Baseball Streamlining

Aqua-Corpsman

Baseball, the one mechanic everyone tries out and realizes how boring and repetitive it is.

I've invested almost 50m in my team, and I'm almost ready to just give up on it. Why? 

I'm tired of having to click, refresh, click, refresh, click, refresh click click click, refresh etc. It's annoying, inefficient and boring. 

Let's start from the beginning, yeah? When you first open your baseball team, your stadium is Chernobyl and the players are a bunch of irradiated flesh bags who can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground. You have to invest ~40m to have a team that works, and that system is kinda broken. Firstly, it's either all or nothing. There is no point in upgrading your players half-way. Also, there are two buttons for upgrading your players.

"Each upgrade costs $2,000 and has a random chance of improving the chosen stat anywhere between 0.15-0.35. You can train your players in bulk using the red button, which costs $20,000 and has a random chance of improving the chosen stat anywhere between 1-3."

This never made sense, and for the sake of efficiency, I clicked on each player ~500 times to upgrade them the slow way. I understand the point of it, but it seems dumb. Yah it's more efficient, but why? It's so arbitrary and it doesn't give nearly a large enough benefit to warrant clicking that button 500 times. May I remind you, the page has to refresh every time. Refresh, scroll, click. Rinse and repeat 500 times. For a measly little bonus that in the end is negligible compared to how much you are spending on it. And then THEY RETIRE! And you get a new one right back at level 1 again.

In order to possibly pay off the 40m, you have to literally play all day and hope that someone actually plays against you. Every day. For the whole however long it takes for your oldest player to retire. Then you have to pay again. Then, after a few more days, you may see an ounce of profit.

Btw, that was just getting started and an overview. The whole ticket system/stadium is silly. The max you can possibly ever get from a baseball game is $25k. That's with a 100 point team vs. 100 point team in a 100/100 stadium. You can never increase that, and the "away" player doesn't get anything unless they win. If they win they get a whole $500. What sort of bs is that? What national baseball team gets $500 for winning an international game? So, the away player usually charges a fee. Depending on the player, it can get pretty high. That already small $25k can get cut in HALF!

But that'd be all well and good if it was more efficient. But no. It's tedious and enraging to have to click literally 5 times, while the page refreshes every time, to just LOOK if a game is ready. Then you can refresh the page there, because if you do it right after you open a game it breaks. There is no dynamic, nothing new or interesting, nothing to keep someone entertained while they mindlessly click and refresh all day.

THEN THERE IS A CAP ON HOW MUCH YOU CAN EARN! After a certain amount of games, you get like 10% of what you normally get! Like, wtf?? I put all this effort in and the time and have resisted going insane for long enough to play this many games, and as an insult to injury there is a fricking cap on it. 

Why? Just why?

Now, here's the solution. Have somewhat of a minigame and larger payouts. Even if it's just a chance game like Keno, or maybe trivia or guess the number or something. When you host a game you give your answer and when you go away you give an answer and whoever is correct gets a lot of money plus the person who hosted the game gets some money as well. That's more fun and interactive. Obviously you'd have to increase the payout a lot, but I think a $50k payout for hosting the game and a $100k payout for winning isn't world ending. Maybe a more reasonable amount would be $25k for hosting and $50k for winning.

What's everyone's opinion/thoughts on this?

To add on, the minigame could be made easier with better players. If you want something like Keno, then the higher your team rating is the less numbers there are to pick from.

• Upvote 2

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

14 minutes ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

Now, here's the solution. Have somewhat of a minigame and larger payouts. Even if it's just a chance game like Keno, or maybe trivia or guess the number or something. When you host a game you give your answer and when you go away you give an answer and whoever is correct gets a lot of money plus the person who hosted the game gets some money as well. That's more fun and interactive. Obviously you'd have to increase the payout a lot, but I think a $50k payout for hosting the game and a $100k payout for winning isn't world ending. Maybe a more reasonable amount would be $25k for hosting and $50k for winning.

I am not sure if a trivia quiz would be the right quiz, but everything is better than the button spam.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BelgiumFury said:

I am not sure if a trivia quiz would be the right quiz, but everything is better than the button spam.

Well I was thinking something that requires thought. Maybe a pop math quiz that you get a few seconds to answer or something.

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.