"Natural" bounties

Sir Scarfalot

Idea to encourage active gameplay: All nations gain some amount of "natural" bounty based on their city count/average infra level. This bounty would work like any other bounty, but constantly increments every day (and ideally would be paired with the phantom escrow idea to permit bounty claims despite blockade). It shouldn't be so much as to be an abuseable source of real income, but would be sufficient to discourage stank pixelhuggery.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Idea to encourage active gameplay: All nations gain some amount of "natural" bounty based on their city count/average infra level. This bounty would work like any other bounty, but constantly increments every day (and ideally would be paired with the phantom escrow idea to permit bounty claims despite blockade). It shouldn't be so much as to be an abuseable source of real income, but would be sufficient to discourage stank pixelhuggery.

1: I agree, but I would cap it out maybe?
2: I don't know what the escrow thing is, but I think its more fair to get all your bounties stacked up, and you recieve them all when you aren't blockaded anymore.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BelgiumFury said:

2: I don't know what the escrow thing is, but I think its more fair to get all your bounties stacked up, and you recieve them all when you aren't blockaded anymore.

That's what I mean by "escrow"; the game just kind of holds onto your bounties and pays them into your nation as soon as you're not blockaded ^-^

6 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

That's what I mean by "escrow"; the game just kind of holds onto your bounties and pays them into your nation as soon as you're not blockaded ^-^

I tought it was instantly get them. 
Seems we are on the same line then. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ketya said:

So, each day a natural $10k (or else) bounty per city is put on every nation? 

Something like that, yep. At 30 cities, that'd be $300k per day, which comes around to ~109m after a full year. Since nobody's going for 100m bounties on nations of that scale, I think you might have actually hit on a winner for the number there.

Would have been an interesting twist if that nation is also given the option to buy out that bounty at 3X the value (just as another resource sink). I.e. I have $100m accumulated on my nation, I can spend $300m to remove it (unless I am already in a war).

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Horsecock said:

It would need to increase (at least slightly) exponentially, or pixel huggers would have the same cumulative bounty over time as everyone else.

Well, it'd scale by city certainly, but I was thinking it might also scale a bit by infrastructure? Exponentiation sounds like it'd get out of hand real quick tbh.