In Light of Recent Events

Leftbehind

7 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

I'm good, thanks! Hope you are as well. 

I ddo agree with what you're saying. The distinction is generally hard to make unless you know someone more intimately, and you simply can't know 1000 people that well.

One of the persons that approached me at the time imo did so particularly admirably. he didn't do anything extraordinary. He simply approached me and asked, respectfully whether I knew and whether it was deliberate. Once I clarified, he thanked me for hearing him out and we went our ways. 

That was the convo which prompted me to shoot aku a msg to clear it up. His approach was admirable due to its contrast with how (combative) many approach these more polarized and sensitive subjects. 

I guess that what I'm advocating is moderation. On both sides. Most people mean well and are more than anything, too stuck in their own bubble and their own life to seek out ooc conflict.  It'd be great if some of the more zealous among us could be more mindful of that. 

On the other side, making a conscious effort to not make people uncomfortable over their identity unnecessarily, particularly when it doesn't cost you a thing is really a bare minimum. When you know something bugs someone, continuing deliberately to make that person miserable for shits and giggles isn't funny. 

... It's pathetic. 

We've all been there, I have this issue more than most as I am blind and many of my friends have not completed the transition process and still sound like their birth gender. If somebody knows that you don't mean to make the mistake, moderation is the best response all round.

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2021 at 9:10 PM, Kevanovia said:

This kind of stuff is exactly why people complain about the toxicity in this community. I for one do not want to be part of it any longer. It's not just the awful things/viewpoints of hatred that are seen. (For example, the things that Aku posted) It's also the gaslighting and behavior displayed by those in the community who are "outraged" by things happening "OOC" and need to keep 'OOC' and 'IC' separated, but meanwhile use OOC things to try and further their IC agenda. Pika and I experienced some of this BS behavior of blurring IC/OOC before we quit the first time, it's sad to see that it wasn't us just misreading something. After trying to make amends and level set, it's clear that some people take this game far too seriously and are willing to be asshats for it for IC-gain.

I apologize to the folks that warned me against said behavior. I feel like a fool that I did not see it before, and that I even defended their actions - as I mistook it for honest misunderstanding. To those whom I am referencing, I truly hope I am incorrect.

I hope everyone stays healthy, happy and safe.

You know what I want Kev? I want to roll the ever loving !@#$ out of a few spheres for 2 years straight again.

Toxicity deez nuts, if they can't hang they shouldn't.

Will you help our sphere attain that goal again and remind SyndiOO that it should revert back to its former glory?

Lxr4VfE.png