_forum_sig_2.png

It never gets old when people who suck at war can't learn to click using their mouse and using the clock provided by Windows 10 to time things properly; the notifications literally do all the work for you. If you wana blame anyone blame Alex for implementing that change in the first place.

17 hours ago, Mayor said:

It never gets old when people who suck at war can't learn to click using their mouse and using the clock provided by Windows 10 to time things properly; the notifications literally do all the work for you. If you wana blame anyone blame Alex for implementing that change in the first place.

On the attack: declare, war screen f5 then move to intended attack type once the war pops up.

On the defense: war screen f5 then move to GA etc.

You can do it in a slightly faster way by:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/groundbattle/war=*

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/airstrike/war=*

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/navalbattle/war=*

and monitoring conflicts to get the anticipated number(s) in multiple tabs, but this fails when you're getting blitzed or lots of declares are going through. It's more useful on the offensive when the decs are yours and you can predict what your declared war number is going to be, then f5 / enter it.

====

Someone leaked to me that a certain alliance (not KT in this case) WAS using war scripts for rapid response, in which case you'd have a monitor on for conflicts on rapid refresh which would automatically perform the process stated above. AFAIK that'd be grey area because the script is not manually inputting the attack for you, it's only directing you to the attack page. (However, I'd suggest you check with Alex to see if such a thing is legal if you want to automate it. If it's not, there are "manual" techniques available that can't ensure 2000 ms response times on the defense, and that'd permit detection of scripting).

Re: KT itself, KT may have such a capability, but they weren't using it this war given the delayed responses in most wars. Even with scripting, fast responses are very stressful to execute.

===

I'd estimate around 1600 milliseconds to go through the war screens set-up on the attack. The predict / refresh set-up should be about 1000 ms on the attack if your computer loads quickly and wars aren't being declared constantly. The predict / refresh set-up will give you no warning if someone jams your predicted war number, since it'll only issue "This war doesn't exist" messages if the war is not extant OR if someone else squats your war number.

I think we (as in OD) WERE using ultra-rapid attacks in engaging KT etc. Airstrike tanks / dogfight might take another 800 ms due to the need to go through the combo box, if you're not using script assistance to set the combo box for you.

Last Edit:

Takes about 3 seconds to do refresh / combo box stuff. Cycle time on f5 click for GA would be 1000-2000 ms. This also implies about 5-6 seconds on the attack with going through the combo box on war screens.

Edited by Cherise

I deal with every war people !@#$ing about Oblivion using war scripts and all I have ever done is use Chrome for Windows 10 and multiple tabs, notifications help with instant response because you can click on the notification tab and it opens up the correct page instantly. Anyways careful who has given you "leaks" since I know for a fact a lot of the people championing this war script fight are bold-faced liars and just can't accept the truth that they are just shit at war.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Cherise said:

and monitoring conflicts to get the anticipated number(s) in multiple tabs, but this fails when you're getting blitzed or lots of declares are going through. It's more useful on the offensive when the decs are yours and you can predict what your declared war number is going to be, then f5 / enter it.

====

Someone leaked to me that a certain alliance (not KT in this case) WAS using war scripts for rapid response, in which case you'd have a monitor on for conflicts on rapid refresh which would automatically perform the process stated above. AFAIK that'd be grey area because the script is not manually inputting the attack for you, it's only directing you to the attack page. (However, I'd suggest you check with Alex to see if such a thing is legal if you want to automate it. If it's not, there are "manual" techniques available that can't ensure 2000 ms response times on the defense, and that'd permit detection of scripting).

It took me a couple of rereads of this trying to understand what you're trying to get. So you're saying that the alliance you're talking about has a bot that scrapes simply the war value of the recently declared war and links the id automatically? Cool, that would still depend on human action and when you set it to monitor, but it definitely sounds plausible that someone could have done that. Especially knowing that there are alliances that do that simply to alert when one of their members were declared on. But to that extent? It sounds like too much though, and drains out the fun.

5 hours ago, Cherise said:

Re: KT itself, KT may have such a capability, but they weren't using it this war given the delayed responses in most wars. Even with scripting, fast responses are very stressful to execute.

I can tell you for a fact that KT has never developed that capability within my whole time as a member (it's been a really long time), and considering with how often I've participated in our blitzes. The only ever links included into the war rooms are nation pages of our targets. Actions are usually always quicker on PC, even quicker if you have a tab for your page ready to switch to and refresh after you declare on your targets. Mobile, you can still be quick but it's annoying preparing for your own declare on there, and countering depends much more greatly on your cell service (fyi sprint sucks).

For dealing with counters and other defensive war declarations, it's all about knowing when to expect declarations on you. Say for instance Rose. It was highly expected that Rose was going to declare that day, so I definitely made sure to start refreshing my war page 20 minutes before update, and about 30 minutes after too until the final declaration finally happened. I will also do that when I declare wars at a non-server update time when coming out of beige, as I can expect a counter usually before that turn update if the alliance is actually quick with doing something. If not then I continue to closely monitor until I give up and simply check it once in a consistent while.

Either way you have to be quick with your actions. You might be able to get a few seconds to quickly analyze who's attacking you, but usually you only have enough time to do a ground attack or an airstrike (whatever may be the case dependent on the state of your army and your expected enemy at that point). So sometimes you'll do a ground attack or airstrike really quick without noticing that they're a lot strong than you, and it ends up being an utter failure due to the result. I can say definitely say that one from experience, it has happened to me a few times. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

hfzkFUp.gif

29 minutes ago, Xavier Renarus said:

It took me a couple of rereads of this trying to understand what you're trying to get. So you're saying that the alliance you're talking about has a bot that scrapes simply the war value of the recently declared war and links the id automatically? Cool, that would still depend on human action and when you set it to monitor, but it definitely sounds plausible that someone could have done that. Especially knowing that there are alliances that do that simply to alert when one of their members were declared on. But to that extent? It sounds like too much though, and drains out the fun.

I can tell you for a fact that KT has never developed that capability within my whole time as a member (it's been a really long time), and considering with how often I've participated in our blitzes. The only ever links included into the war rooms are nation pages of our targets. Actions are usually always quicker on PC, even quicker if you have a tab for your page ready to switch to and refresh after you declare on your targets. Mobile, you can still be quick but it's annoying preparing for your own declare on there, and countering depends much more greatly on your cell service (fyi sprint sucks).

For dealing with counters and other defensive war declarations, it's all about knowing when to expect declarations on you. Say for instance Rose. It was highly expected that Rose was going to declare that day, so I definitely made sure to start refreshing my war page 20 minutes before update, and about 30 minutes after too until the final declaration finally happened. I will also do that when I declare wars at a non-server update time when coming out of beige, as I can expect a counter usually before that turn update if the alliance is actually quick with doing something. If not then I continue to closely monitor until I give up and simply check it once in a consistent while.

Either way you have to be quick with your actions. You might be able to get a few seconds to quickly analyze who's attacking you, but usually you only have enough time to do a ground attack or an airstrike (whatever may be the case dependent on the state of your army and your expected enemy at that point). So sometimes you'll do a ground attack or airstrike really quick without noticing that they're a lot strong than you, and it ends up being an utter failure due to the result. I can say definitely say that one from experience, it has happened to me a few times. 

It's a script that calls up the relevant war page and makes it so the player only requires to move their mouse to the button and presto, fast counter.

When I found out about it, I was neither approving nor disapproving (Pantheon colleague when NR was hitting, so it was a desperate war), but I did ask around about it, and apparently it was known about and judged legal due to man-in-the-loop (don't quote me on this, if you want to try it, call Alex and get permission).

Since TGH was with KT in KETOG, when we saw fast responses, the immediate conclusion was that TGH was sharing the war script with KT. But it didn't matter, because to the best of our knowledge it was legal, we simply came up with counter tactics that worked. My response to Kurdanak was simply a possible explanation of why KT was so fast.

As long as there's a man in the loop, I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of beating it with war screen refresh, and if it's not in a blitz, you'd probably have a 90% chance with prediction / attack, higher if you're doing GAs instead of airstrikes. If the counter-tactics with predict and war screen refresh fail reliably, across multiple connections and computer speeds, someone is probably using fully automated war scripts, which is decidedly illegal.

So what's the problem here? This might be annoying for personal egos, but for people handling operations getting preempted isn't a big deal (most of the time), and there's known countertactics for it. I recall distinctly that we were passing around links to shave 3 seconds off our attack speed using predict / attack tactics, and that was interesting and fun.

Edited by Cherise