New Improvements and Projects

DJ Kate Bush

Hey all, I'm spitballing some ideas out here so please feel free to offer suggestions or jump down my throat!

Projects being used to enhance raw production
"Underground Mines" offers a 5% bonus to mine output. 
"GMO research operation" offers a 5% bonus to farm output
"Hydraulic Fracturing" offers a 5% bonus to oil well output

New improvements for food production.
Cattle Ranch - provide Food equivalent to your Land Area⁄350 (2.00) tons of Food per turn. Operational costs are $300 per day ($25/turn). You can have up to 10 cattle ranches per city. 
Each Cattle Ranch adds 20 point to your Pollution Index.

Fisheries - Fisheries provide Food equivalent to your Land Area⁄200 (2.00) tons of Food per turn. Operational costs are $300 per day ($25/turn). You can have up to 5 fisheries per city.
Each Fishery adds 20 point to your Pollution Index. Production bonus for 5 fisheries is -25% per fishery due to overfishing

New Improvements for commerce.
Diamond Mines - Diamond Mines increase commerce by 5% and increase crime by 2%. Supermarkets cost $500,000 to build.
Operational costs are $1200 per day ($100/turn). You can have up to 5 diamond mines per city.
Each diamond mine adds 12 points to your pollution index

Trade Port - Trade Ports increase commerce by 15%. Trade ports cost $500,000 and 10 ships to build.
Operational costs are $12,150 per day ($1013/turn). You can have up to 2 trade ports per city.
Each trade port adds 20 points to your pollution index.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 2:17 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

So, the 5th fishery leaves you with just as much produced fish as the 4th fishery, because literally reasons?

Tbh, yeah these were really half baked and even then, at the time I didn't know anywhere near as much about the mechanics of the game to know how well they would work. 

I would like to see more diversity in the game though so as I learn more about the game I'll think and discuss changes like these in more depth

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 10:55 AM, DJ Kate Bush said:

Hey all, I'm spitballing some ideas out here so please feel free to offer suggestions or jump down my throat!

Projects being used to enhance raw production
"Underground Mines" offers a 5% bonus to mine output. 
"GMO research operation" offers a 5% bonus to farm output
"Hydraulic Fracturing" offers a 5% bonus to oil well output

New improvements for food production.
Cattle Ranch - provide Food equivalent to your Land Area⁄350 (2.00) tons of Food per turn. Operational costs are $300 per day ($25/turn). You can have up to 10 cattle ranches per city. 
Each Cattle Ranch adds 20 point to your Pollution Index.

Fisheries - Fisheries provide Food equivalent to your Land Area⁄200 (2.00) tons of Food per turn. Operational costs are $300 per day ($25/turn). You can have up to 5 fisheries per city.
Each Fishery adds 20 point to your Pollution Index. Production bonus for 5 fisheries is -25% per fishery due to overfishing

New Improvements for commerce.
Diamond Mines - Diamond Mines increase commerce by 5% and increase crime by 2%. Supermarkets cost $500,000 to build.
Operational costs are $1200 per day ($100/turn). You can have up to 5 diamond mines per city.
Each diamond mine adds 12 points to your pollution index

Trade Port - Trade Ports increase commerce by 15%. Trade ports cost $500,000 and 10 ships to build.
Operational costs are $12,150 per day ($1013/turn). You can have up to 2 trade ports per city.
Each trade port adds 20 points to your pollution index.

I think that diamonds should be there own resource and you can build a jewelry factory to refine them