Commodities

Prefontaine

2 minutes ago, Changeup said:

It's a replica of a CyberNations system that doesn't work great there and seems rather useless here.

As someone who plays CyberNations ~~for reasons I don't know why~~ I disagree with the fact that it doesn't work. It just takes time to really master it.

Edited by Lord Vader
  • Upvote 4

Peace in our time

1 minute ago, Lord Vader said:

As someone who plays CyberNations ~~for reasons I don't know why~~ I disagree with the fact that it doesn't work. It just takes time to really master it.

It works, but it's high maintenance and works poorly. It isn't needed here, and adding functionality to mostly cosmetic things would actually be a much better use of time.

• Upvote 3

unknown_3_1_65.png

Y'know, I actually had this idea a while back as well. I think consumer goods can add a lot of dynamic to the game.

Nevermind the fact that it would make the book that I am writing about PnW from a Citizen's perspective a bit more interesting...hehe......

4 minutes ago, Changeup said:

Adding functionality to mostly cosmetic things would actually be a much better use of time.

This is a fair point though. I think treasures need to be revamped and updated, because in their current state they suck. Also I would like different government types to have different bonuses and have policies that more directly effect gameplay. It'd add more dynamic and strategy to the game.

• Like 2

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

It’s definitely interesting. It’s a lot to learn so it probably won’t be to helpful to the average player and I already know that people will find some very powerful consumer good pairs. 

Your fav goth

RIE 6.5 Flag mini.png

24 minutes ago, Lord Vader said:

Question: Does this replace treasures, or will treasures continue as is?

No change to treasures. I've got a treasure trade mechanic in the works for the next mega large update thread. I wanted to keep that thread separate from this one however. The other thread will hopefully be up next week. 

24 minutes ago, DaBigBawss said:

Nothing for manufacturing or for raw improvements. But the core concept I think I can get behind.

Room to expand. We're avoiding touching resource production at the moment. But it's definitely a possibility down the road. 

28 minutes ago, zigbigadorlou said:

Is this a reference to poaching?

Yes.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

3 minutes ago, Leopold von Habsburg said:

Trade circles in PnW, I might have to consider my departure date from this game. Nothing good will come from this.

says the "venture capitalist" smh.

To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)

Just now, Leopold von Habsburg said:

Don't try to prop up a system that doesnt work, that's just common sense.

How do you know it doesn't work? We haven't even tried it lmao.

Let them implement it on the test server and we can go from there.

• Upvote 1

Not that anyone cares, but the way I would change this system is everyone gets one commodity, that they can trade with other nations whenever they want. Bump them all up by a lot (like instead of a 1% commerce rate increase, make it a 5% or something, and do that to all of them). Then, get rid of the less expensive project, and make the more expensive project increase the rate of the commodity (so using the commerce rate example, it takes it from 5% to 10% or something like that) [By the way, these are just ball park numbers,

I'm just saying overall increase the impact of a commodity]. Obviously we would have to change what commodities are out there, but this has a couple of benefits to the game. Firstly, this will actually have an impact on the game. Secondly, it will allow nations to better choose what kind of nation they are. (i.e. whale, raider, balanced, etc.) this gives them the ability to double down on what kind of nation they are, or moderate what kind of nation they are. Thirdly, it increases the amount of interaction that nations have with each other, as nations would have to find nations to trade with (with more details than your regular trade interaction). Lastly, this is going to help alliances choose what kind of alliance they are. For example, aargh and mythic might want all players to have the raiding commodity, but other alliances might want to split up their alliance by commodity to better benefit the game. This also leads to more nations choosing for themselves what role they have in an alliance. Those are my two cents on it . 

[none of the above statements reflect the beliefs of my alliance nor are they endorsed by my alliance, government, or members. They are simply what I think would benefit the game]

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Room to expand. We're avoiding touching resource production at the moment. But it's definitely a possibility down the road. 

So are the posted values up to negotiation after testing?

• Upvote 2

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

2 minutes ago, Avatar Korra Sato said:

so using the commerce rate example, it takes it from 5% to 10% or something like that

this would be largely beneficial to whales with an already inflated income. You add the chance to add 10% extra commerce and you will see some nations making 5 to 10m more than they did before. 1% benefit is enough to make a difference without destroying the base game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2