Dislikes means nothing

Maia

Can we bring back dislikes to have some effect on reputation status? I believe it could make our forum more organised and some people would be avoiding to fooling around. Categories like Alliance Affairs should be informative but for the most of time this is place to fool around. It makes this place infested with spam. And I am not talking about inexperienced people who jump to forum for the first time. There is bunch of veterans just fooling around and giving bad example for others. And there is no counter for that. Dislike? Yeah no effect on reputation, you can have 1k positive rep and this won't change anything. I am not saying forum should be serious but there are places like orbis central and another ones to fool around. Just like 2 years ago moderators used to be more strict and moving topics to another sections. Today it seems to be free real estate, everyone doing what they want. I am just disappointed idk what to say more...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

7 hours ago, Maia said:

Just like 2 years ago moderators used to be more strict and moving topics to another sections. Today it seems to be free real estate, everyone doing what they want. I am just disappointed idk what to say more...

Sounds like you want moderation, not downvotes. Keep in mind, some people feed on downvotes. 

• Upvote 3

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

4 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Sounds like you want moderation, not downvotes. Keep in mind, some people feed on downvotes. 

Yeah would be great to have active moderator but I know life is life and one guy can't do all work. So help from community could be useful. If dislikes won't change anything in your opinion maybe create some system involving community to keep forum more cleaner in some areas. As I said I am not against fooling around but should be place for that not doing it everywhere. But at this point I will probably stick to some discord news server for more organised stuff and stop checking every topic in alliance affairs tbh

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

Guest Zephyr

The oldest post on the first page of Alliance Affairs was started on the 1st of March, and was last active on the 7th. There have been 16 threads active in the last week, which averages just over 2 per day. This is busier than usual, but yet all content active in the last week is still on the first page of the sub-forum. I don't think there's a problem here.

Also Alex originally removed downvotes because he wasn't keen on the negativity of it, and already compromised by bringing them back without an actual effect. I doubt Alex will actually entertain reinstating their effect.

I think the current implementation may actually be optimal as a downvote can simply signal disagreement with a post without tanking a user's forum reputation, which is useful in sub-forums such as game suggestions where it helps gauge community reception of ideas. Then there's the game reports sub-forum where user's should not be discouraged from reporting rule violations by potentially having their reputation attacked for daring to hold other players accountable to the game rules (as we know alliances such as Rose and formerly Goons have participated in downvote trolling reports made against them, which would be given real teeth with this proposal and probably encourage the behaviour even further).