Stop signing NAPs at the end of every war

Raphael

6 hours ago, Ogaden said:

Your power and ability to lead and command your followers depends on your integrity, as they depend on you and rely on you.

Completely agree, which is the main reason that I was so persistent in attempting to find the truth regarding the word of certain Alliance leaders.

Guys

stop acting like idiots

stop acting like wounded wolves and start acting like healthy wolves

!@#$ sake

it's just a game, you've earned the respect of the wolves already. y a don't gotta earn it again.

jfc idiots... no offense :P

-scurfy

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

5 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Guys

stop acting like idiots

stop acting like wounded wolves and start acting like healthy wolves

!@#$ sake

it's just a game, you've earned the respect of the wolves already. y a don't gotta earn it again.

jfc idiots... no offense :P

-scurfy

This reminds me of a joke- "It takes a big man to cry. And and even bigger man to laugh at him" :-p. It's a joke, but I think that hidden within it might be some real truth. Ultimately, everything has weaknesses. Now, one can try to hide those weaknesses from everyone, but the danger is that at some point in time, one or more of these weaknesses may be revealed. More likely than not, they will be revealed at an inopportune time. If, on the other hand, one chooses to reveal one's weaknesses to people one thinks are trustworthy, one might gain a truly good friend. Or not, it doesn't always work out. 

In any case, here's one I think you will agree with. A line from God: Emperor of Dune- 

“What happens when you think like a Fremen?” “You remember that you should never be in company that you wouldn’t want to die with."

11 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

This reminds me of a joke- "It takes a big man to cry. And and even bigger man to laugh at him" :-p. It's a joke, but I think that hidden within it might be some real truth. Ultimately, everything has weaknesses. Now, one can try to hide those weaknesses from everyone, but the danger is that at some point in time, one or more of these weaknesses may be revealed. More likely than not, they will be revealed at an inopportune time. If, on the other hand, one chooses to reveal one's weaknesses to people one thinks are trustworthy, one might gain a truly good friend. Or not, it doesn't always work out. 

In any case, here's one I think you will agree with. A line from God: Emperor of Dune- 

“What happens when you think like a Fremen?” “You remember that you should never be in company that you wouldn’t want to die with."

!@#$ why you remind me of a book I wanna read but haven't yet

I wanted to but my job is getting in the way

I don't like that, and you reminded me of that, so !@#$ you

!@#$ you. I hate you. Go away and... yeah, !@#$ you, no offense.

You little shit :P

-scarfy

...Hol up, I don't wnat to die at all. So should I just cloister myself away from the world forever?

Should I build a wall? Should I build a box for myself that protects me up to my own personal standards of genuine comfort?

...Because I will do literally anything to be comfortable, even sell my soul, to get that wall. I don't want to die, and I want to be comfortable.

...Is that so much to ask? If so, how much do I have to pay to get it? ...Asking for a friend :P

-scarfy

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

!@#$ why you remind me of a book I wanna read but haven't yet

I wanted to but my job is getting in the way

I don't like that, and you reminded me of that, so !@#$ you

!@#$ you. I hate you. Go away and... yeah, !@#$ you, no offense.

Not sure whether I should take you seriously or not :-p. Anyway, assuming you're being serious about the book at least, if you figure out what it's called, let me know, I'm curious :-p.

As to death, I'm personally not afraid of death per se. I think it'd be a relief, I worry about too much stuff in life -.- -Dying- on the other hand, seems like a real pain. Have a friend who probably doesn't have much time left in this world. Looking at how weak he is physically, I'm thinking if -I- were in his situation, I'd be looking for assisted suicide. However, he didn't get there overnight. I guess one can get used to it if it happens gradually. He does have a do not resuscitate order, although they didn't comply once already (in fairness, it's not tagged to his wrist and if someone's dying in a hospital, they aren't going over all the files to check). I imagine torture's the worst- no slow decline to get acclimated.

6 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Not sure whether I should take you seriously or not :-p. Anyway, assuming you're being serious about the book at least, if you figure out what it's called, let me know, I'm curious :-p.

As to death, I'm personally not afraid of death per se. I think it'd be a relief, I worry about too much stuff in life -.- -Dying- on the other hand, seems like a real pain. Have a friend who probably doesn't have much time left in this world. Looking at how weak he is physically, I'm thinking if -I- were in his situation, I'd be looking for assisted suicide. However, he didn't get there overnight. I guess one can get used to it if it happens gradually. He does have a do not resuscitate order, although they didn't comply once already (in fairness, it's not tagged to his wrist and if someone's dying in a hospital, they aren't going over all the files to check). I imagine torture's the worst- no slow decline to get acclimated.

Oh for SHITS sake don't patronize me, that really did insult me on a very deep and personal level. The book is LITERALLY on my desk. RIGHT NOW.

A copy is LITERALLY on my nightstand. Like, right now.

I've wanted to read it for a bit, but... well, frankly, you're distracting me right now.

And that's okay. I want to talk to you. I just don't want to be reminded of what I stand to lose by choosing to do so.

I would ask you to respect that.

...and I think I understand. I'm glad that you are finally becoming comfortable enough to admit these things so publicly, that took balls. sheer fricking BALLS.

Read back what you just wrote and tell me it didn't :P

haha prankt gottem :P

no but seriously you should be a writer. Professionally.

LIKE RIGHT NOW GO CALL A PUBLISHER

(Also please don't take me seriously, this is a persona you jackass)

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Oh for SHITS sake don't patronize me, that really did insult me on a very deep and personal level. The book is LITERALLY on my desk. RIGHT NOW.

A copy is LITERALLY on my nightstand. Like, right now.

I've wanted to read it for a bit, but... well, frankly, you're distracting me right now.

And that's okay. I want to talk to you. I just don't want to be reminded of what I stand to lose by choosing to do so.

I would ask you to respect that.

Not trying to patronize you. I'm just curious as to what the book's called.

5 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

...and I think I understand. I'm glad that you are finally becoming comfortable enough to admit these things so publicly, that took balls. sheer fricking BALLS.

Read back what you just wrote and tell me it didn't :P

haha prankt gottem :P

no but seriously you should be a writer. Professionally.

LIKE RIGHT NOW GO CALL A PUBLISHER

(Also please don't take me seriously [insult follows]...

It's hard to know when you're joking and when you're serious to be honest. I think most if not all of the above is the 'joking around' part, so I'll just leave it at that.

4 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Not trying to patronize you. I'm just curious as to what the book's called.

It's hard to know when you're joking and when you're serious to be honest. I think most if not all of the above is the 'joking around' part, so I'll just leave it at that.

(Dune, thought you knew that already. I was trying to... ah forget it.

And if I use parenthetical text, I am being sincere in the most literal sense that I know, which means not joking around. Same as if I message you privately, but in that case you'll be much, much more aware of the boundary between my jokes and my advice.)

......sorry just had a random thought

-scarfy

11 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

(Dune, thought you knew that already. I was trying to... ah forget it.

And if I use parenthetical text, I am being sincere in the most literal sense that I know, which means not joking around. Same as if I message you privately, but in that case you'll be much, much more aware of the boundary between my jokes and my advice.)

......sorry just had a random thought

-scarfy

Ahhh. It makes sense now :-). I thought you were saying that I reminded you of some book that you've been meaning to read, not the book I was quoting :-p.  Anyway, I highly recommend it, but I would, having literally read all of Frank Herbert's Dune books twice and almost every other book he ever wrote :-p. I even read some of his son's Dune books, but he just wasn't the same, so I think I skipped a few. 

Anyway, I will keep better track of when you are putting things in parenthesis from here on out :-p. 

• Haha 1

I'm personally always wishy-washy on NAPs.  I hate long ones, but shorter ones (3mos or less) are fine imo.  I'd be hypocritical though considering I pretty much heavily emphasized for a long one after that stupidity with NPO and Friends.

The only real reason why I did so was to allow players and alliances to readjust to things and figure out what they wanted to do moving on.  Plus there was just way too much damage done in all areas of the game.  And as a side note, there were some actual game changes coming up that I was hoping would improve the game once the NAP ended.

• Upvote 5