Iron Dome Rework

Prefontaine

IRON DOME rework poll  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Should Iron Dome reduce infra damage from missiles by 50% or stay how it works now

• Iron Dome reduces infra Damage by 50%
    • Iron Dome blocks 100% of the damage 50% of the time. CURRENT METHOD

Please vote in poll.

Resistance lost will have to be reworked if all missiles hit but reduce damage. This poll is not to handle that aspect, but if this poll decides to go the re-work route we will discuss what impact missiles will have on resistance moving forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

scSqPGJ.gif

7 minutes ago, Malleator said:

Isn't it effectively the same thing except option two is more immersive?

A 50-50 chance means you can pull bad RNG for your entire play time and never get a missile through the dome.
On the other hand, someone out there might have excessive luck and never have a single missile miss due to iron-dome

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Malleator said:

Isn't it effectively the same thing except option two is more immersive?

Resistance =/= infra damage. I've definitely missed some beiges due to bad rolls

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

47 minutes ago, Lord Tyrion said:

I'm in favor of nerfing all loser weapons (nukes/missles/soldier suicides).

Then the status quo is better. since infra costs increase exponentially, two missiles who do 50% damage on two different 2000 inrfa cities is alot more damage than 1 missile doing 100% damage on one 2000 infra city.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

Screw RNG

But of course, by keeping it, you can have the privilege to laugh at the inferiority of your opponents RNG when the Iron Dome manages to block a missile attack 

Edited by Mutsu
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

Sultan of United Ummah, Head of Foreign Affairs.
Inshallah, I will get some sleep.

FASmolVerHorizontalForum.png.82b81d9b6d799994f6c2bd11894f54c8.png

So guaranteed improvement sniped, and guaranteed resistance damage.

Yeah this makes iron dome completely worthless, if you implement this I want a refund.

Its one thing to tweak a project after releasing it on live, but completely changing it to what is essentially a completely different project, with an entirely different function, since most people with iron domes didnt build them to protect infra anyways, is just completely ridiculous.

Edited by Deborah Kobayashi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Deborah Kobayashi said:

So guaranteed improvement sniped, and guaranteed resistance damage.

Yeah this makes iron dome completely worthless, if you implement this I want a refund.

Take a refund then. It's like what... 6m? For blocking 50% missiles? Yea, no 😛

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Lord Tyrion said:

I'm in favor of nerfing all loser weapons (nukes/missles/soldier suicides).

This buffs missiles, 

You would no longer be able to hold any one with a missile pad under a 5 day blockade or let it expire, theyd just beige you.

All missiles would always hit an improvement, and always hit your resistance.

3 minutes ago, Isjaki said:

Take a refund then. It's like what... 6m? For blocking 50% missiles? Yea, no 😛

I was just being dramatic, id probably just perma VM.

Under the new proposal ID would get 50% infra and less resistance (probably 9) and with the new buff - block 1/2 improvements being destroyed. It's cutting missile effectiveness exactly in half (maybe a bit less because infra damage on two cities is more expensive than one). I think a 50% reduction is the core purpose of ID, even though this method seems a bit more mechanical. 

The current buffs alone with no change means 50% chance of blocking and if the missile gets through, only one improvement destroyed instead of two. Taken together ID makes missiles 75% less effective in destroying improvements. That's too much. 

What if they just make ID and VD function the same? - 25% chance of being shot down, reduce improvements destroyed by 1. 

5 hours ago, Justin076 said:

improve the losing sides ability to inflict damage and keep the individual player active

If you want the game to not be boring, and to be fun, and not be dropped, and to be played, as to not be ignored for months during our half year long wars, or to actually be actively played by the players.

If you don't care about players you wouldn't do so, while if you care about players you would do so.

To say so in as few words as possible. I can't stress enough the importance of making the *video game* actually playable by a player at all times while being fun and engaging and not just when other people in the meta game decide so. Other than maybe using the test server to test things, this can't be anything but the most important thing to do if you actually want people to play your game.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, KiWilliam said:

If you want the game to not be boring, and to be fun, and not be dropped, and to be played, as to not be ignored for months during our half year long wars, or to actually be actively played by the players.

If you don't care about players you wouldn't do so, while if you care about players you would do so.

To say so in as few words as possible. I can't stress enough the importance of making the *video game* actually playable by a player at all times while being fun and engaging and not just when other people in the meta game decide so. Other than maybe using the test server to test things, this can't be anything but the most important thing to do if you actually want people to play your game.

You'd be absolutely shocked at how many people I've argued with, at varying levels of alliance leadership / dev team involvement / admin involvement, who think the exact opposite. Somehow quite a few people have talked themselves into the circular logic that if complete destruction of a player isn't possible then we'll always have permawar and everyone will quit anyway... Nevermind the people who will quit from being sat on for months or all cities destroyed.

It's scary.

22 hours ago, Justin076 said:

A change is well overdue. We've all been on the losing sides of a war and we all know how ridiculously OP Iron Dome is. Either nerf Iron Dome or increase missile construction capability. For literal years we've been trying to improve the losing sides ability to inflict damage and keep the individual player active and this is one of the best ways of doing so. Zeroed players, whose only option is to lob a nuke and/or one or two missiles per day against 3-8 opponents shouldn't deal with 50/50 odds. 

Agreed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 2/23/2021 at 10:23 AM, Justin076 said:

Either nerf Iron Dome or increase missile construction capability. 

Construction has been increased in the thread that spawned this poll. If approved MLP will allow for 2 missiles a day, Space Program allows another missile per day. 

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

On 2/20/2021 at 10:41 AM, Isjaki said:

50% is obscenely high and makes ID too OP. 50% infra protection makes it more balanced, given ID prices.

I can agree to lowering if missile rate increases

Edited by Deborah Kobayashi