I look at these people with 1k+ reputation points and I wonder... just... how?

Xaria

1 hour ago, Maia said:

When dislikes mean nothing you can just spam posts and you will get it eventually.

If he spams literal garbage, though, then he'll get b& before 1k updoots.

...Not to mention the lack of actual updoots from the effort would hamper progress somewhat too :P

Guest Zephyr
6 hours ago, Maia said:

When dislikes mean nothing you can just spam posts and you will get it eventually.

This is basically Phoenyx's approach. They have an undeserved 278 forum reputation. *sigh*

On 2/27/2021 at 9:01 AM, Xaria said:

HOW DID YOU GET UPVOTES FROM THAT wtf this is witchcraft

giphy.gif

Also, for a more serious answer re: OP - there was a solid 3-4 year gap where I didn't post much, if at all, and I still don't compared to the first few years of P&W's existence, so most of my reputation comes from said first few years. Like SRD said, that was accomplished mainly just by posting a lot and for long enough to become recognizable (in a positive way, that is). Not spam, just general responses, jokes, and otherwise that are even slightly above average. Be active and opportunistic, but don't try too hard (i.e. making 100 threads). Some posts are hits, some fall flat - but ultimately, it doesn't really matter, I just do this for shits and giggles/my own amusement. If you find intrinsic value in the experience, it's worth posting on the forums. 

An additional route aside from being a major alliance leader (because only crazy people do that by choice), contribute value to the community in some way. Ripper used to rake in a ton of positive rep from his P&W comics, for example. Your poem thread was also good! 

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
xzhPlEh.png?1

1 hour ago, Kurdanak said:

giphy.gif

Also, for a more serious answer re: OP - there was a solid 3-4 year gap where I didn't post much, if at all, and I still don't compared to the first few years of P&W's existence, so most of my reputation comes from said first few years. Like SRD said, that was accomplished mainly just by posting a lot and for long enough to become recognizable (in a positive way, that is). Not spam, just general responses, jokes, and otherwise that are even slightly above average. Be active and opportunistic, but don't try too hard (i.e. making 100 threads). Some posts are hits, some fall flat - but ultimately, it doesn't really matter, I just do this for shits and giggles/my own amusement. If you find intrinsic value in the experience, it's worth posting on the forums. 

An additional route aside from being a major alliance leader (because only crazy people do that by choice), contribute value to the community in some way. Ripper used to rake in a ton of positive rep from his P&W comics, for example. Your poem thread was also good! 

Although what he says is true, old Kurd here is just trying to protect his secret winning strategy and I don't blame him one bit for trying to hide it. His true strategy is to save all the memes he can from everything he reads and expertly deploy them later on in basically any hot thread. His collection is truly unparalleled and he has admitted to this already. You can also confirm this for yourself; he will read every single thread and post you make and has a meme prepared for any situation. His advice here is good for second place and he knows it, but the memes are his specialty so don't let him fool you.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Mayor said:

Although what he says is true, old Kurd here is just trying to protect his secret winning strategy and I don't blame him one bit for trying to hide it. His true strategy is to save all the memes he can from everything he reads and expertly deploy them later on in basically any hot thread. His collection is truly unparalleled and he has admitted to this already. You can also confirm this for yourself; he will read every single thread and post you make and has a meme prepared for any situation. His advice here is good for second place and he knows it, but the memes are his specialty so don't let him fool you.

Heh, I just google an appropriate meme when needs be. If I can't find a meme after a quick search or two, time to boot up Paint and get shit done.

That's just the way I roll, even though it does take a good hour or so to post anything truly worth the investment.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mayor said:

posting opsec smh

ZbvWkqH.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

On 2/28/2021 at 7:35 PM, Ripper said:

3e-4nuUM7qofBimlip7XHe1EVl9g3J2iYndBOIjp

Your post is broken bruh

On 2/28/2021 at 11:46 PM, Maia said:

Yeah but I am not about to get shat on by everybody, I look at Phoenyx's posts and I scroll down... holy shit
I see satan's army just going ham at him like they're eating a cheese burger at McDonalds.

On 3/1/2021 at 1:20 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

If he spams literal garbage, though, then he'll get b& before 1k updoots.

...Not to mention the lack of actual updoots from the effort would hamper progress somewhat too :P

Spoiler: I am not gonna go to Phoeny'x level

17 hours ago, Kurdanak said:

giphy.gif

I agree... you can like make memes, be funny in some topics... work hard to get these juicy upvotes but most importantly have fun
I wanna do something original... my poem thing was original and I feel like I should coup Bradley's alliance next to get upvotes
Or I can just post memes everywhere like how bawass does every time a forum post is posted.

15 hours ago, Mayor said:

Dude there are like 1 million memers in this community... do you think I would fit in anyways...? Well I will if I go 24/7 mode but I would rather do something unique ;)
Dw... I won't let the
man, the myth, the legend... the dude that got 28 members count, I got no idea what that means.... Kurd... I got no idea who Kurd is btw but he seems cool.

6 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Heh, I just google an appropriate meme when needs be. If I can't find a meme after a quick search or two, time to boot up Paint and get shit done.

That's just the way I roll, even though it does take a good hour or so to post anything truly worth the investment.

I would suggest asking Carthago to code you a bot where it makes you a meme in under 1 minute.
cheat the system by 90%

17 hours ago, Kurdanak said:

giphy.gif

Oh my god you're so funny... You're already funnier than Scratchy that was nominated for f u n n i e s t  d u d e  i n  o r b i s

Edited by Xaria

1 hour ago, Xaria said:

I would suggest asking Carthago to code you a bot where it makes you a meme in under 1 minute.

cheat the system by 90%

What, automate memery? Nope, nope nope, I might be a transhumanist and futurist but that's a bridge too far even for me. Some stoofs just have to be hand-made... even if there's good tools that the human mind can use to make it better or quicker, there's still got to be an originating human mind for properly creative efforts.

I wrote a poem on the subject actually:

It took a human to build it.
It took a human to break it.
It took a human to fix it.

-scarfy, 2/15/2021 (specifically about a cool incident where a vending machine broke in Chicago. Fun times, I should revisit that city one day... see if that old stall is still there...)