[Gov Change] Kru has been sent to Brasil

Dave III

1 hour ago, Bradley said:

I don't know anything other than what's been said in this post, so what has he done? He had the opportunity to coup as heir but didn't, and now you're refusing his safekeeping. You said he poached - what does that mean? Does it mean he approached members of his pre-mergeย alliance to see if they were satisfied with the merger? If so, I don't think it's that bad. Mergers don't always work out the way you'd expect and attempts at undoing them happen. So is that what happened? If not, care to share? Or don't. It's a slow day at work hence why I'm here ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, namukara said:

The more I think about this (which isn't much I grant you) the more I agree. I don't think Kru was the bad guy here, he wanted to make an alliance with a few friends and now his previous alliance have stolen money and resources from him and are attempting to roll him.

This wasnโ€™t motivated due to the merge, in these messages to the captain of Theta Squad Kru expresses dissatisfaction but this wasnโ€™t madeย known to any of the other govs even Jacob who was Kruโ€™s co-leader in UNMC. From our point of view his intentions to fracture the alliance came out of nowhere which is what spurred such a disproportionate response. Kruโ€™s ย position also plays a heavy part. If a regular member or even low gov did the same thing then the response would have been much less severe, but because Kru had been maintaining secrecy with his true intentions we could not necessarily know what he would do, the threat of a coup was real so we reacted with the appropriate response. One expects treachery from enemies, not from allies.ย 

5084BA57-ACBF-4356-B674-B709B57145ED.jpeg

FFA9002B-F263-4AE4-9BE3-35EA5FE50952.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bradley said:

Admittedly I didn't realise this was a DoW against a one man alliance. Regardless though it doesn't change much. This would have been better to work out privately rather than going public in the most salty way possible, which was the crux of my point. Even more so if it's an issue of post-merger tensions.ย Now both sides look pretty bad which probably isn't the way SMC intended.ย 

Hey, it's at least more interesting and relevant than the other stuff posted recentlyย 

• Haha 2

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

Guest Zephyr
8 hours ago, namukara said:

The more I think about this (which isn't much I grant you) the more I agree. I don't think Kru was the bad guy here, he wanted to make an alliance with a few friends and now his previous alliance have stolen money and resources from him and are attempting to roll him.

Basically 'poaching' is just a term tossed around to justify squashing competition. It's a nation sim, people are going to nation sim in a nation sim, which happens to include making alliances in this particular one. Though it is notably useful for alliances to perpetuate the notion that there's something particularly malicious about members having the ambition to make their own and, shock horror, talk to other players about joining it.

7 hours ago, Dave III said:

ย 

This wasnโ€™t motivated due to the merge, in these messages to the captain of Theta Squad Kru expresses dissatisfaction but this wasnโ€™t madeย known to any of the other govs even Jacob who was Kruโ€™s co-leader in UNMC. From our point of view his intentions to fracture the alliance came out of nowhere which is what spurred such a disproportionate response. Kruโ€™s ย position also plays a heavy part. If a regular member or even low gov did the same thing then the response would have been much less severe, but because Kru had been maintaining secrecy with his true intentions we could not necessarily know what he would do, the threat of a coup was real so we reacted with the appropriate response. One expects treachery from enemies, not from allies.ย 

5084BA57-ACBF-4356-B674-B709B57145ED.jpeg

FFA9002B-F263-4AE4-9BE3-35EA5FE50952.jpeg

Well, it looks like this supports my position that you're stitching this guy up.

So let's look at the (apparent) facts:

• Kru was formerly an heir to Stratosphere Marine Corps (SMC)
  • Kru wanted to start a new alliance
  • Kru contacted other members of SMC and attempted to recruit them to his initiative
  • Kru's intentions were reported to Dave III
  • Kru was promptly banned from the alliance and its Discord
  • Kru made a new alliance
  • SMC is refusing to return Kru's savings to him

So a high gov member had ambitions of starting a new alliance as they weren't enjoying their current role. They attempted to recruit friends, but were dobbed in for daring to have their own ambitions. Resultantly they were promptly ejected from the alliance and its Discord, and robbed of their personal savings. But Kru is the bad guy because... he wanted to play the game differently and didn't ask for Dave III's permission?

Then there's this...

9 hours ago, ๐•ฎ๐–†๐–Š๐–˜๐–†๐–— said:

Lol so dumb! He doesnt even know how to coup! Lmao

Which I don't get because I'm not actually seeing evidence he intended to coup the alliance, only that he intended to start his own alliance. If anything this is more damaging to SMC's leadership than to Kru, because currently the screenshots posted by Dave III don't even support this notion. In fact, the last screenshot makes Kru sound even more reasonable as he seems respectful of Lester's need to think over the proposition before committing. And despite screenshots being easy to fake, given these seem more incriminating to their author than Kru, I'm actually inclined to accept their legitimacy.

The more reasonable action to take here would be, at the very least, ejecting Kru from government (because it's fair that you don't waste your time enabling/training someone planning to leave and make their own alliance). At worst, you could have ejected him from the alliance and Discord but given him his personal savings and not tried to roll him. You guys took it a few steps too far, and now you look like the bad guys.

I can't help but think this is one of those moments where a micro attempts a 'gotcha' only to proceed to incriminate themselves.

Despite Celestia Sack, and idek how many other times ive mass raided Kru's alliances, over the years ive dealt with him, he has always been very relaxed and willing to be diplomatic/open, i get ur a bunch of horny nubs but stop rubbing shite on this guy.. Kru is harmless

Edited by SAXON
p.s I may even get bored and show him how to waaarrghh all over ur face

-SAXON-

-Warband Leader of the Nordic Sea Raiders-

Niflheimr%20riki.png