Hello to everyone

Aglet Guyn

On 8/10/2021 at 9:32 PM, Audon said:

Well. I hope you have success in your future endeavors.

Well, I have been seriously thinking about buying Politics and War.  I figure it's worth about $16,000.00 dollars, though I'm willing to go as high as $18,000.00.  Oh I'm sure Alex wants some ridiculous figure for it, maybe $20,000.00 or $25,000.00 dollars, but I'm willing to haggle.  Up to $18 thousand.  

If you mean in-game endeavors...   well we will see how it goes.  

On 8/13/2021 at 6:04 AM, Aglet Green said:

Well, I have been seriously thinking about buying Politics and War.  I figure it's worth about $16,000.00 dollars, though I'm willing to go as high as $18,000.00.  Oh I'm sure Alex wants some ridiculous figure for it, maybe $20,000.00 or $25,000.00 dollars, but I'm willing to haggle.  Up to $18 thousand.  

If you mean in-game endeavors...   well we will see how it goes.  

From what i have heard you are seriously underestimating the price of this game. The walls told me Alex payed his college tuition with this game, so a 16000 dollar estimation seems like royally lowballing it. 

+ ofcourse we don't know the sentimental value of this game to him.

14 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

The walls told me Alex payed his college tuition with this game, so a 16000 dollar estimation seems like royally lowballing it.

If the walls start to tell you things we need to talk.

So it turns out that war is a vastly different experience than peace.  Many of you guys reading the OWF are veterans from CN and elsewhere, but I just started in 2021.  Played the game for a month or two, deleted my nation, came back a month or two later in April and so this is my first war where I'm a target.  Last time around I helped out with some spying and some counters but this time I'm getting blasted to smithereens.  

Which is okay.  I'd be annoyed if I lost a 1 on 1, but going down to 5 to 1 is something I can live with.  If I couldn't handle the fact that you have to lose some battles to win a war, I wouldn't be playing a game with the word 'war' in the title.  It's a good teaching moment; I'm learning the value of various units that I never used when just raiding inactives, plus I'm seeing the synergy of how 3 or 4 well coordinated guys can really do a number on someone they're focused on.  I don't like it, but at least now I understand why certain large alliances have policies I consider Draconian and cookie-cutter and min/max and whatever: they work.  Stuff I chafed against in peacetime now makes much more sense.  I'll tip my hat to Allend (and Frank, Canbec and the rest) as a guy who's doing a good job coordinating his guys.  

Anyway, I'll just dust myself off and keep plugging away.  One advantage of having just a few cities with just a little infra in each is that it won't cost me anything except time to rebuild; I've raided enough cash and resources that rebuilding will be easy so I'm not concerned with any damage inflicted on my nation by anyone else.  War: it is what it is; I appreciate the insights (of why certain alliances do what they do) that this war experience has given me.  

• 4 months later...

Apparently I can't predict my OWN future, though.  

As some of you know, a few years back I was in middle management in Manhattan when I was involved in an elevator accident that broke both legs and put me in a wheelchair for 6 months.  Thanks to lots of rehab, my legs healed and I learned to walk again (believe it or not, you lose the ability to balance pretty quickly) but I had many circulation and heart problems plus deteriorated muscles from sitting around.  I did rebound and was on the mend but what also happened a few years back was Covid19, so at the worst possible time I ended up working from home and not doing my body any favors.  Last year I went to get an annual physical and I failed it totally.  The bloodwork came back looking like a Xmas tree display, red and yellow and green boxes everywhere.  Then I got other things happening such as high blood pressure and a heart murmur, and the hits just kept on coming.  

I'm not a pessimist, but I was convinced I was a goner.  

Then I had my annual physical yesterday.  The bloodwork came back all green.  I had an Echo EKG thing; no problems.  Blood pressure is where it should be; heart and lungs and skin and breathing and whatever, all normal.  The doctor threw me out of his office and told me he had real patients to worry about; come back in 6 months or a year for a check-up, otherwise bye-bye.  Well he told me he was pleased with my progress and my agreement to follow his diet-and-exercise plan to the letter, gave me a pat on the back and told me to stay healthy, then he kicked me out.  

Now I feel silly that I gave away all my fake PnW billions to people in the Delta/Johnsons since I had incorrectly predicted my own demise, but what is done is done.  Besides, now that I know I have another 40 to 50 years (or whatever) ahead of me, I can earn it all back.  

• Like 1