Taith Gift Card Giveaway

Greene

1 minute ago, Reltih said:

Not a Steam Gift Card, boo.

If you win open a ticket in our server and I’ll change it to Steam. 

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

Now you're trying to bribe people with irl money so you can steal their ig money. Sad.

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

7 hours ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

Isn't this against the rules though...

No goods or services are being traded for in-game money or other in-game currency. There is no cost, and the only requirements that are being placed on participation is the necessity that participants join the server, be verified by the Locutus bot (which costs the player nothing), and then react to the giveaway message.

• Like 1

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

Just now, Greene said:

No goods or services are being traded for in-game money or other in-game currency. There is no cost, and the only requirements that are being placed on participation is the necessity that participants join the server, be verified by the Locutus bot (which costs the player nothing), and then react to the giveaway message.

Hey, I have nothing against it. I'm just skeptical of Alex's word on this, and I don't fancy the idea of half of all the money in Orbis vanishing into thin air as all of Taith gets banned 😜 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

8 minutes ago, katashimon13 said:

admin will pay it back cause private banks are such an essential service in this game dont u worry

rawr

I should hope not. Man, wouldn't that just be justice if all the banks got deleted. Glorious. 

• Downvote 1

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

9 hours ago, Aqua-Corpsman said:

Isn't this against the rules though...

Given how the rule is written, probably not...

Real-World Transactions for In-Game Materials

Politics & War has a limited donation system to prevent the game from being "pay-to-win." In addition to limits on Credit usage, it is against the rules for players to make exchanges of real-life money or goods for in-game materials, including but not limited to: in-game money, and in-game resources. Examples of this type of behavior would include: sending someone real-life money for in-game money or in-game resources, purchasing someone a Steam game for in-game money or in-game resources, sending someone a gift-card for in-game money or in-game resources, and any other sort of real-world trade for in-game goods.

The punishment for real-world transactions for in-game materials will be a complete nation reset upon first offense, and a permanent ban from Politics & War upon a second offense.

Though if we ignore the examples given which obviously imply it's only concerned with direct exchanges between players, interpretation of the highlighted part and specifically the word 'exchange' itself could give Alex wiggle room to apply this more loosely as this could arguably also speak to the consequence of a player's actions resulting in an exchange of real world goods for in-game resources (however elaborate that process may be). For instance, the Taith Discord appears to sell ads presumably for in-game resources. The prize offered here is presumably an effort to increase the value of their Discord ad space. Therefore they are arguably attempting to exchange a gift card (on the game forum no less) for an increased value to their ad space and exchange that for more in-game resources without buying more credits or being obstructed by credit purchase limits (Greene has already used 7 credits this month).

However, all of the examples given imply the intent is only to address direct exchanges. Therefore it would seem that any process you can imagine where you indirectly exchange a gift card's value for some in-game value, such as what Greene is doing, may in fact be permissible. The lesson here is NPO should have consulted Greene for advice before undergoing their enormous farming operation as Greene is clearly mindful enough to properly dance around game rules.

Maybe @Alex can weigh in on this.

5 hours ago, Zephyr said:

The lesson here is NPO should have consulted Greene for advice before undergoing their enormous farming operation as Greene is clearly mindful enough to properly dance around game rules.

Certainly not his first dance, mind you :ph34r:

sj9eySa.gif

The incredible part of this being that the rule danced around here was added specifically because of Greene's actions in the past - I've got to say, his tenacity is pretty impressive, at least. 

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Haha 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

As I see it the crux is this; is the money being used to provide in-game benefits for Taith?

If the answer is yes, then there is a major issue, but, if the answer is no then what is the issue?

Based on what is posted the only benefit to Taith, that I can see, is that more people may engage with the Taith social media outlets. There is no advantage for us doing this in the game, the benefits are purely out of game and actually the cost probably outweighs any advantage gained.

If this was going to benefit or make money/resources for Taith, then there would be an issue. But I would contend that clearly isn't the case.

This giveaway doesn't gain in-game perks for anyone in Taith. Other people may benefit from being verified by Locotus, I query if that is such a bad thing? It may encourage further people to engage in the VIP program in-game.

Edited by Robert Ap Ioan
verbosity
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.e4868f4c489b7e212b9da55256f6e053.png

image.png.28bff57e3a32cf6754c7b16d4c14cfc8.png

The first special giveaway was paid out yesterday. Congratulations to @Viriato

• Upvote 1

greene.png

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately, I didn't win a Taith gift card. But I'm not upset, because I like giving presents more than receiving them. I usually order unusual gifts on the site www.jetgiftbaskets.com, which provides an opportunity to order any gift basket to the taste of even the most fastidious customer. I often use the services of this site because they are very high quality and inexpensive gifts, which cause only positive emotions. Any person will be pleased to receive a bouquet of chocolates or a surprise basket for his birthday. 

Edited by ernadrey11

On 10/27/2022 at 8:25 AM, ernadrey11 said:

Unfortunately, I didn't win a Taith gift card. But I'm not upset, because I like giving presents more than receiving them. I usually order unusual gifts on the site www.jetgiftbaskets.com, which provides an opportunity to order any gift basket to the taste of even the most fastidious customer. I often use the services of this site because they are very high quality and inexpensive gifts, which cause only positive emotions. Any person will be pleased to receive a bouquet of chocolates or a surprise basket for his birthday. 

Bruh, you will just now figured out Greene is a scammer. 

• Haha 1