Nova's not so Secret War Update

Viselli

:( 

Screenshot_20240324_192453_650x175.webp.371a50f212b24d8a1b47b600fff6903f.webp
Hammer Councillor of The Lost Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order, Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines

• 1 month later...

So you have your revenge. What of it? It still doesn't disguise the fact that NR blowing up the way it did crippled TKR-bloc during Surf's Up. And as I mentioned on your Discord, Pantheon was less something that did you in but rather something that sat around and outlasted you. The actual kill-switch was Akuryo, and certain others not in Pantheon. Hence it's actually pretty bad to declare victory in this way; it's like declaring victory when the car company that produced the vehicle for the drive-by that did you in went under.

Edited by Cherise

Given I was on both sides during this war, I'm officially declaring victory. Some people believe Nova won, some believe Pantheon did, but we can all agree that I was on the winning side.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, namukara said:

Given I was on both sides during this war, I'm officially declaring victory. Some people believe Nova won, some believe Pantheon did, but we can all agree that I was on the winning side.

Alternately, you can say you were on both losing sides, since Pantheon was losing up to and including the point where you defected, and then the Pooball scandal broke out and Original BK cleaned up the mess.

There was some effective raiding and counter-work being done from Pantheon, but I noted to our side that we were overextended (i.e, no reserves) during the last Pantheon counter-chain.

===

That said, I'll give props to Pooball (not for the cheating, but for the military tactics). Hitting a meatshield during preliminary wars leading up to a global is usually a terrible idea, and absorbing members from the alliance you're wrecking is usually also a terrible idea (they're fair weather friends), but when you put it together, it actually achieved strategic effect.

Edited by Cherise