Commodities

Prefontaine

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

At best, if you removed the non stackability of them, and I took on every monetary resource, it'd be about 1.6m extra per day. Sounds great, but remember my current DNR is 35-37m depending on the season, you're talking about a 4.4% increase there. That is absolutely not even close to the same galaxy as game breaking and it's only just big enough to care any about. This of course assumes these resources work the way I think they do, I applied them to my gross monetary income before expenses.

I mean... 35-37 mil at city 28. That's 1.25-1.32 million per city. So, if you were to remove the non-stackability of it, you would gain more than a city's worth of money from it.... If they can't be stacked, they absolutely suck.

1 hour ago, Seb said:

I actually like this change. Another layer to the complexity of the game without affecting the actual gameplay.

This is an oxymoron that should've been thought out for the longer than the 15 seconds put into it.

If it isn't relevant or doesn't affect gameplay, then it's not a layer of complexity, it's the factbook. An irrelevant side tab most people forget even exists, even when they themselves have one and actually used it at one point, because it doesn't actually matter to anything. 

36 minutes ago, CitrusK said:

You messed up the quoting btw, but ye. Pre confirmed on discord the stackability thing is in relation to somebody trying to get 8 ivory or something, you can stack bonuses in classes such as monetary from different resources though.

• Like 1

What if commodities are exactly like resources that you can produce at will? So if you have 4000 infra you can produce whatever commodities you want.

• Downvote 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

I like this idea in general.  It's debatable how much it adds, but it definitely doesn't hurt.

I definitely foresee some not being used at all, while others being used by everyone.  It might be interesting to add some type of element where the less common a resource is, the more of a bonus it provides.

I would also like to see some commodities that impact resource production other than just food.

Edited by Azaghul
  • Like 6
GnWq7CW.png

Is loot bonus extra taken from the losing nation or is it an outside bonus to the loot taken? I worry that the latter is exploitable but other than that this looks really good.

Edited by Grave
Added the question mark

They really adding CN trade circles huh, poor Econ, get ready @Broke

TBH, you should make the buffs stackable.

• Like 2

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

3 hours ago, Azaghul said:

I definitely foresee some not being used at all, while others being used by everyone.  It might be interesting to add some type of element where the less common a resource is, the more of a bonus it provides.

I suspect few of these will be used by many while others won’t be used at all. The idea above around the impact of the bonus change based on how many players are using would be an interesting edit. It could make it much more dynamic, to some extent making players more active.

7 hours ago, Seb said:

I actually like this change. Another layer to the complexity of the game without affecting the actual gameplay.

These are my thoughts and feelings exactly. I welcome this update.

• Upvote 5

new_forum_sig_2.png

Also I forgot to mention

@MinesomeMC You're so close to getting that water you've always wanted.

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

11 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Commodities

• Every nation generates two different Commodities in their nation. There are 25 total different Commodities.
  • Every nation starts with 1 Commodities swap which will allow for an instant change for a single Commodity.
  • If a nation has less than or equal to 100 days since being founded and uses their free Commodities swap, that Commodities swap will return 15 days (180 turns) after being used for free. Any nation with more than 100 days since being founded that uses their free Commodities swap will have their free Commodities swap return after 60 days (720 turns). 
  • Commodities swap timers can be reduced to 0 turns for 2 credits. 
  • Every nation is allowed one default shipping routes. Which allow access to the other nations Commodities resources creating a total of 4 Commodities resources.
  • A low cost project will be introduced which allows for an additional shipping route creating a total of 6 Commodities resources.
  • A higher cost project will be introduced which allows for an additional shipping route creating a total of 8 Commodities resources.
  • Commodities effects do not stack.

Food Base

Cattle - Increase Food output by 2%, bonus ceases if radiation levels are above 50%
Water - Increase Food output by 2.5% but in Winter Season drops to .5%
Fish - Reduces food usage by 5%
Bananas - Increases food output by 0.5%. Reduces disease by 0.5% per city. Reduces food usage by 2%

Monetary Base

Spices - Increase Monetary Revenue by 1%.
Diamonds - Adds $25,000 per turn in revenue ($300,000 per day, in comparison 50k color bonus is $600,000)
Gold - Adds $20,000 per turn in revenue ($240,000 per day, in comparison 50k color bonus is $600,000)
Tea - Increase Monetary Revenue by 1%
Ivory - Increases Monetary Revenue by 2% but raises crime by 2%

City Base

Coffee - Increase Commerce (and the commerce cap) by 1% in all cities
Citrus - Decreases Disease in all cities by 2%
Silver - Decreases Crime in all cities by 2%
Glass - Reduces pollution by 25 in each city.
Cotton - Increases population by 0.5%
Furs -  Increases population by 0.5%
Copper - Decreases Power Improvements daily cost, resource, and purchase use by 5%
Titanium - Decreases infra cost by 5%
Soil - Decreases land cost by 5%

Military Base

Silicon - Increases daily limit purchase amount of troops by 1%
Rubber - Decrease Tank/Plane upkeep and monetary purchase costs by 2%
Stone - Decrease Ship upkeep and purchase costs by cost by 5%
Dyes -  Decrease Soldier upkeep (including food) and purchase costs by 5%
Salt - Reduces radiation effect on food by 15%
Skulls - 2% loot boost if average infra greater than 1k, 5% loot boost if average infra less than or equal to 1k
Ruby - Bonus can never be reduced below 100k or increased above 1000k. Whenever you win a war gain your ruby bonus. When you win a war it's bonus is increased by 25k. When you lose a war it's bonus is decreased by 10k. 

The projects will also be listed in another thread coming soon.

1. Logistics Center
    • Effect:  Opens an additional trade route for Commodities
    • Cost
      • Cash: $5,000,000
      • Food: 25,000
      • Uranium: 5,000
      • Aluminum: 5,000
  2. World Trade Organization
    • Effect: Opens an additional trade route for Commodities
    • Requirements: International Trade Center, Logistics Center, Space Program
    • Cost
      • Cash: $20,000,000
      • Food: 250,000
      • Uranium: 15,000
      • Aluminum: 10,000
      • Gasoline: 10,000

I think this would be a good idea, so long as their are negative buffs too.

For example, livestock will cause more pollution, especially cows.

Ceratin materials for military buffs should increase pollution and the cost of soldier upkeep since those materials would need to be mined, processed, and implemented. Depleted uranium tipped shells will cost more to produce/store than a standard one.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

7 hours ago, James II said:

For example, livestock will cause more pollution, especially cows.

It was originally in there, and I'm not opposed to adding it back. However a 2% increase on food production for say, someone who makes 100k food a day (looking at high end examples) would be 2k more food a day, in current markets that's about 240k a day. To produce 100k a day you likely have somewhere around 30+ cities (or a lotttt of land). I believe the original proposal was to make farms produce +2 pollution (they already make 2, so it's a 100% increase) so in that case to get about 240K extra income a day you would cost get +1,200 pollution in your nation. 

Not really a worth while approach. Some flat increase to pollution as a whole, maybe increasing pollution but 10 in each city, could be reasonable. I'm open to opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

I don’t get how this even adds to the game.

it just literally seems like free shit so everyone upvotes cause people like free money. 

At best people might interact a bit more by trading but in reality it’s just going to be alliance members posting “I got x you got ivory?” Then done in 5 mins.

Yeah, once again this is just free shit, it’s probably not even good in the long run for the game since it just accelerates money printing without an added permanent sink. Also I can see this limiting the design of future changes a lot, with this change your already getting to like 20% possible discounts for infra and land, like putting a 5% discount everywhere cause it looks nice isn’t a good idea.

I mean what other benefits can you even add to future projects/changes if this change is added, just keep adding revenue bonuses, land and infra discounts till we reach 100% off and everyone is printing 30m a day at c20?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Seb said:

this would be largely beneficial to whales with an already inflated income. You add the chance to add 10% extra commerce and you will see some nations making 5 to 10m more than they did before. 1% benefit is enough to make a difference without destroying the base game.

okay that is fair, but many people did say 1% meant nothing. Perhaps 5% - 10% is to large, but maybe like 2% (being able to increase to 4%) or something like that

On 1/27/2021 at 10:40 AM, Prefontaine said:

Every nation is allowed one default shipping routes. Which allow access to the other nations Commodities resources creating a total of 4 Commodities resources.

@Prefontaine can you tell a little more about the shipping routes?

can players cancel these anytime or are they going to be set for a default number of turns?

is it a two way relationship (I get a commodity from you and you get one from me)?

Do each shipping route offer access to one or two commodities?