RIP Pantheon and a shoutout to Nova Riata and its members - You are trash

Mars

Pantheon probably should've been destroyed but it should've happened as a result of the community failing to fight for it's existence through competent membership and administration. 

This seems like an artificial death and I think that cringe. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

Pantheon is so bland. I can't think of one thing they did that was different or innovative. I can imagine the type of people that join also eat mayonnaise straight out of the jar and watch paint dry as a hobby. 

Edited by Deulos
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deulos said:

Pantheon is so bland. I can't think of one thing they did that was different or innovative. I can imagine the type of people that join also mayonnaise straight out of the jar and watch paint dry as a hobby. 

Pantheon was sh*t for a long time, but it raised great people who would later show their potential in other Alliances, after they escaped the Pantheon "bubble".

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

5 minutes ago, Deulos said:

Pantheon is so bland. I can't think of one thing they did that was different or innovative. I can imagine the type of people that join also eat mayonnaise straight out of the jar and watch paint dry as a hobby. 

this is the best analogy in this thread lmfao.

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

1 hour ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

this is the best analogy in this thread lmfao.

Well, you're not wrong... but I think they're also the kind o people who choose to go to scary movies and watch things explode as a hobby, too. I think they also enjoy depictions of nature, especially predators pouncing upon an animal for the purposes of eating it.

which means they like those predators

whcih means they understand those predators

and they just dun wanna be prey. nmnl.

do we have an understanding? Ofc we do.

-scarfy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, you're not wrong... but I think they're also the kind o people who choose to go to scary movies and watch things explode as a hobby, too. I think they also enjoy depictions of nature, especially predators pouncing upon an animal for the purposes of eating it.

which means they like those predators

whcih means they understand those predators

and they just dun wanna be prey. nmnl.

do we have an understanding? Ofc we do.

-scarfy

Nah, the only thing Pantheon could prey on would be a McDonalds Happy Meal.

• Haha 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

3 hours ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

Nah, the only thing Pantheon could prey on would be a McDonalds Happy Meal.

True but they wanna be wofly anyway.

dox they wanna.

after all they wolf down their happy meal, so why not wolf down their prey too?

nmnl. go sleep foo :P

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

• 1 month later...

There was an agreement to put up a NR flag for like 24-48 hours. That got changed to some kind of NR meme, and then the NR meme was taken down after pressure / breakdown of relationship with the secondary coup.

In either case, I'm quite happy that this kind of bashing occurred; I was not fond of NR's operation nor the fact that it apparently operated an infinite cash glitch for months without being detected. I got to keep my deal (to some extent) as well as to watch it backfire on NR. NR is NR; we might disagree on GPWC's generation, but to the best of my knowledge they were the biggest exploiters to date.

@Charles Bolivar

Double coup, which was decidedly unadvised, unless if you were planning to kill the thing, then a negotiated settlement to buy the thing out. While I was pretty much on board with killing the alliance off once it was obvious the second coup was lethal (neither Epimetheus nor myself had the clout with the government members to keep it functioning, and somehow Epi's promises of protectorates to provide stability fell through), I was not fond of how it was killed off. The members should have been let in on what had happened, as well as be given options (as opposed to bullshit, some of which I had provided) as to what to do with Pantheon being tombstoned.

Many people who were in Pantheon at the time of the coup left for Brotherhood Family, to something like a 34-member alliance (it's now 57). To some extent, I wonder if it was a negotiated killing; i.e, people were tired of the Pantheon brand name, and Dusty was given charge from Kosove / Six knowing full well what would have happened. BroFam was given top billing once I had authorization to tell people that the "show's over".

Edited by Cherise

Mars?

Is this the same Mars that was the leader of some trash micro during the TCW war a few months ago, that abandoned his alliance when it got rolled only to show up at the last minute to torpedo the peace talks that were a sig away from completion.  Which he did by kicking out his members that actually showed some leadership ability and did all the negotiations, and then ended up disbanding the alliance anyways?

If you are that same Mars, I question your own character, as you have proven to be a terrible leader, and not someone's whose opinion should be valued.

If you are not that Mars, then my apologies, please continue.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 9:54 AM, Odin said:

Let's be honest, they just didn't know where the "Leave Alliance" button was all this time. 

When I had rushed the tombstoning, many members refused to find new homes, even when I had indicated that they had no protection and were just raidbait (especially after I set 0/0 taxes). The remaining 10 members (other than Fist) were kicked out when some politics got me to rush the tombstone.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:08 AM, Thalmor said:

Pantheon probably should've been destroyed but it should've happened as a result of the community failing to fight for it's existence through competent membership and administration. 

This seems like an artificial death and I think that cringe. 

One disagreement I have with others is that Pantheon did a fairly good job with the TJest operation at the end of last year. It would have lasted, in a way, unless someone decided to keep it rolled for 2 months or longer.

Part of my issue with Pantheon was toxic politics; I think when it truly "jumped the shark" was when Fist (whose nation is the sole remaining member) couped Sphinx and Yui. This resulted in a transition into "one man politics", since Fist overcentralized power, as well as a tradition of coups. Ethos was removed for inactivity (having vanished days before Nova Riata hit), and rawr was removed for inactivity (Six had spread claims that rawr wanted to disband the alliance). At the very end, it had become a fiefdom with many people resenting the power holder (not the alliance leader) and many of the old guard hoping it would just finally die.

One of the main reasons for tombstoning Pantheon (and one of the reasons I recoiled at Dusty and Nokia) was because Pantheon's brand had become wholly toxic. For non-Pantheon members, Pantheon was either a joke or a pityhorse, while for Pantheon itself, it became something people idolized, despite its weakness, and a source of emotional attachment demagogues could exploit for mediocre leadership. As an example of the former, one of the (chased out) former government, who was supposed to have had a power-sharing agreement with a former Titan, responded with "lol" at the tombstoning of the alliance and simply wanted me to disband it. As an example of the latter, that former Titan, Dusty, and Nokia all had lines of "make Pantheon great again" and exploited sentimental attachments to the alliance, despite showing relatively incompetent leadership and no clear planning.

@Lord Vader

Yeah, was originally going to post something on the spot, but didn't have an accessible forums account at the time.

Edited by Cherise

6 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Mars?

Is this the same Mars that was the leader of some trash micro during the TCW war a few months ago, that abandoned his alliance when it got rolled only to show up at the last minute to torpedo the peace talks that were a sig away from completion.  Which he did by kicking out his members that actually showed some leadership ability and did all the negotiations, and then ended up disbanding the alliance anyways?

If you are that same Mars, I question your own character, as you have proven to be a terrible leader, and not someone's whose opinion should be valued.

If you are not that Mars, then my apologies, please continue.

nop, its the mars that hangs out with your sister every night

also all you have just said is factually wrong, apologies accepted

Edited by Mars

Throw me to the wolves and I’ll return leading the pack.