[Treaty] The Dominion and Human Over Pave the Road for Peaceful Relations

Agathor

I see Aqua crying about something on forums. I press red arrow. Just another day in the life of Havgle.

"Havgle is a piece of sh*t" -probably everyone in Orbis

Havglerepmeme.gif

On 3/3/2021 at 10:44 AM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

What are you guys crying about?  NAPs are the strongest treaties one can sign.   For you only nap with the ones you trust the most.

Only the greatest and durable friendships start with a NAP. You know you have a relationship of true worth when it can be described in terms of standardized legal non-binding commitments toward each other.

Erudite folk might point to !@#$ Germany and the USSRs NAP in the late 1930’s, but I think most people know in their heart of hearts that the real reason that relationship did not work out was because each party felt too much raw, animal passion for the other. Some historians say that both Hitler and Stalin felt jilted by the other, not in Germany’s eventual abrogation of the treaty, but ironically at the moment of signing. They both wanted more from each other, and both settled for a NAP; both were frustrated and jealous of the arrangement. You see, USSR had a ‘special friend’ in the east, and would not give them up for the Nazis - and the latter could not be convinced even when Stalin sacrificed his military leadership and few ethnic groups in a sort romantic gesture of sacrifice and commitment to his jealous companion. In a fit of jealous rage, Hitler attacked his sweetheart wanting Stalin’s huge tracts of land all to himself, when what he really might have wanted was an ODP. Ironically, so might have Stalin.

A successful NAP rests on an even tempered assessment of the other party, a focus on interests over positions, and a genuine curiosity about the other party. It is a commitment to patience, to evolution, to watching Slow TV together at some point and being content whether it happens again or not. A NAP shows that each party antes the goodwill to see where the relationship takes them, opens themselves to the potential to be hurt, and seeks to grow through the dance that is life. It is the romantic’s favourite place to be - full of hope and wonder at the possibilities and positions that lie ahead, and the tender game of manifesting such visions.

Thank you for not berating the romantic who bandies such trifles as NAPs with more worth than many friends and allies do with more ‘serious’ tokens of trust and love. Cynicism may be more reliable in the long run, but even it must yield to the preservation of what it is not, if only in the forlorn hope of salvation. It is good to know we are not alone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

1 hour ago, Buck Turgidson said:

Only the greatest and durable friendships start with a NAP. You know you have a relationship of true worth when it can be described in terms of standardized legal non-binding commitments toward each other.

Erudite folk might point to !@#$ Germany and the USSRs NAP in the late 1930’s, but I think most people know in their heart of hearts that the real reason that relationship did not work out was because each party felt too much raw, animal passion for the other. Some historians say that both Hitler and Stalin felt jilted by the other, not in Germany’s eventual abrogation of the treaty, but ironically at the moment of signing. They both wanted more from each other, and both settled for a NAP; both were frustrated and jealous of the arrangement. You see, USSR had a ‘special friend’ in the east, and would not give them up for the Nazis - and the latter could not be convinced even when Stalin sacrificed his military leadership and few ethnic groups in a sort romantic gesture of sacrifice and commitment to his jealous companion. In a fit of jealous rage, Hitler attacked his sweetheart wanting Stalin’s huge tracts of land all to himself, when what he really might have wanted was an ODP. Ironically, so might have Stalin.

A successful NAP rests on an even tempered assessment of the other party, a focus on interests over positions, and a genuine curiosity about the other party. It is a commitment to patience, to evolution, to watching Slow TV together at some point and being content whether it happens again or not. A NAP shows that each party antes the goodwill to see where the relationship takes them, opens themselves to the potential to be hurt, and seeks to grow through the dance that is life. It is the romantic’s favourite place to be - full of hope and wonder at the possibilities and positions that lie ahead, and the tender game of manifesting such visions.

Thank you for not berating the romantic who bandies such trifles as NAPs with more worth than many friends and allies do with more ‘serious’ tokens of trust and love. Cynicism may be more reliable in the long run, but even it must yield to the preservation of what it is not, if only in the forlorn hope of salvation. It is good to know we are not alone.

I- uh- all right? I'll take your word for it.

Edited by Nukey6

OMG who could have downvoted my inspiring work? Surely a loveless cynic.

• Haha 1

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.