Poll: Iron Dome chance to block missile

Prefontaine

Chance to block a missile  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Should Iron Dome have a lower chance of block a missile? It is currently 50%

• Yes, Iron Dome should have a lower chance to block a missile
    • No, Iron Dome should not change and remain 50% to block a missile.
  2. 2. If yes, what should Iron Dome be reduced to?

This is just an unnecessary discussion. All it does is just further polarizing the community.  If you want to change the % from 50 to 40, I don’t even think you should be asking for feedback; just do it. It is immaterial change.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

12 hours ago, Murtaza said:

35 and 40 looks like a fair value right now

naw
gotta be 30
50% is 1/2 missiles get blocked
I'd want that to be 1/3 or 33%
So a fair value is 30-35%

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

As stated in the other thread, if the % is adjusted don’t pull a Blizzard and make the changes too drastic. Move the slider a small amount and then reassess. If it needs more then do that. It seems the voting suggests it doesn’t need touched but I do see both sides of the argument. 

In the real world, most missile defense systems are pretty bad. The only one I know of that even is remotely close to being 100% effective is the Iron Dome, which is only 90-100% accurate, but most of the missiles they deal with aren't military-grade. They deal with missiles that are more homemade that are launched by insurgents. However, afaik, the Russians asked the Syrians not to use the missile defense systems given to them, however, I'm not sure about that.

Edited by Anun Tidera
  • Upvote 1

On 2/25/2021 at 6:26 PM, zigbigadorlou said:

This exactly. This is the kind of balance thing that everyone has a vested interest in. I don't think we should get a say since the community will be divided based on what benefits them.

Which is dumb, I think. People should be voting for what benefits the whole game. But I know that's an unrealistic expectation. 

I voted yes. I'm divided between enjoying the enemy waste his MAPs on attack that did nothing, and wanting to get into top 10s...

Benefiting the game as a whole, well that is one hard question. Don't think it'll impact game in any meanigfull way, other than add a bit of weight on missiles, which up till now are mostly "USE IF ENEMY DOESN'T HAVE ID, OTHERWISE DON'T USE AT ALL". With a lowered ID chance, they become a viable option again. Still not the best, but viable. So I guess it adds a bit more variety and complexity to game war mehanics, so it makes it a benefit for game as a whole.

slika.png.df4292b057a8bc626e9ef3686d96a2f7.png

slika.thumb.png.f202869e1b321b0b728cc4cccb72db5b.png

slika.thumb.png.c9910b17bc79b11c71c71c60dccf3670.png

• Upvote 2

tvPWtuA.gif

I voted no change, because I already did the math and missiles are still a very workable thing at 50% blocking.

However, having a true 50% roll every time can get frustrating, so maybe it would be better to weigh and scale the odds to favor the same relative number of landings but a distribution that feels less random.

A tough ask, but there are certainly ways to do it.

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2021 at 9:11 AM, Prefontaine said:

There was talk about reducing the way ID works regarding blocking missiles, there was also talk about changing the odds of a missile being blocked. Please vote. 

Honest question, why are so many proposals to this game always designed to make it easier for raiders and those who’ve essentially lost a war to rip down the victorious side’s infra?   This proposal honestly doesn’t make any sense to me whatsoever.   

This is why I sent you that PM the other day. Our stat system in this game is completely flawed.  It counts high dollar infra and makes that a god stat, but takes no account whatsoever for the econ damage and daily revenue that is lost by both sides.  It doesn’t factor in decom costs for bankrupt military strategy either.    So....let’s make iron dome as worthless as vital defense so the winning side can take even more damage?   Mind boggling.  Smh.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4