Transphobia

Havgle

Stuff on unofficial discords are free game. People can be slanderers, nazis, transphobic and racist. The community here and some of the moderators themselves don't want to take evidence like this and handle it appropriately unless it comes from a direct source (in-game messages or the official P&W discord. 

Take a look at some of the reasonings here as to why people don't want it. People want the free speech to be transphobic and racist and toxic and to be free of any wrongdoings and any implications that could have to their game account. 

Free speech can be battled with free speech. I can provide you a list of servers in which you can exercise that in speaking with Deulos. Banning people from discord servers that show this behavior is also a good start. Push all the hate filled people into the corners of the P&W community that remain toxic and abusive. We'll be looking a few key alliances as they increase in membership when people have nowhere else to go.

• Like 1

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

Guest Zephyr
3 hours ago, Young Guilo said:

Stuff on unofficial discords are free game. People can be slanderers, nazis, transphobic and racist. The community here and some of the moderators themselves don't want to take evidence like this and handle it appropriately unless it comes from a direct source (in-game messages or the official P&W discord. 

Take a look at some of the reasonings here as to why people don't want it. People want the free speech to be transphobic and racist and toxic and to be free of any wrongdoings and any implications that could have to their game account. 

Free speech can be battled with free speech. I can provide you a list of servers in which you can exercise that in speaking with Deulos. Banning people from discord servers that show this behavior is also a good start. Push all the hate filled people into the corners of the P&W community that remain toxic and abusive. We'll be looking a few key alliances as they increase in membership when people have nowhere else to go.

"People rejected my moderation proposal, there is only one explanation, they must be big smelly racists!". We both know you read your thread, so why trot out such disingenuous nonsense here? Your idea was shot down because it was bad and there's already a more effective solution.

@Historia Reiss Unless it occurred on the official P&W server or you can get Alex direct access to the offending content, I doubt he'd consider looking at it. Your best bet is reporting abusive behaviour to the server owner or reporting it to Discord's moderation team.

Discord has its own community guidelines enforced by its Trust & Safety team. You can submit a report here, but you should also read this page for instruction on how to properly submit reports.

Edited by Zephyr
formatting

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Historia Reiss said:

This sounds really petty of me considering he just reported me, but I've come to report Deulos for blatant transphobia.
https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=97925

Although he might say it was just a "joke" it's pretty clear that he harbors an ugly distaste or hatred for the trans community. 

1217598899_ScreenShot2021-03-09at4_30_54PM.png.fececb10dbf97dacdab65dd8979ab9b7.png1505849318_ScreenShot2021-03-09at4_36_51PM.png.cad85e61cc6fdd9f882d4146e2b8c2e4.png232481182_ScreenShot2021-03-09at4_39_15PM.png.e41444254d8254c85804ebc632989c86.png2038340692_ScreenShot2021-03-09at4_39_26PM.png.7e3ff7145b85c6067361529612349df0.png

Where did these messages take place?

You're probably better off reporting to Discord's Trust & Safety team if they took place outside the official P&W Discord server, and you're probably better reporting to the @Discord Mods in our server if they took place there.

You can also block people from messaging you / seeing their messages on Discord, and I would recommend you take advantage of that feature as well.

• Like 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Where did these messages take place?

You're probably better off reporting to Discord's Trust & Safety team if they took place outside the official P&W Discord server, and you're probably better reporting to the @Discord Mods in our server if they took place there.

You can also block people from messaging you / seeing their messages on Discord, and I would recommend you take advantage of that feature as well.

It took place in Royal Orbis News. I can send you directly to where the messages were posted.

"Havgle is a piece of sh*t" -probably everyone in Orbis

Havglerepmeme.gif

47 minutes ago, Historia Reiss said:

It took place in Royal Orbis News. I can send you directly to where the messages were posted.

RON is not an official server, Alex doesn’t have jurisdiction there. Discord moderators would be able to help in this situation.

• Like 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

@Historia Reiss Just echoing what others have said over the lack of control Alex has over non-official servers/platforms. If you want more information on how to make a report to discord, here is the link: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000291932-How-to-Properly-Report-Issues-to-Trust-Safety

• Like 1

BrOQBND.jpg

As an addendum for RON: After reading this thread as well as other public comments made by Deulos, the director team at Royal Orbis News has decided to ban Deulos from our server. Not only is it in blatant violation of rules 1 and 2, but we wanted to make it clear that hate has no place in RON.

@Historia Reiss For future incidents like this, please DM any online director and appropriate action will be taken.

• Upvote 4

unknown_3_1_65.png

@Historia Reiss First of all, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Albeit I can't say I'm not a little saddened to see that you chose to report this on forums, to Alex and other moderators, i.e to people who have no jurisdiction over RON (though that obviously doesn't mean to say we wouldn't ban hate speech had Alex reached out), and chose not to reach out to us, the people who can and will ban them. In the future, if there is a problem similar to this please don’t hesitate to confront me, Putmir, Changeup, Scott or any staff member directly. I can assure you, RON does not stand for any kind of hate speech.

We endeavour to moderate our server properly and promptly, but as things stand Changeup, me and Putmir have rather pressing irl issues, and can't 24/7 keep #the-balkans (our general chat) in check, especially when that channel is particularly active, as was the case when those comments were made. Although we generally tend to be around to moderate it, some messages may slip out of our notice, but we will ban such offenses on sight, and I had already banned one other transphobic person on that day at the time I was around for that chat. To help us with the burden of moderating, we even recently promoted another staff member to admin, which will go a long way in keeping our server clean, however we would certainly appreciate if things were brought up to us directly, instead of us being informed about it over a forum report days later, or our entire server being reported to Discord Trust & Safety without us being informed, for comments an individual who has no relation to RON made (as has happened once in the past, which is why I'm constantly reiterating, letting the admins, us, know is of paramount importance.)

Update: We recently created a support category, so that people can use it alongside dms to have immediate action taken.

Edited by Krampus
To provide an update
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!