[RoH] For your consideration

The Titan

2 minutes ago, Nokia Rokia said:

P sure they said you were weak on a good excuse because the person clearly wasnt trying to poach he was messaging past friends Id love it if those former members would respond here 

can someone try to spread this forum talks to the Poached members and see if they want to respond

PS not saying liberty is good at FA because Alan is awful at it he is the one doing it also but this is not something he was wrong about

lastly i hope TCM leaves this bloc for a different bloc 

also retirement is weird i have no desire to login in game but i feel like I want to read old forums sections and relive stuff 

The thing about P&W addiction is the game isn't addicting, its the community :P 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

14 minutes ago, Lossi said:

I mean no.  Debate can be had if it was poaching, but TO considered it poaching, so they attacked the person responsible (Not the people who left) which is the norm for anyone getting caught poaching, you hit them once, and walk away with a notice not to do it again.

They hit me right after they kicked me from the Imperium. Before TIE was founded

• Upvote 1

Your fav goth

RIE 6.5 Flag mini.png

Screenshot_270.png

The logs aren't on your side there

• Upvote 1

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

4 minutes ago, Lossi said:

Screenshot_270.png

The logs aren't on your side there

But they are?

0Capture.PNG

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

1 minute ago, Montiform said:

With the stuff im reading from MH. He got hit before creating TIE was for leaks.

I never actually leaked. I was offline for like 5 hours hanging out with my friend and came back being kicked and rolled

Your fav goth

RIE 6.5 Flag mini.png

1 minute ago, Montiform said:

What did they think you leaked?

That's the thing. They thought I was going to leak so they decided to obliterate me. I would also like to point out that other people have actually leaked and only been removed from gov and not kicked and rolled 

Your fav goth

RIE 6.5 Flag mini.png

6 minutes ago, Greatest Louisiana said:

I never actually leaked. I was offline for like 5 hours hanging out with my friend and came back being kicked and rolled

So what you're saying is.  Entirely irrelevant to this situation, you're just bringing up a past event in the hopes to gain sympathy.

• Upvote 1

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

2 minutes ago, Greatest Louisiana said:

That's the thing. They thought I was going to leak so they decided to obliterate me. I would also like to point out that other people have actually leaked and only been removed from gov and not kicked and rolled 

Leak the merge? or just other things

image.png?ex=65f5ac05&is=65e33705&hm=2cdc4b7e28777e34caf37f251fded716f2beb4178c3e91687d866b47cd329bac&=

3 hours ago, Lord Vader said:

Before long, all three current Liberty bloc members were hitting Order members that were not included in the original conflict, and, in fact, were not fighting at all.

This is after two TO members hit my GF (2ic of Black Skies).4846903e2391ea270f40d14089926fbe-png.jpg.8ece87e32d7dee500c9fc7d696ca18f5.jpgb2b2dbdfc9940d2884d36c9cf843a794-png.jpg.8dc626983f0de463d7b5ffeef3ef0ce5.jpg

Oh wait. What's their war declarations?

9e18e6b8100d9f52196b9fb1291072a8.png.92467cce5985776c685e661bc91717b2.png

"This is war". Oh yeah. We're totally the ones that escalated things though. BS man bad.

• Upvote 1

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

Just now, Young Guilo said:

This is after two TO members hit my GF (2ic of Black Skies).4846903e2391ea270f40d14089926fbe-png.jpg.8ece87e32d7dee500c9fc7d696ca18f5.jpgb2b2dbdfc9940d2884d36c9cf843a794-png.jpg.8dc626983f0de463d7b5ffeef3ef0ce5.jpg

Oh wait. What's their war declarations?

9e18e6b8100d9f52196b9fb1291072a8.png.92467cce5985776c685e661bc91717b2.png

"This is war". Oh yeah. We're totally the ones that escalated things though. BS man bad.

You mean, the default war decs that Alex wrote?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lossi said:

You mean, the default war decs that Alex wrote?

Yes the default war decs of "Let's hit Black Skies' 2ic that has no involvement in the war".

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

8 minutes ago, Young Guilo said:

We're totally the ones that escalated things though. 

TO sent counters. You guys counter the counters. That escalated it further to a point where Liberty bloc came in. Liberty hit uninvolved people. TO did it back. (Payback?)

• Downvote 1

image.png?ex=65f5ac05&is=65e33705&hm=2cdc4b7e28777e34caf37f251fded716f2beb4178c3e91687d866b47cd329bac&=

Pretty sure it isn't poaching unless the alliance is actually formed. If speedy was asking people to join the alliance before it was even made then he was asking for founders and I see nothing wrong with that. It's not like new alliances with more than 1 member just magically happen to get the extra members after they've just left their old alliance.

Asking people to join before officially forming your alliance is nothing new and it isn't poaching. Poaching is asking members of another alliance to join your existing alliance, not asking them to be founders. If he poached after he already made the alliance then fair enough. Otherwise your CB isn't quite valid.

Edited by Yzard
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Charles Bolivar said:

Wait what.

So if I am reading this right...a merger was pushed through without much consultation with your own members, and then you attacked your own former members when a few of them formed their own AA and discussed with their own friends about joining them in this new AA. At the same time considering these same members were given no choice in the matter or were barely informed of the merger at all?

Do you think you "own" the members of your alliance?  🤔

You're telling me that members aren't just cattle to be milked money and res?! Impossible! Next thing you know, you'll start telling me that people don't have to give me peace even if I say please.

• Upvote 3

@zigbigadorlou Sorry Zig, but I disagree with you a bit on this one. I'm new to the alliance and the game in general, but my personal opinion is that if Speedy agreed to those conditions while he was in our alliance, it's no different than if he had accepted a loan from us and then bailed. We'd still ask him to be bound by the rules he had agreed to initially, and if he refused, there would have to be repercussions. This should be doubly true if he's going to the head of a new alliance; if you're going to be a leader, your word is held to a higher standard than normal since it includes those who you're supposed to represent.

In this case, the condition was that he wasn't to discuss this new alliance with other members actively and he did so anyways. So he broke his own word and there has to be some kind punishment for that. At least, that's my take on the situation.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Red_Herring said:

@zigbigadorlou Sorry Zig, but I disagree with you a bit on this one. I'm new to the alliance and the game in general, but my personal opinion is that if Speedy agreed to those conditions while he was in our alliance, it's no different than if he had accepted a loan from us and then bailed. We'd still ask him to be bound by the rules he had agreed to initially, and if he refused, there would have to be repercussions. This should be doubly true if he's going to the head of a new alliance; if you're going to be a leader, your word is held to a higher standard than normal since it includes those who you're supposed to represent.

In this case, the condition was that he wasn't to discuss this new alliance with other members actively and he did so anyways. So he broke his own word and there has to be some kind punishment for that. At least, that's my take on the situation.

You have a right to disagree, but try not to let your AA color your interpretation of the matters. Your first paragraph, sure, of course you should honor your agreements. However, the agreement stated in the OP did not say he was barred from discussing the new alliance with other members. If it were, I'd have more coarse words to say. But the difference in opinion is whether friendly conversations with former alliance mates constitutes active poaching. 

If you started an alliance, would you talk about it with your friends and comrades? Of course. Does that constitute poaching? Hardly. People talk about what they're doing in game. People talk outside of their alliance. It happens. Go figure. 

• Upvote 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

23 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

You have a right to disagree, but try not to let your AA color your interpretation of the matters. Your first paragraph, sure, of course you should honor your agreements. However, the agreement stated in the OP did not say he was barred from discussing the new alliance with other members. If it were, I'd have more coarse words to say. But the difference in opinion is whether friendly conversations with former alliance mates constitutes active poaching. 

If you started an alliance, would you talk about it with your friends and comrades? Of course. Does that constitute poaching? Hardly. People talk about what they're doing in game. People talk outside of their alliance. It happens. Go figure. 

I agree, our conflicting views converges on whether discussing the creation of the new alliance with active members constituted poaching. My understanding of the OP is that the agreement was to allow things to proceed naturally. If members wanted to leave they were free to, but that had to be their own decision - without Speedy's influence. I feel that if you start up a conversation and then just "happen" to mention your new alliance, you're doing that with the intent to get said person into your alliance. In my book, that's not kosher, but you believe that falls into the natural category. I can respect that, even if I disagree with it.

Either way, I wanted to point on what I thought about the topic and to see what others thought about the situation.

PS: And no disrespect intended; I'll still be tuning into the show if it's up again this week. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Red_Herring said:

Either way, I wanted to point on what I thought about the topic and to see what others thought about the situation.

PS: And no disrespect intended; I'll still be tuning into the show if it's up again this week. 

Don't let our conflicting views dissuade you from sharing them. Its clear you come from a place of respect. In fact, all of the responses to me have been respectful - if wrong :P

There's a whole philosophy behind my statements that I know is rather unique to myself and which I struggle to convey coherently. Maybe I'll get the editing initiative to make a proper thread...but the brunt of the argument is that friendly conversations of the pros and cons of different alliances is healthy for everyone, and changing alliances based on that should not be looked down upon. I think of it as a sort of age of consent. If you're talking to newbies...sure, they don't know better than to chase after random stuff. But once you've been around enough, you should have enough experience to make a rational choice to change. Like the one person in the thread said, they were unhappy in one alliance, and changing has improved their experience. That to me is a win.

The only reason you'd be against such a move is if you divorce yourself from the person and think in terms of units. Like these people are possessions that can be stolen. That is the mentality I often see with regards to poaching, and it completely neglects the responsibility of the individual to chose. 

Having an outright ban on poaching also weakens alliance function. In a free market, the alliances have to compete for membership, so alliances have to actually serve their constituents or they fail. But if the members are not allowed to obtain that information, they stagnate in the same alliance. 

There's more but I'm tired.

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/