I'm not wearing my mask.

Sir Scarfalot

I'm not wearing my mask.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Why not?

• I am at my computer, in my own home, without any concerns for my safety because when I go out into the world I take all appropriate precautions and ensure that I feel comfortable to my own personal standards
    • I wore my mask but my family got Covid anyway and it didn't work
    • fuk u shut up scrfy you shitbag

4:13 i c wut u did thar you told me masks werok but i cot govid u lied cos i maskd up see with my face in my arm my awesum nekkid arm but mom died I h8 u -scurfy

...For reference, no, my family is fine. I wear a full-scale N95 every time I leave my property and go into town, for any reason, and my dear old parents and their dear old friends are doing just fine for the most part.

They don't leave, I do, because I am younger and healthier and therefore at less risk, nmnl*

*No more, but certainly nothing less

• Like 1

In my opinion, if you are going to get COVID then you are going to get it.

My father is an E.R Doctor and I am/was a (certified, but not currently working) EMT. My father got COVID despite having to undergo rigorous safety precautions that hindered his ability to work, and there are other people who do absolutely everything they can to avoid getting sick and they get sick anyways. I am not against common sense precautions, but there is truly a point of diminishing return and I would argue that we have far past that point.

Sometimes people are absurd with their precautions, take my school for example. You are allowed to drink water...
As long as you lift the mask UP instead of pulling it DOWN. Oh and all the water fountains are shut off and the cafeteria is strictly off limits until lunch. Oh oh, and all the windows are open! In Upstate NY! IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER! Cuz ventilation! When do you call shenanigans and say enough is enough?

Also, !@#$ MatPat. He was a cool guy when he started out but he is way too political in videos about video games, and he is a bit of an egotistical brat in my expert opinion on the subject. Considering I am the epitome of an egotistical brat. 

Edited by Aqua-Corpsman
haters gonna hate <.<
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

33 minutes ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

In my opinion, if you are going to get COVID then you are going to get it.

My father is an E.R Doctor and I am/was a (certified, but not currently working) EMT. My father got COVID despite having to undergo rigorous safety precautions that hindered his ability to work, and there are other people who do absolutely everything they can to avoid getting sick and they get sick anyways. I am not against common sense precautions, but there is truly a point of diminishing return and I would argue that we have far past that point.

Sometimes people are absurd with their precautions, take my school for example. You are allowed to drink water...
As long as you lift the mask UP instead of pulling it DOWN. Oh and all the water fountains are shut off and the cafeteria is strictly off limits until lunch. Oh oh, and all the windows are open! In Upstate NY! IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER! Cuz ventilation! When do you call shenanigans and say enough is enough?

Also, !@#$ MatPat. He was a cool guy when he started out but he is way too political in videos about video games, and he is a bit of an egotistical brat in my expert opinion on the subject. Considering I am the epitome of an egotistical brat. 

Haters gonna hate, indeed.

I'm glad I helped you out with my stupid shitpost.

And I'm sorry it was so stupid. I really do respect you.

-scarfy

That said, what you've got here is a standard-issue case of people in charge that plain don't know how to be in charge, so they want to do something, so they choose to do what they are familiar with in order to feel like they've 'done something'.

In your case, you've gone and seen how leaders react when they don't know how to react to something that scares them. To be fair, they're not scared of the virus, they're scared of losing their loved ones and careers instead. So it's understandable they'll make rules that sound good *to them*, even when those rules are in no way shape or form helpful to their charges. They're not scared of doing their jobs badly, they know how to do that, but they're scared of losing what they truly care about in life, so they're scared of the symbol that Covid represents.

A symbol on a very high pedestal, as you are of course professionally aware and have perfectly described.

They hate you and your expertise, because they know painfully well how bad things can get if they aren't the one that are helpful to their charges.

Like, really painfully. It physically hurts them to confront that fact, so they choose not to confront it and instead choose to believe a lie.

...I think.

...Am I wrong?

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Like 1

Wearing a mask in public is essential to keeping everyone safe. It may not be 100% effective, but nothing is. It's about minimizing risk and slowing down the virus. People who don't wear a mask are only hurting themselves and others. If you're not wearing a mask, go ahead and die for all I care, but you're causing great harm to others who are trying to stay safe. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Havgle is a piece of sh*t" -probably everyone in Orbis

Havglerepmeme.gif

2 minutes ago, Havgle said:

Wearing a mask in public is essential to keeping everyone safe. It may not be 100% effective, but nothing is. It's about minimizing risk and slowing down the virus. People who don't wear a mask are only hurting themselves and others. If you're not wearing a mask, go ahead and die for all I care, but you're causing great harm to others who are trying to stay safe. 

EXACTLY

&#33;@#&#036; SAKE

I've been saying that from the START

reeeee.

-scurfy

By the way, pretty sure it's not because the mask protects *you* from covid, it's because the mask keeps you from *spreading* the covid

And therefore if two people wear a mask, two people are safe, but if one takes his mask off then two people are in grave and mortal peril

@Aqua-Corpsman?

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

9 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Haters gonna hate, indeed.

I'm glad I helped you out with my stupid shitpost.

And I'm sorry it was so stupid. I really do respect you.

-scarfy

That said, what you've got here is a standard-issue case of people in charge that plain don't know how to be in charge, so they want to do something, so they choose to do what they are familiar with in order to feel like they've 'done something'.

In your case, you've gone and seen how leaders react when they don't know how to react to something that scares them. To be fair, they're not scared of the virus, they're scared of losing their loved ones and careers instead. So it's understandable they'll make rules that sound good *to them*, even when those rules are in no way shape or form helpful to their charges.

Because they know painfully well how bad things can get if they aren't helpful to their charges.

Like, really painfully. It physically hurts them to confront that fact, so they choose not to confront it and instead choose to believe a lie.

...I think.

...Am I wrong?

No no, youre right on the money. I am almost ready to believe its a political thing as well.

Not political like "oH tHeY aRe TaKiNg ThEiR rIgHtS aWaY" kind of political, but political in the sense that one side has dug in to be very pro-precaution and another side is very anti-precaution while both sides shift ever so steadily to be more radical in their beliefs. Of course, this is not the only case where this is going on but its clear as day.

2 years ago, if you asked someone who now supports all these precautions their opinion on them they'd probably be against them and vice versa with those who are anti precautions. 

I also have an Auto-Immune Disorder, so I wear a N95 when in public. I also think it's comfortable and warm in the freezing temperatures I so frequently work in. But sometimes it's hard to hear, and if communication is essential, I'll slip my mask down to enunciate. I have gotten in trouble for that more times than I can count. I am aware of the risks that are present, most certainly with me, but I do not wish to cut my nose off to spite my face.

9 minutes ago, Havgle said:

Read above.

If you need to give sensitive directions, or are doing strenuous/dangerous work, a mask will cause more harm than good.

Edited by Aqua-Corpsman
  • Like 1

To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)

5 minutes ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

No no, youre right on the money. I am almost ready to believe its a political thing as well.

Not political like "oH tHeY aRe TaKiNg ThEiR rIgHtS aWaY" kind of political, but political in the sense that one side has dug in to be very pro-precaution and another side is very anti-precaution while both sides shift ever so steadily to be more radical in their beliefs. Of course, this is not the only case where this is going on but its clear as day.

2 years ago, if you asked someone who now supports all these precautions their opinion on them they'd probably be against them and vice versa with those who are anti precautions. 

I also have an Auto-Immune Disorder, so I wear a N95 when in public. I also think it's comfortable and warm in the freezing temperatures I so frequently work in. But sometimes it's hard to hear, and if communication is essential, I'll slip my mask down to enunciate. I have gotten in trouble for that more times than I can count. I am aware of the risks that are present, most certainly with me, but I do not wish to cut my nose off to spite my face.

Read above.

If you need to give sensitive directions, or are doing strenuous/dangerous work, a mask will cause more harm than good.

Oh so THAT'S why the cop that pulled me over had no mask.

....&#33;@#&#036; sake, why didn't they just SAY that instead of "NO MASK $100 FINE"

little stupid shits in city hall god damn

...Do your N95s have a special coating, by the way? Something, uh, coppery? Kinda smelly? Ish? I'm not describing this well

Also, do you have strong opinions on the subject? Do you have a professional interest in the subject?

Then that subject is, indeed, political, at least in terms of your own personal interests.

It just doesn't have to be divisive

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Sir Scarfalot said:

...Do your N95s have a special coating, by the way? Something, uh, coppery? Kinda smelly? Ish? I'm not describing this well

wuh?

I mean...no? 😂

1 minute ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

wuh?

I mean...no? 😂

!@#$ mine are fake then

I spent hundreds on a big box of...

argh. I thought they were real because they had an "antimicrobial coating", and they suck in really deep when I breathe, but I liked them because I can still breathe ok when wearing them

but I got sold snake oil

I am a dumb ;-;

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

Read above.

Have you ever heard of enunciating? 

Edited by Havgle
you saw nothing
  • Like 1

"Havgle is a piece of sh*t" -probably everyone in Orbis

Havglerepmeme.gif

Just now, Havgle said:

Have you ever heard of annunciating? 

*enunciating 

Clearly you don't work in the conditions I described. I have a friend who works for AJ Sign Co and is always around heavy machinery. Out working with million dollar equipment, extremely loud machines, thousand of pounds of steel and freezing temperatures, having to be forced to wear a mask is ignorant at best.

I have another friend who is a paramedic and has to give directions to his EMTs and talk to the patient, and miscommunication runs rampent.

This is most evident in Emergency Rooms, as my father described. My father works in Louisiana and is from NY. Not only is accent a communication issue, but now he sounds muffled under all his gear. Imagine in an emergency he orders a nurse to give hypotonic saline but instead she thinks he said hypertonic saline and boom malpractice case. Ez pz, patient is dead nurse is fired and my father is sued. 

1 minute ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

*enunciating 

Clearly you don't work in the conditions I described. I have a friend who works for AJ Sign Co and is always around heavy machinery. Out working with million dollar equipment, extremely loud machines, thousand of pounds of steel and freezing temperatures, having to be forced to wear a mask is ignorant at best.

I have another friend who is a paramedic and has to give directions to his EMTs and talk to the patient, and miscommunication runs rampent.

This is most evident in Emergency Rooms, as my father described. My father works in Louisiana and is from NY. Not only is accent a communication issue, but now he sounds muffled under all his gear. Imagine in an emergency he orders a nurse to give hypotonic saline but instead she thinks he said hypertonic saline and boom malpractice case. Ez pz, patient is dead nurse is fired and my father is sued. 

SHIT

so THAT is why my grandmother died.... ....well, it is *part* of it, at least.

You see, my grandmother was very old, and needed 24/7 care... so the hospital financiers didn't care, either. She was gonna die no matter what, so hurry up and stop costing us money. Know what I mean? They had a young and lazy &#33;@#&#036; nurse who didn't want to put in the effort of moving my grandmother to a different room, so she whined at her boss.

In front of my own mother. In front of her patient's medically trained, if not professionally experienced, daughter.

...Yeah. She was corrected in an instant and ran the !@#$ away from my family. Good for her, if she'd doubled down....... mom would have been upset, and she is at the end of the day a human mind.

Not that I blame them, mind you! At the end of the day, it is a business to the financiers, since they must present themselves as wolves in order to protect themselves, their investments, and their responsibilities as a whole from truly monstrous people that do exactly the same things. They are, after all, humans.

-scarfy

7 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

SHIT

so THAT is why my grandmother died.... ....well, it is *part* of it, at least.

You see, my grandmother was very old, and needed 24/7 care... so the hospital financiers didn't care, either. She was gonna die no matter what, so hurry up and stop costing us money. Know what I mean? They had a young and lazy &#33;@#&#036; nurse who didn't want to put in the effort of moving my grandmother to a different room, so she whined at her boss.

In front of my own mother. In front of her patient's medically trained, if not professionally experienced, daughter.

...Yeah. She was corrected in an instant and ran the !@#$ away from my family. Good for her, if she'd doubled down....... mom would have been upset, and she is at the end of the day a human mind.

Not that I blame them, mind you! At the end of the day, it is a business to the financiers, since they must present themselves as wolves in order to protect themselves, their investments, and their responsibilities as a whole from truly monstrous people that do exactly the same things. They are, after all, humans.

-scarfy

That's....not what I mean. That nurse is just an asshat. My father is known for being a pretty good doctor, albeit a bit unorthodox. He's had malpractice cases before for less and lost everything. He would do anything for his patients but a miscommunication is out of his control, and to the board of directors is no different than euthanasia lol.

Edited by Aqua-Corpsman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

That's....not what I mean. That nurse is just an asshat. My father is known for being a pretty good doctor, albeit a bit unorthodox. He's had malpractice cases before for less and lost everything. He would do anything for his patients but a miscommunication is out of his control, and to the board of directors is no different than euthanasia lol.

Wait what

You're telling me that....

...that wasn't an everyday thing in the medical world?

That her boss really was just trying to keep my mother, my mother, her client, comfortable? I mean when she failed to vocally resonate with how my mother felt at the time?

That... my grandmother... had people... that cared for her, even in her darkest hours?

Do not dare lie to me. I would not like that. And my father is a lawyer, of sorts, as am I. Of sorts. Privately. ...Why am I telling you that? Stoppit I'm rambling again

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
ramblramble
  • Haha 1