Do black lives matter? (Spoiler: yes and also yes)

Sir Scarfalot

I think the problem people are having with the "black lives matter" versus "blue lives matter" versus "all lives matter" movements and counter-movements and confusion is simply this: the opponents of each are detecting unintended implications.

It's kinda like follows:

"Black lives matter? Sure, everyone's life matters, blacks no less than anyone else. But why single out blacks when there's plenty of pain and tragedy to go around? I don't like the implication of the statement."

"Blue lives matter? Sure, everyone's life matters, cops no less than anyone else. But why point out the cops' lives when there's plenty of pain and tragedy to go around? I don't like the implication, especially since there's several high-profile cases wherein cops killed blacks in a racially charged environment. That's not a statement I'm ready to allow."

"All lives matter? Sure, everyone's life matters, that's just obvious and goes without saying. But why not single out blacks when there's a disproportionate amount of tragedy and pain levied against them statistically? I don't like the implication that we should ignore those tragic statistics."

To answer all of those three questions: YES everyone's life goddamn matters, so stop making up reasons to argue about semantics and implications and just realize that tragedy = tragedy no matter what color it happens to be. Everyone's got their own pain, and it's theirs, so respect their pain and stop looking for fights. I've had it up to here with all this implication-smearing, especially when the implications are flat-packs made of straw to begin with. Ree.

Ok I'm out, I don't even want to see if this actually got through to anyone until tomorrow