The Boom In Nuclear Trade [Make Nukes Tradeable]

BelgiumFury

(Don't mind the pun)
The idea is simple enough, allow nations to buy or sell nukes.

A nation can buy nukes from any other nations if they themselves have the nuclear project (and the other nation obviously does too). The price would be dictated by the market.
You might wonder why; the answer to that is war time trade. Nations would be able to buy nukes or sell nukes as long as they are not blockaded and have the projects.
This might give an incentive to blockade more people, for the winners in a war to buy up a lot of the nukes (as to not let themselves be nuked), and similar; it could also be a way for pirates to generate some revenue when a big world war is going on. As a last example it could be used by people who stock nukes to distribute them to their alliance mates as to not lose them all to spies.

I am not sure if nukes bought should have a protection timer. But I am open for suggestions on this (or anything else i brought up).

I think it could add an interesting dynamic both in world wars (as mentioned) and in raids, with raiders able to retaliate harder against high infra counters.

I also thought about doing the same for missiles but i'm not sure if this would work as well.

~~BelgiumFury
(written in own name)

• Downvote 3

this would cause a couple issues, like moving nukes around in an alliance when an operator with a large stockpile has gotten his spies wiped, and it being essentially a way to circumvent military build reset and military upkeep cost of maintaining a large stockpile.

you could have 0 nukes declare on 6 people, get 3 counters and then when your MAPs hit 12 on all wars, buy 9 nukes and nuke all of them with them having no way to stop you.

Edited by Deborah Kobayashi
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Deborah Kobayashi said:

this would cause a couple issues, like moving nukes around in an alliance when an operator with a large stockpile has gotten his spies wiped, and it being essentially a way to circumvent military build reset and military upkeep cost of maintaining a large stockpile.

you could have 0 nukes declare on 6 people, get 3 counters and then when your MAPs hit 12 on all wars, buy 9 nukes and nuke all of them with them having no way to stop you.

Well it would not circumvent upkeep cost, it would only move them. 
This is hwoever a good reason to remove protection for traded nukes (being able to be insta destroyed)
You would not be able to do the last example you listed, because people would be incentivised to blockade you.

11 hours ago, MinesomeMC said:

Someone really does not like being nuked :P

3 minutes ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

Refer to the Black Market suggestion.

Yeah i did not remember this post. It is interesting, I am not sure how good it would work for every type of unit, but it is interesting. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 10:42 AM, BelgiumFury said:

Well it would not circumvent upkeep cost, it would only move them. 
You would not be able to do the last example you listed, because people would be incentivised to blockade you. 

as for the upkeep cost, the purchaser is not effected by the selller's upkeep cost, as well as the fact that 9 people can build and sell them that turn before paying upkeep, then the purchaser can fire before paying upkeep, essentially gaining the power to build and launch multiple nukes, instead of paying upkeep for days as they build up their stockpile and risking them being wiped.

an alliance or coalition could easily coordinate both the breaking of blockades and the build and sell and launch on an enemy on one turn, so noone pays upkeeps, just the build price.
and a solo attacker could easily pay someone to break blockades or run max ships

they can also just buy 3 extra Nukes before being countered, so that even if the 3 daily ops are used to wipe nukes, they are not stopped. and can do this every round unless you're rotating blockades on them.

there is also the politcal mess this would cause, as there could be a "neutral" alliance in a conflict serving as a Nuke Factory & Storage for one side of the conflict.

for this to ever work there would have to be caps & restricitions 
a cap on how many you can buy per turn/per day
a requirement for the nuke to be a turn or day old to sell.
and so on..

Edited by Deborah Kobayashi
  • Upvote 2