[Peace] Liberty Surrenders

Alan

2 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

"Poaching" is not real and not a CB.  If you can't keep your own members engaged and interested, that's your problem.  Weak alliances blame others when their members leave.

Poaching is 100 percent real, and of course it can be used as a CB.  If you sent a message to all my guys saying hey CoA is better than grumpy and you should come join us.  After we finished laughing at your ridiculous message, we could 100 percent use that as a reason to hit CoA.

3 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Poaching is 100 percent real, and of course it can be used as a CB.  If you sent a message to all my guys saying hey CoA is better than grumpy and you should come join us.  After we finished laughing at your ridiculous message, we could 100 percent use that as a reason to hit CoA.

It would show weakness.  Is GOB such a miserable place that you're at risk of losing members because someone sent a message?  That would be quite sad.  Any alliance that has its IA in order should honestly thank other parties for stripping away disloyal members and dead weight.  Needless to say, the act of "poaching" in this sort of  mass-messaging manner is pretty stupid for the "poacher," as they would get only bottom-of-the-barrel members for their efforts.

Yes, "poaching" is often used as a paper thin excuse to start a war, when one can't find any better reason to start a war they want, but it isn't a real CB, it simply isn't.  It also indicates that an alliance views it's members as property instead of free individuals.  It should be no surprise that the origins of this "CB" come from off-world, from none other than NPO, when they needed an excuse to hit someone, and also because they're a literal cult. 

It's also usually rolled out when one individual makes a free choice to join their friends in another alliance.  For that reason alone, the norm of using "poaching" as a CB should be done away with.  People should be free to make that choice, and bad, whiny leaders need to take the message that they're a shit leader if they can't retain people.

• Upvote 2

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

3 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Is GOB such a miserable place that you're at risk of losing members because someone sent a message?  That would be quite sad.  Any alliance that has its IA in order should honestly thank other parties for stripping away disloyal members and dead weight.  Needless to say, the act of "poaching" in this sort of  mass-messaging manner is pretty stupid for the "poacher," as they would get only bottom-of-the-barrel members for their efforts.

On this note, it does get me thinking what mass poaching message actually caused the majority of people to leave an alliance?

If such a message exists I would love to get my hands on it. 

14 hours ago, Deulos said:

On this note, it does get me thinking what mass poaching message actually caused the majority of people to leave an alliance?

If such a message exists I would love to get my hands on it. 

Once upon a time Typhon rampantly "poached" from other micros we raided. Basically just attacked disorganised micros then mass-messaged their members telling them it was their leader's fault they were being attacked but we'd give refuge to members that surrendered into our ranks. It worked to some degree.

Having been both sides of poaching, having poached members and had members poached, I don't see why poaching should be considered a legitimate CB. Alliances don't own their members, and it's entirely fair for players to move on to other alliances to join friends or just try something newly appealing (whether they learn about that from direct messaging or ads). Having said that, if you can get a micro to concede that their poaching constitutes a legit CB for war, more power to you.

11 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Once upon a time Typhon rampantly "poached" from other micros we raided. Basically just attacked disorganised micros then mass-messaged their members telling them it was their leader's fault they were being attacked but we'd give refuge to members that surrendered into our ranks. It worked to some degree.

Having been both sides of poaching, having poached members and had members poached, I don't see why poaching should be considered a legitimate CB. Alliances don't own their members, and it's entirely fair for players to move on to other alliances to join friends or just try something newly appealing (whether they learn about that from direct messaging or ads). Having said that, if you can get a micro to concede that their poaching constitutes a legit CB for war, more power to you.

Three words: Elitist Ego Retention

• Downvote 1

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger