[DOE] Independent Republic of Orange Nations (IRON)

JadenStar10

8 minutes ago, Nokia Rokia said:

Imagine holding grudges from CN and PnW for years about past boring stuff that has been dealt with

Imagine having the context of a comment fly straight over your head and still feeling the need to finger wag, resulting in a post that has the utility of a square wheel. 

@iron: welcome. I'm going to go with benefit of the doubt. Please don't make us regret it. 

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Haha 6

os9LcJK.gif

I find it funny that the leaders have none of the qualities they expect from their members (loyalty, honor, respect, selflessness, no-poaching, etc. ) 

Not one of those values are held by the leadership at all. 

But I digress, good luck, your success depends on your members being Nothing like you. (which is unlikely.)

Edited by Grave
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

Imagine having the context of a comment fly straight over your head and still feeling the need to finger wag, resulting in a post that has the utility of a square wheel. 

@iron: welcome. I'm going to go with benefit of the doubt. Please don't make us regret it. 

to @Prefonteen, @Zed, @WarriorSoul, and others who it may concern, IRON believes in fair play. It is up to the admins of a game to decide how they manage those they believe have broken rules. We play fair, and abide by the rules. We will not get caught up in events which happened prior to our joining. the IRON community is here to have fun :) , isnt that why we all play this game? :D 

Edited by JadenStar10
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

Just now, JadenStar10 said:

to @Prefonteen, @Zed, @WarriorSoul, and other who it may concern, IRON believes in fair play. It is up to the admins of a game to decide how they manage those they believe have broken rules. We play fair, and abide by the rules. We will not get caught up in events which happened prior to our joining. the IRON community is here to have fun :) , isnt that why we all play this game? :D 

I don't think (most) people were accusing you of anything, or that you would do anything. No sense in not giving you the benefit of the doubt, especially given you've had nothing to do with the aforementioned events. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

How many times will we give the benefit of the doubt? I'm starting to doubt it's a benefit at all.

As Grub, Roquentin, and others have stated on multiple occasions - "Community ties will carry across games, it's not surprising than allies in other games tend to be allies in this game." I guess their conscious choice to carryover their CN name isn't a clear enough indicator. IRON has just been an NPO client state for years now so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Though I admit I'm not overtly worried for the community seeing IRON with 5 members protected by Aurora.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JadenStar10 said:

to @Prefonteen, @Zed, @WarriorSoul, and other who it may concern, IRON believes in fair play. It is up to the admins of a game to decide how they manage those they believe have broken rules. We play fair, and abide by the rules. We will not get caught up in events which happened prior to our joining. the IRON community is here to have fun :) , isnt that why we all play this game? :D 

The alliance I spent my CN career in was usually a friend and close ally of IRON. I have many good memories of working with IRON there; some of them even tie over to color unity and politics that I appreciate in this game (just I swapped Orange for Green). The Syndicate itself has had players from CN IRON in it as well, and some of them are very influential players of IRON even today. All of them were wonderful members of our community, and I would not mind seeing them again. I stand by that.

What I am not a fan of, and why I had a more cold response, is why you would choose to import a community in its direct branding over from one place to here given the historical connections and ties that have happened in both games. IRON has a very strong legacy in CN, and would probably be a Sanctioned Alliance if there were an all-time ranking; people know the name. The contemporary cross-game ties are troubling here. I understand that gaming communities often move into multiple games, after all I suspect most of the players here got their start in some other game before this one. I do not have problems with that because doing so would be hypocritical, and it would ignore reality. Honestly if you had formed an alliance, had IRON members come over, and called it something else entirely without the branding from another place which does not evoke a good reaction here… I would not have the same public reaction.

As I have stated before, the alliance I play in now (spare me the micro jokes) has had wonderful members of CN IRON in it. I know I have made plenty of posts here which would be critical of certain new communities forming because they are not in a position of strength to understand how to be successful with the mechanics of a new game when it is well-established. I stand by that; part of that understanding is knowing some of the history of a game, and realizing that some people will not appreciate overt references to a community which has ties to one that not only willingly and deliberately violated the rules of the game, but also sought to exterminate players opposed to them from it. It is not a good look.

I do not believe you, or this iteration of IRON, will violate the rules willingly and deliberately, nor will you want to seek the removal of players from the game. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

In paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat, et cüm Lazaro quondam paupere æternam habeas requiem.

Welcome! It would be neat to see IRON (as well as other old CN communities) really get established here and properly adapt to P&W. Great opportunity for a fresh start as well, if needed. I don't know of the events of CN past 2013 in the slightest, but with NPO being non-existent here and any sympathy for them being mercilessly stamped out (and rightfully so), I'm not too concerned about that type of conduct making a resurgence from any cross-over alliances. Best of luck in bringing more players over to the game!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

On 1/25/2021 at 5:36 AM, Kurdanak said:

Welcome! It would be neat to see IRON (as well as other old CN communities) really get established here and properly adapt to P&W. Great opportunity for a fresh start as well, if needed. I don't know of the events of CN past 2013 in the slightest, but with NPO being non-existent here and any sympathy for them being mercilessly stamped out (and rightfully so), I'm not too concerned about that type of conduct making a resurgence from any cross-over alliances. Best of luck in bringing more players over to the game!

Yep i agree with that. Although a lot of alliances once big enough to be sanctioned in CN have already made an appearance in Orbis at some point. UPN, WTF, Fark, Polaris (NpO), GATO, R&R, Legion and now IRON are all here and ODN, VE, Ragnarok, GPA, GOONS & NPO have in the past. That's also not including any communities which have come across in all but name, of which there have been many

• Like 1